PDA

View Full Version : Blommer DOD Interview!

tiger1
06-13-2015, 06:01 AM
Bloomer said when he got home he put on same fire suit, helmet, shoes weighed his car. An guess what, he made weight. Eldora scales must be wrong,maybe they should use Scott's.

hygty
06-13-2015, 06:09 AM
you always check your car on tracks scales come on he can't be that stupid can he , i guess he can

chupp n bloomer fan
06-13-2015, 06:17 AM
you always check your car on tracks scales come on he can't be that stupid can he , i guess he canSays the dumbest guy on 4m.

Highside Hustler25
06-13-2015, 06:20 AM
Bloomer said when he got home he put on same fire suit, helmet, shoes weighed his car. An guess what, he made weight. Eldora scales must be wrong,maybe they should use Scott's.

You must of tucked Scott's sheets in at the Holiday Inn Express last night.

zyoung25
A friend that's a driver said he talked to other drivers up there through the years, and it seemed that the Eldora scales were always heavy compared to everyone else. We all should've seen this coming.

hygty
really now oh thats right Scott didn't have enough time and why did 70 plus drivers made weight

chupp n bloomer fan
06-13-2015, 06:23 AM
Bloomer said when he got home he put on same fire suit, helmet, shoes weighed his car. An guess what, he made weight. Eldora scales must be wrong,maybe they should use Scott's.And if this interview exists, it is not one of his finer moments. Be extra safe, and yes, check with your scales and the tracks to see if there is any difference. 25lbs is a lot of difference. And since you were the only one other than Shaffer I believe to not make weight, it's recalibration time for your scales. And be extra safe, because cutting it that close cost you 100k.

Kevinm022
06-13-2015, 06:27 AM
They ran there all week...being as smart as he is he didn't notice the difference? Seems like after time trials, practice, heats, features he would have a good idea what he needed to add to make feature weight

tiger1
06-13-2015, 06:27 AM
Just repeating the words that came out of his mouth!! Watch the interview!!!!

hygty
06-13-2015, 06:30 AM
was that after or before he had some of sponsors great product , Scot never admits he screwed up does he

chupp n bloomer fan
06-13-2015, 06:32 AM
Just repeating the words that came out of his mouth!! Watch the interview!!!!I don't have DoD, yes I know I should get it;). I believe you, just isn't one of his finer moments. You fuked up man, it cost you 100k, lesson learned.

tiger1
06-13-2015, 06:39 AM
I just can't understand why he finds an excuse for everything. He (team) messed up just say that. Quit making excuses.Every body messes up, just admit it.

zyoung25
06-13-2015, 07:11 AM
I just can't understand why he finds an excuse for everything. He (team) messed up just say that. Quit making excuses.Every body messes up, just admit it.

Not Bloomquist! Not now, not ever! It seemed like to me he was making it up as he went along in the interview. The man is one of the best, if not the best ever, there's nothing wrong with saying "I simply messed up". Even Jordan admitted his mistakes, I wish he would take after guys like that., I don't ever see that happening.

hygty
06-13-2015, 07:12 AM
on side note great race at Lee county last night now is the time to get DOD WITH summer nats video review every morning

tsand
06-13-2015, 07:16 AM

Why is Eldora scales wrong it seems to me Scott's scales are wrong. And besides his don't matter.

Nasty55
06-13-2015, 07:16 AM
on side note great race at Lee county last night

Jesse stovall has won for the 6th time out of the past 7 weeks they said on DoD ...... He is having a stellar year since getting that Black Diamond by stuckey that's for sure... I remember when Jesse started out in a modified and my buddy was telling me a story about him one day and it just came back to mind lol... Jesse had this modified chassis that they were running and it just wouldn't do anything no sidebite or forward bite and the car owner came to Jesse's Shop one day and Jesse had torn the thing apart from the doors back and cut the back clip off of the thing and said not take it and get it to where I can drive it lol....

WisWildManFan
06-13-2015, 07:24 AM
Still has no weak links in his program... Dang eldora scales lol. Classic, maybe when there's a track in moorseburg, tn we will use his scales!

george w
06-13-2015, 07:25 AM
Jesse stovall has won for the 6th time out of the past 7 weeks they said on DoD Zack... He is having a stellar year since getting that Black Diamond by stuckey that's for sure... my guess is he's chomping at the bit for the show-me rain date firing from the front row, aswell as the diamond nationals

hygty
06-13-2015, 07:28 AM
Gustin came to the top 5 Terry Phillips looked like was lost

Nasty55
06-13-2015, 07:30 AM
my guess is he's chomping at the bit for the show-me rain date firing from the front row, aswell as the diamond nationals

On I'm sure that he is George.. I met Jesse a few times in my travels and he is probably one of the nicest guys you could meet.. Very competitive

Nasty55
06-13-2015, 07:33 AM
Gustin came to the top 5 Terry Phillips looked like was lost

Yeah I seen where Ryan came from like 18th to finish 5th I dunno what the deal is with Phillips but I don't think he has ran good the past 3-4 times he has raced...

hygty
06-13-2015, 07:39 AM
switching back and forth from late to mod can't help either speaking of Phillips no disrespect to hime but he is not his daddy

george w
06-13-2015, 07:41 AM
switching back and forth from late to mod can't help either speaking of Phillips he's done it for YEARS and been just fine im sure thats not the issue.

hygty
06-13-2015, 07:50 AM
well it ain't working this year

george w
06-13-2015, 07:53 AM
well it ain't working this year Einstein eeehhh

hygty
06-13-2015, 07:58 AM
maybe he is getting his car scaled in mooresburg tenn lol

hygty
06-13-2015, 08:41 AM
and who does the setting up of both cars but i be the differ its not the driver I know a mod driver that almost every night out got in competive late model and could get out of his own way i know a 4 cyl champion get in a b mod and looked like a bad rookie

racecrazed
06-13-2015, 08:55 AM
switching back and forth from late to mod can't help either speaking of Phillips no disrespect to hime but he is not his daddy

I completely disagree. I think it makes for a better driver. Jason Montgomery drives late and mod at Portsmouth raceway park every sat and does great.... Devin gilpin just posted he has 20 feature wins so far this year. 15 in the mod and 5 in the late model which he just started driving this year. Ain't hurting that lil $hit I can tell ya that.

kidrock
06-13-2015, 09:05 AM
It only matters what your car scales out at the track the night of the race and not what it scales out at home the next day. Every other driver had to weigh under the same condition the night of the race and they made weight.

hygty
06-13-2015, 09:06 AM
each driver is different if you keep doing the same thing an fail that's insanity

Oley Wilkersen
06-13-2015, 09:06 AM
Says the dumbest guy on 4m.

Those are hard shoes to fill! Lol

You all can flip this thing over and around till your terds turn gold. The out come is not goings to change!!

hygty
06-13-2015, 09:11 AM
yep bloomer screwed up what cracks me up he blames the tracks scales but yet he went over the same scales and came up ok but when he went across the scales when it counted it didn't must be a conspiracy and oley the only think you can fill is your pants

Stan Donnit
06-13-2015, 09:11 AM
Oley :confused:, what is the gestation period for this egg that Bloomers laid at Eldoras...:confused::confused::confused:

Oley Wilkersen
06-13-2015, 09:18 AM
Oley , what is the gestation period for this egg that Bloomers laid at Eldoras...:confused::confused::confused:

You and litey can hash this one out between yourselves... You're mentality's are on the same level... :D

ClampedUp
06-13-2015, 09:19 AM
You can't tell me the top drivers in Lucas and WoO don't have a set of electronic scales in their hauler.
Even then you ALWAYS verify your weight on the tracks scales.

I don't know what the State law is in Ohio but here in PA if you are being paid by the results of a scale they have to be inspected, calibrated, and certified by the PA weights and measures department.
Years ago a late model driver at Lernerville Speedway won the feature and was DQ'd for being light on the scales. He took them to court and won because the above wasn't done.

Hollis
06-13-2015, 09:56 AM
Maybe by the time Caitlin got home there was some water retention. A little bloated huh ")

chupp n bloomer fan
06-13-2015, 10:02 AM
You can't tell me the top drivers in Lucas and WoO don't have a set of electronic scales in their hauler.
Even then you ALWAYS verify your weight on the tracks scales.

I don't know what the State law is in Ohio but here in PA if you are being paid by the results of a scale they have to be inspected, calibrated, and certified by the PA weights and measures department.
Years ago a late model driver at Lernerville Speedway won the feature and was DQ'd for being light on the scales. He took them to court and won because the above wasn't done.Not sure about the state law exactly, but every year our scales at the asphalt plant are tested and inspected.

Not sure about tracks, and either way, he's the only one to muff it when it counted, so time to look in the mirror and recalibrate scales.

chupp n bloomer fan
06-13-2015, 10:04 AM
Not Bloomquist! Not now, not ever! It seemed like to me he was making it up as he went along in the interview. The man is one of the best, if not the best ever, there's nothing wrong with saying "I simply messed up". Even Jordan admitted his mistakes, I wish he would take after guys like that., I don't ever see that happening.He has shocked me a few times lately though. Admitting to picking the wrong tire or not changing lines soon enough.

huskerdirt
06-13-2015, 11:02 AM

Phillips hasn't ran his mod in 5 weeks. Before that it was March when he raced them. That's not the issue.

He's struggled all year going all the way back to Arizona. He was just another car at a track he's had a lot of success at.

hygty
06-13-2015, 11:38 AM
kinda hard also when you only had 2 starts since then last weekend don't count he always struggles there

Stan Donnit
06-13-2015, 12:53 PM
You and litey can hash this one out...

You can't quit now...:confused:

Did you quit when the Mods booted you eighty six times...:confused:...NO YOU DID NOT...!

Now slather on that Bloomer Roid Cream and get back on that egg...:eek::p

CarolinaDirt
06-13-2015, 12:58 PM
The interview brings to reality incorrect scales fears that our Dream camping crew had when discussing the scales after the race. Whatever caused the scales to be off reset after Scott Bloomquist rolled off of them the second time. If Scott Bloomquist would have went around and gotten back in line for a second weighing he would have been fine making weight. Just having him back up back onto the scales didn't reset things to good with the problem being gone. When was the last time that Eldora Speedway's scales were certified as being correct?

ROFL , he won and made weight on those same scales Thursday night .

hygty
06-13-2015, 01:22 PM
details details

tsand
06-13-2015, 01:23 PM
ROFL , he won and made weight on those same scales Thursday night .

That's right and 80 cars times trails 6 heats 2 b mains 2 non races and only one car was light.

hygty
06-13-2015, 01:31 PM
actually 3 cars wendall wallace tim shaffer and the annointed one

JTB75
06-13-2015, 02:08 PM
[QUOTE=huskerdirt;1928100]Phillips hasn't ran his mod in 5 weeks. Before that it was March when he raced them. That's not the issue.He's struggled all year going all the way back to Arizona. He was just another car at a track he's had a lot of success at.[/QUOTEPhillips has no looked that great in a late model since he switched to Rockets, his last big win was the Lucas race at Batesville when he was running the Bloomquist cars, Maybe he can help bloomer replenish the $100g with a couple sweet bloomquist cars

cutman
06-13-2015, 05:08 PM
He has shocked me a few times lately though. Admitting to picking the wrong tire or not changing lines soon enough.

Every time he loses its because he picked wrong tire.

huskerdirt
06-13-2015, 05:15 PM
[QUOTE=huskerdirt;1928100]Phillips hasn't ran his mod in 5 weeks. Before that it was March when he raced them. That's not the issue.He's struggled all year going all the way back to Arizona. He was just another car at a track he's had a lot of success at.[/QUOTEPhillips has no looked that great in a late model since he switched to Rockets, his last big win was the Lucas race at Batesville when he was running the Bloomquist cars, Maybe he can help bloomer replenish the $100g with a couple sweet bloomquist cars

And before that topless win, what was his last big win in a late model????

While I agree he hasn't been really that dominate. He did have around 10 regional wins. This year he has definitely taken a step back..... He's barely in contention. Last year he was contender in almost every race (regionally) that he didn't win.

BTW....... He still has those Bloomer cars.

IZZOJR16
06-13-2015, 05:33 PM
speaking of DOD. anyone else having problems watching the latest videos from the past few days, or is just me?

Highside Hustler25
06-13-2015, 05:43 PM
speaking of DOD. anyone else having problems watching the latest videos from the past few days, or is just me?

yes and they better get er fixed

IZZOJR16
06-13-2015, 05:50 PM
yes and they better get er fixed TY SO MUCH.. thought I was going crazy trying to get it working. yeah I haven't been able to watch anything since Kankakee heat races.

Highside Hustler25
06-13-2015, 05:57 PM
TY SO MUCH.. thought I was going crazy trying to get it working. yeah I haven't been able to watch anything since Kankakee heat races.

sometimes it works, sometimes not. If it does work, it's only 1 video. Then it won't load if I try to watch a second 1.
Sometimes logging off helps.

Hoping it is just a temporary hitch. June and July are the 2 most important months for me so...

IZZOJR16
06-13-2015, 05:58 PM
I can watch the commercial but then for the actual video it says "video not found or access denied" in some type of hyper link.

Highside Hustler25
06-13-2015, 06:15 PM
I can watch the commercial but then for the actual video it says "video not found or access denied" in some type of hyper link.

ditto. same here.

COKEandaSMILE
06-13-2015, 08:10 PM
Haven't had a problem watching any dod videos.

The mlra at Lee county, I think it was, is a good one.

t3r3e3
06-13-2015, 08:54 PM

Seeing as how Phillips has years of experience running both successfully, I'd say that's a total reach on your part, and shows a lack of expertise. Then again, your expertise lies in tripping on sidewalks and filing flimsy lawsuits, not on driving either a late model or modified.

Nice try Lite Inn...

save the racers
06-13-2015, 09:54 PM
I can believe bloomer.The wind was blowing one night and we came up light,turned the car in to the wind and it was ok.Even if its not true, saying the scales are screwed is better than throwing a crew member under the bus.

hygty
06-14-2015, 12:46 AM
no problem had an issues this morning but back to normal of course running a un released operating system might have something to do with it

UMPDream
06-14-2015, 01:44 AM
The interview brings to reality incorrect scales fears that our Dream camping crew had when discussing the scales after the race. Whatever caused the scales to be off reset after Scott Bloomquist rolled off of them the second time. If Scott Bloomquist would have went around and gotten back in line for a second weighing he would have been fine making weight. Just having him back up back onto the scales didn't reset things to good with the problem being gone. When was the last time that Eldora Speedway's scales were certified as being correct?

Although this thread is all about bashing Scott for this mistake, that mistake, admitting this or that, I want ALL of you that own a set of digital scales to do 1 thing!! Make 1 tire 1/4" off the scale if you have platforms and take a look at your weights. Regardless of whether its Scott or anyone else, this needs some serious attention. I wasn't there so I didn't see for myself and maybe he truly messed up and forgot to add 25lbs of lead because I am sure he probably ended up with about 10 gallons of fuel but that 1/4" will guess what, be the 25lbs that was missing. Anyone notice him moving his front wheels left and right?? All the chassis, all the slight wheelbase and tracks differences and here we are trying to measure a dirt car on scale pads that are smaller than the tires themselves! How many techs does it take to read the board. How about take those nice flashlights and check to see if the tires are actually on the pads. For $98,000 you bet your last dollar, I would have gotten out of my car and made sure. If he messed up and forgot the lead so be it, but no way would I have rolled to my pit area if I knew I made weight. Like I said, with the scales even with the platforms, make the tire 1/4" and see what you get....

UMPDream
06-14-2015, 01:53 AM
& one more thing, Dale Mcdowell, 80lbs over? Blowing Smoke. Who in their right mind at ELDORA would want to be 80lbs over. Im not buying that one from a guy who I know is at the top of the thinking game!! Or was........

huskerdirt
06-14-2015, 02:26 AM
& one more thing, Dale Mcdowell, 80lbs over? Blowing Smoke. Who in their right mind at ELDORA would want to be 80lbs over. Im not buying that one from a guy who I know is at the top of the thinking game!! Or was........

He said it himself he was 80 pounds to the good. Hey chew on this.... Davenport was 50 pounds to the good.

If you didn't choke on that. Here's a clue to why guys were that much over. Only two brief cautions fell in the 100 lap feature. So you aren't gonna burn as much fuel.

The 100 lap Lucas race at Magnolia had 10 cautions...... Zero cars under weight. Now Magnolia is alittle bit smaller but I can almost guaranteed they burned more fuel off with all those caution laps than they did at Eldora.

McDowell is still on top of his game. Didn't he just win the Dream last year??? Oh that's right he did.

D. Tidrow
06-14-2015, 02:44 AM
He said it himself he was 80 pounds to the good. Hey chew on this.... Davenport was 50 pounds to the good.If you didn't choke on that. Here's a clue to why guys were that much over. Only two brief cautions fell in the 100 lap feature. So you aren't gonna burn as much fuel.The 100 lap Lucas race at Magnolia had 10 cautions...... Zero cars under weight. Now Magnolia is alittle bit smaller but I can almost guaranteed they burned more fuel off with all those caution laps than they did at Eldora.McDowell is still on top of his game. Didn't he just win the Dream last year??? Oh that's right he did.Mother (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)er he didn't say (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) what you said, you lying ass bitch.

D. Tidrow
06-14-2015, 02:46 AM
Mother (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)er he didn't say (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) what you said, you lying ass bitch.Husker sometimes I like you then your intelligence goes in the toilet

huskerdirt
06-14-2015, 02:48 AM
Mother (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)er he didn't say (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) what you said, you lying ass bitch.

Now grab your ankles...... So I can shove this up your ass. You uptight motherfuker.

huskerdirt
06-14-2015, 03:05 AM
Husker sometimes I like you then your intelligence goes in the toilet

D Tidrow..... Sometimes I like you. Actually..... I've never liked you.

huskerdirt
06-14-2015, 03:07 AM
And *crickets* from D Tidrow.....

Lol and lol some morris!!!!!!!

hygty
06-14-2015, 10:22 AM
JD asked bloomer how do like that azz kicking last night

hygty
06-14-2015, 10:27 AM
He said it himself he was 80 pounds to the good. Hey chew on this.... Davenport was 50 pounds to the good.If you didn't choke on that. Here's a clue to why guys were that much over. Only two brief cautions fell in the 100 lap feature. So you aren't gonna burn as much fuel.The 100 lap Lucas race at Magnolia had 10 cautions...... Zero cars under weight. Now Magnolia is alittle bit smaller but I can almost guaranteed they burned more fuel off with all those caution laps than they did at Eldora.McDowell is still on top of his game. Didn't he just win the Dream last year??? Oh that's right he did.nice post but don't live in the past and remember the mag was a lucas race and they have the fuel burnoff allowance UMP doesn't play that game

Oley Wilkersen
06-14-2015, 10:34 AM
Mother (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)er he didn't say (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) what you said, you lying ass bitch.

Man!!!! I'm sure glad my head ain't feeling like it'll EXPLODE this mornin'!!! :D

huskerdirt
06-14-2015, 11:04 AM
nice post but don't live in the past and remember the mag was a lucas race and they have the fuel burnoff allowance UMP doesn't play that game

Which is another reason why cars were heavier than normal.

hygty
06-14-2015, 11:23 AM
it is normal under wrg rules been like since UMP'S inception

Clayton_Wetter
06-14-2015, 02:16 PM
Says the dumbest guy on 4m.

Yep, his brain does not make weight!!! :) DQ'ed for having a LITE brain!!!

Oley Wilkersen
06-14-2015, 02:21 PM
Yep, his brain does not make weight!!! :) DQ'ed for having a LITE brain!!!

Yeah, but he makes up for the loss of weight from the lips down with all the chili cheese dogs, and cotton candy!! :cool:

hygty
06-14-2015, 03:19 PM
what do you candy azzes know about anything

lazyifoto
06-14-2015, 03:42 PM
I was told that he is experimenting with helium in his tires and this is what caused the car to seem light even though it weighs the same...man is that guy tricky or what?

hygty
06-14-2015, 03:45 PM
lmao good one

Oley Wilkersen
06-14-2015, 04:23 PM
lmao good one

He was actually being serious lagyhitty. I heard the same thing this morning from a reliable source. You really have to go beyond dod, it can't tell you everything ya know?

lazyifoto
06-14-2015, 04:26 PM
I was told that he is experimenting with helium in his tires and this is what caused the car to seem light even though it weighs the same...man is that guy tricky or what?

fryefan
06-14-2015, 09:42 PM

Does he really expect anyone to buy that garbage that he is trying to sell. What a lame excuse.

fryefan
06-14-2015, 09:44 PM
It only matters what your car scales out at the track the night of the race and not what it scales out at home the next day. Every other driver had to weigh under the same condition the night of the race and they made weight.

And that is all that matters.

fryefan
06-14-2015, 09:47 PM

Do you honestly believe this? WOW.

hygty
06-14-2015, 09:50 PM
really now I know someone is full of hot air though just saying

Kwd1253
06-14-2015, 09:59 PM
Where did you hear this? From Litey??? :Dold Scott knows how to troll and make people believe it lol

hygty
06-14-2015, 10:10 PM
nope he's full of it just like you

hygty
06-14-2015, 10:22 PM
poor thing on the govt dole no some of us have to work

hygty
06-14-2015, 10:23 PM
you better get your facts straight

hygty
06-15-2015, 06:00 AM
Get back on dod and learn the things we all have known for quite a while now, then come on here with it so we have more to laugh at lol... :pno mention of sycamore on dod imagine that

RoundNrOUND
06-15-2015, 07:42 AM
Ok I haven't read the posts in this thread other than the first couple, so if I'm repeating someone I apologize. Here's the deal, do you race? If you do then you'll know there's going to be about 15lbs of dirt laying on the floor of the rig under the car when you get home. How did you simulate that Scott and be accurate about how much weight laying on the floor. I know you read this, you messed up and you are to proud to admit it. You being the way you are almost makes it all funny.