PDA

View Full Version : T-mac

NY DIRT
06-19-2015, 02:19 PM
My favorite driver.

Zero wins in Late Model
Zero wins in Modified

Time for a change. Would like to see him in a Longhorn. Look what it has done for Chub Frank

The WOO is in NY and Canada. If T-MAC can not win at home, I look for a chassis change for next season...

What do you think fans???

bleedblue55
06-19-2015, 02:31 PM
So how is the Longhorn supposed to remedy the 0 wins modified stat? He didn't win very much in his years in a Warrior either. I'm a big Tim fan but have to admit he's been very inconsistent for quite a few years lately.

george w
06-19-2015, 03:34 PM
You could see him progressing in the warrior though towards the end ..... it seems to me last year or so anytime he puts i good run together and you think he might start building momentum he cant back it up the following week or race . Im a huge fan of his and its hard for me to see him struggle like he has ....... best victory/post race celebration is seeing him climb out the car fired up in my opinion hope he gets back to those days .

Barbecueboy
06-19-2015, 03:47 PM
So how is the Longhorn supposed to remedy the 0 wins modified stat? He didn't win very much in his years in a Warrior either. I'm a big Tim fan but have to admit he's been very inconsistent for quite a few years lately.

Longhorn does play a pretty big role in a certain modified chassis, just not a big block mod chassis.

Tim's fairly recent boyish young looks have given way to a much more grizzled and haggard appearance .............looks like what ever is going on has taken a toll on him the past few years.

And I'm a big tmac fan, so I say it out of concern.......

Would be nice to see a breath a fresh air breathed back into his program..........maybe a chassis or team change would do just that.

T-MAC39FAN
06-19-2015, 04:58 PM
A longhorn chassis would do him much needed improvement. Its tough for him as hes on a tight budget.I was suprized when he switched from a warrior as I thought he had somthing figured out to his liking.

Great driver nice personality just cant seem to get it going in the right direction. I wish him the best of luck and it would be great to see him back running consistantly.

I dont understand the modified as vinny salerno has top notch equiptment but they seem to be missing set up or tires there.

mccreadiefan39
06-19-2015, 06:32 PM
Tight budget? LOL (It's June 19th and they have already had 3 new cars this year)

Rocket Chassis as a whole is behind right now

As for the modified deal the 4* team switched to a new chassis design (HigFab) this year and Tim has never run it so there will be growing pains.

NY DIRT
06-19-2015, 06:51 PM
Tight budget? LOL (It's June 19th and they have already had 3 new cars this year)

As for the modified deal the 4* team switched to a new chassis design (HigFab) this year and Tim has never run it so there will be growing pains.

Glad to see your input. I consider you the authority on T-MAC on this forum
So whats your gut feeling. Will he or wont he leave Rocket again?

Also Vinnie should have never changed design of his new modified. Timmy was winning in the old car and was FAST everywhere they went.

Also I live in Webster

T-MAC39FAN
06-19-2015, 06:58 PM

Im tlkn bout tight budget for complete yr so if they had to spend more than anticpated then it makes it harder.

Kwd1253
06-19-2015, 07:00 PM
I think he would do better in a longhorn or black dimond personally.

T-MAC39FAN
06-19-2015, 07:01 PM
I didnt know they changed mod chassis. What was the reasoning for that?

mccreadiefan39
06-19-2015, 07:37 PM
I didnt know they changed mod chassis. What was the reasoning for that?

Car owner is very good friends with the new chassis builder (Jerry Higbie)

mccreadiefan39
06-19-2015, 07:42 PM
Glad to see your input. I consider you the authority on T-MAC on this forum
So whats your gut feeling. Will he or wont he leave Rocket again?

Also Vinnie should have never changed design of his new modified. Timmy was winning in the old car and was FAST everywhere they went.

Also I live in Webster

Don't see Tim switching from Rocket again, Richards tests a lot and Timmy will be using Weedsport as their so called "test track". Is Rocket behind right now, yes but it won't be for long.

I agree on Vinnie switching was not a good idea, I feel you want to develop a chassis you need to race it 3-4 times a week not 3-4 times a month like Tim's schedule allows.

Barbecueboy
06-19-2015, 07:45 PM
Has tmac ever run a non big block mod?

Would like to see him run against the stricklers, Hoffmanns and all the other renegade modified smash pedals.........I'll bet that would be something to see.

Josh Bayko
06-19-2015, 07:57 PM
Has tmac ever run a non big block mod?

Would like to see him run against the stricklers, Hoffmanns and all the other renegade modified smash pedals.........I'll bet that would be something to see.

They don't run those kinda mods up where Tim is from. A few tracks run IMCA rules, but the nearest Renegade rules mods are down in southwestern NY and northwestern PA.

As for the original topic, I think the last thing Tim needs is another chassis change. He should stick with the Rocket and test and tweak and they'll figure it out. As for him looking rough, he had his first kid not that long ago and that'll age you a bunch. I speak from experience on that one.

grt74
06-19-2015, 08:35 PM
[QUOTE=NY DIRT;1929962]My favorite driver.

Zero wins in Late Model
Zero wins in Modified

Time for a change. Would like to see him in a Longhorn. Look what it has done for Chub Frank

The WOO is in NY and Canada. If T-MAC can not win at home, I look for a chassis change for next season...

What do you think fans???[/QUOTE

if i remember correctly,he was running up front in a warrior and winning some,then he got back in the rockets and everyone thought he was going to set the world on fire,i don't think a chassis change will help as much as someone with some setup knowledge would, i just think they have fallen a little behind and rocket(josh)doesn't have the answers for him because he's playing catch up too after the time off,they will get it figured out again its going to take some time and testing,

Barbecueboy
06-19-2015, 09:21 PM
They don't run those kinda mods up where Tim is from. A few tracks run IMCA rules, but the nearest Renegade rules mods are down in southwestern NY and northwestern PA.

As for the original topic, I think the last thing Tim needs is another chassis change. He should stick with the Rocket and test and tweak and they'll figure it out. As for him looking rough, he had his first kid not that long ago and that'll age you a bunch. I speak from experience on that one.

I know that, the reason I asked was that there are multiple opportunities for him to jump in one if he wanted too at some places he is already at( volusia,Tyler county etc.)

He would be exciting in one of those , and with his experience in the bbm,dlm,midget etc. I would think he would catch on very quickly.

With his vast experience in the rocket, should there really be a need for that much testing and tuning???

Roger that on the kids........I'm a grandfather of two

T-MAC39FAN
06-19-2015, 09:40 PM
Don't see Tim switching from Rocket again, Richards tests a lot and Timmy will be using Weedsport as their so called "test track". Is Rocket behind right now, yes but it won't be for long.

I agree on Vinnie switching was not a good idea, I feel you want to develop a chassis you need to race it 3-4 times a week not 3-4 times a month like Tim's schedule allows.

Good luck testing those rockets

we'll see how that goes

Josh Bayko
06-19-2015, 09:48 PM
I know that, the reason I asked was that there are multiple opportunities for him to jump in one if he wanted too at some places he is already at( volusia,Tyler county etc.)

He would be exciting in one of those , and with his experience in the bbm,dlm,midget etc. I would think he would catch on very quickly.

With his vast experience in the rocket, should there really be a need for that much testing and tuning???

Roger that on the kids........I'm a grandfather of two

The setups that he was running in Rockets when he ran them before the Warrior (and brief Victory Circle) change were wildly different from what they are now. That's how fast this sport changes. What worked when he used to run Rockets before doesn't anymore. You also have to remember that his crew chief wrenched on Barry Wrights the last few years, too, so he's a little out of the loop on Rocket stuff too.

Barbecueboy
06-19-2015, 10:32 PM
The setups that he was running in Rockets when he ran them before the Warrior (and brief Victory Circle) change were wildly different from what they are now. That's how fast this sport changes. What worked when he used to run Rockets before doesn't anymore. You also have to remember that his crew chief wrenched on Barry Wrights the last few years, too, so he's a little out of the loop on Rocket stuff too.

I hope that's all it is and they get back to form...........somehow though, I think it runs a little deeper than just not being up to speed on the rocket set up.

Anyway, hope your right.......but I'll bet his performance would improve immediately in something a little more relevant in the speed and drive ability department.

DestinyUnbound
06-20-2015, 01:03 AM
Timmay! is just fine. He won the PDC last year and the USA Nationals the year before. We're not even close to crown jewels' season. Let us let things play out here a bit. A lot of racing left. He will be the favorite in the August Crown jewels. Really hope he shows up at Florence again this year for the n/s... He's going to win that one of these years.

Barbecueboy
06-20-2015, 09:30 AM
Good...........because I am a tmac fan.

Glad he dumped the boat number though.

Josh Bayko
06-20-2015, 09:35 AM
Good...........because I am a tmac fan.

Glad he dumped the boat number though.

I thought the boat number on the car looked like crap too, but I can get behind the reason they went with that design.

Also, T-Mac is usually very good at Lernerville. I have a feeling this topic might seem a little silly after next weekend.

chupp n bloomer fan
06-20-2015, 10:21 AM
TMac will pull it together. He's at least 40 now, with a kid, still traveling up and down the road.

I'm a huge fan of his and when his Dad raced. Hope he gets back to his old self in the Rocket. It's what he has run the best in, I'd just go with it. Test and communicate and tweak with Josh and whoever else.