PDA

View Full Version : Closest Track & Series to NE Georgia for Dirt Mods

SuperEight
06-13-2015, 05:24 PM
I'm not in the Mod world but they interest me and I was hoping someone could help me out. Where is the closest track to Shinnston, WV that runs mods and are there any series that run down my way? Thanks

hygty
06-14-2015, 11:40 AM
http://www.racingin.com/Track/trackmaps.aspx

SuperEight
07-16-2015, 07:10 PM
http://www.racingin.com/Track/trackmaps.aspx

Thanks for the link, but a nationwide track map doesn't help me find where UMP/IMCA style mods actually run. Anybody else have any input? I found some in parts of North Carolina...

W2Racing09
07-19-2015, 08:23 PM
I'm not in the Mod world but they interest me and I was hoping someone could help me out. Where is the closest track to NE Georgia that runs mods and are there any series that run down my way? I'm on the GA/SC border. Thanks

I know the RoD (Renegades of Dirt) had races in GA (Screven) early this season. I'm not sure if any tracks in GA are running mods regularly but I do know that tracks in FL run them quite frequently as do a large group of tracks in NC (Clary's, County Line, Dublin, Fayetteville and Carolina for sure). I also think some tracks in TN run them, but I think they are on the Western side of the state.

Thanks,
Jeff.

SuperEight
07-20-2015, 10:13 AM
I know the RoD (Renegades of Dirt) had races in GA (Screven) early this season. I'm not sure if any tracks in GA are running mods regularly but I do know that tracks in FL run them quite frequently as do a large group of tracks in NC (Clary's, County Line, Dublin, Fayetteville and Carolina for sure). I also think some tracks in TN run them, but I think they are on the Western side of the state.

Thanks,
Jeff.

Thanks Jeff,

That pretty much lines up with what I've found looking around on my own. A few years back they tried them at Modoc but only drew 3-4 cars regularly and that was 2007/2008. Some reason they just haven't caught on real good in GA and SC.

W2Racing09
07-20-2015, 01:04 PM
Thanks Jeff,

That pretty much lines up with what I've found looking around on my own. A few years back they tried them at Modoc but only drew 3-4 cars regularly and that was 2007/2008. Some reason they just haven't caught on real good in GA and SC.

Yeah, it is unfortunate because they provide some of the best racing anywhere. I'm a big fan of Late Models but I am just as likely to travel a distance to see a great Modified race too. If you get a chance to see them in Florida early in the season I would recommend that. They get a whole bunch of the big name drivers to go up there.

Thanks,
Jeff.