PDA

View Full Version : Bounty on Davenport.

The BIGDOG
06-20-2015, 09:58 AM
It is about time Lucas put a bounty out on Davenport. Either more money to start from the tail or add money for anybody and can beat him.

chupp n bloomer fan
06-20-2015, 10:10 AM
It is about time Lucas put a bounty out on Davenport. Either more money to start from the tail or add money for anybody and can beat him.It's Lucas Oil, no need for a bounty. This isn't Cherokee Speedway for a regular night. Them guys are trying all they can to beat him, and are on par with him as far as talent and equipment. He just has everything clicking on all 8 right now. They'll catch up eventually.

Josh Bayko
06-20-2015, 10:13 AM
Bounties can be fun at weekly tracks, but on a national tour, no effing way.

george w
06-20-2015, 10:17 AM
As a fan I like the idea but heres why i dont see it happening, it'd be to risky for Davenport to start at the tail not saying he couldn't win by any means but that piece is waaaay to good to risk getting cought up in someone elses mess and getting wadded up . Also that first place check at the end of the year aint nothing to play with. Lucas isn't having problems getting cars or a full field either.

chupp n bloomer fan
06-20-2015, 10:23 AM
As a fan I like the idea but heres why i dont see it happening, it'd be to risky for Davenport to start at the tail not saying he couldn't win by any means but that piece is waaaay to good to risk getting cought up in someone elses mess and getting wadded up . Also that first place check at the end of the year aint nothing to play with. Lucas isn't having problems getting cars or a full field either.Exactly. And it's a national tour, no place for bounties there. Wether it's strictly to beat him or him start at tail and pull it off.

b1eagle
06-20-2015, 12:10 PM
The only drivers that could beat him are racing him each race.

Rollover
06-20-2015, 12:24 PM
nobody stays on top very long, he will get beat soon

Dirtlatemodel
06-20-2015, 02:05 PM
He's been on top longer than most, just ride the wave while it lasts. He sure is FUN to watch!

Dirtlatemodel
06-20-2015, 02:09 PM
It's a VERY IMPRESSIVE RUN considering the level of competition he's faces at every race!

IZZOJR16
06-20-2015, 02:11 PM
It's a VERY IMPRESSIVE RUN considering the level of competition he's faces at every race! greatest ever

CarolinaDirt
06-20-2015, 02:58 PM
It is about time Lucas put a bounty out on Davenport. Either more money to start from the tail or add money for anybody and can beat him.

When Jonathan Davenport was running locally at Tri-County Racetrack in Brasstown NC , the Tennessee Thunder Series visited . They had a challenge all year to pay anyone who would start from the rear and win $10,000 . No one had taken the challenge all season . The announcer came to the front row like they did every race and asked the two front row drivers if they would give up there spot and head to the tail . They stuck the microphone in Jd's car and with out batting an eye he said " Lets do it " cranked the car before the announcer could say another word then headed to the tail of the field .

He came from 24th to 2nd twice , flat tire sent him back to the rear the first time , broken wheel ended his night . One of the greatest shows I have ever seen .

He ain't scared to come from the tail .

Barbecueboy
06-20-2015, 05:38 PM
It's Lucas Oil, no need for a bounty. This isn't Cherokee Speedway for a regular night. Them guys are trying all they can to beat him, and are on par with him as far as talent and equipment. He just has everything clicking on all 8 right now. They'll catch up eventually.

On par??? ..............I would say more like on bogey against them right now.

Fore!!!!!!

plunks7
06-20-2015, 05:54 PM
Bounty just sounds wrong in a sport that drives you to winning!!!

Barbecueboy
06-20-2015, 07:31 PM
When he finally loses a couple people are going to,call him a flash in the pan or all washed up...........it will be hillarious.

Kwd1253
06-20-2015, 07:41 PM
well I don't think it's far to do bounty at every track. but they could do it one his favorite tracks:(not a nice word)Toccoa (GA) Speedway & East Alabama Motor Speedway but lucas not running at neither tracks. but maybe if he still having this amazing run all they why to DTWC. then they can do daveports bounty 25k or 50k/bonus. bonus ranging 5-10k 1.) 5-10k for best qualifying time over davenport in groups...2.) 5-10k best heat time or 5-10k davenport heat bounty, at your own risk enter heat don't matter who wants race in it but only two or three transfer to the feature. 3.) 5-10k the best time put in the feature "that would make everyone race a lil harder in the beginning of the race. 4.) Davenport bounty 25k, if davenport starts at the tail. 50k if davenport starts in front. 5.)after feature race over and daveport won, he goes to weigh in and goes back on track. the driver that was hard charger or the driver who was putting up better times than davenport in the last 10 laps goes back on track. davenport nor the other driver can do no kind of work on car "no messing with tires,no add fuel, nothing at all!" they have to race as the finished. They have 10 lap heads up shoot out. if driver beats davenport they get 20k.... if no one can beat davenport dounty/bonus 1-5, daveport get a 50k bonus... maybe my bounty and bonus to high.. hell why not who ever the point leader is at the DTWC "point leader bounty/bonus" maybe I just went full retard with this lol.

IZZOJR16
06-20-2015, 08:00 PM
Bounty??? LOL............. Its not 1965 anymore

Kwd1253
06-20-2015, 08:04 PM
maybe they should bring back some of the 1965 stuff

DestinyUnbound
06-20-2015, 10:54 PM
I'd like to put out a personal bounty on the head of Tim McCracken tonight. He's the coach and chief punk on that dam team and who takes him out. I'm placing a hundred dollar bounty on his heat. Now, you can come on down to the War Memorial and see this play out tomorrow night at 7

plunks7
06-20-2015, 11:14 PM
I'd like to put out a personal bounty on the head of Tim McCracken tonight. He's the coach and chief punk on that dam team and who takes him out. I'm placing a hundred dollar bounty on his heat. Now, you can come on down to the War Memorial and see this play out tomorrow night at 7

He ain't playing tonight. He's suspended!!! LOL

IceCowart
06-21-2015, 12:38 AM
Broke a brake line taking time tonight. Started dead last in heat drove to 3rd started 11th and ran 3rd by a finder of 2nd. Had there been a yellow hands down bad fast.

chupp n bloomer fan
06-21-2015, 10:22 AM
On par??? ..............I would say more like on bogey against them right now.

Fore!!!!!!And they are on par, their equipment and talent is just as good as his. They, as I said, have it all clicking just right right now. It's not a knock on Davenport, they are on it, but it's not like the other guys are running junk. They are just in sync right now, in the zone per se.

Barbecueboy
06-21-2015, 11:08 AM
At some point , JD will finally get the credit he deserves for being just a little bit better and more daring than most....

As for the longhorns being a lot better right now............one only needs to look at most any results page.

JD is not and has not been the only longhorn driver on the podium lately , he isn't driving all the longhorns that are winning.

And other people running junk??? Was never even remotely eluded too, was it???

chupp n bloomer fan
06-21-2015, 02:12 PM
At some point , JD will finally get the credit he deserves for being just a little bit better and more daring than most....

As for the longhorns being a lot better right now............one only needs to look at most any results page.

JD is not and has not been the only longhorn driver on the podium lately , he isn't driving all the longhorns that are winning.

And other people running junk??? Was never even remotely eluded too, was it???I've never deep throated Bloomer and I'm not going to deep throat JD either. Leave it to you guys. It's their job to win, it's why they race.

What I meant by junk, is like I've said three times now, they all have great equipment, he's not running against a bunch of back markers. Their equipment and talents are equal to his. Him and his team are just on it right now, like Lanigan was last year. He and his team deserve all the credit in the world, but not sure what we're supposed to do. Strippers? Parade? Parties?

You give credit where credit is do, and that's that. They are on their game, not knocking him or Kevin or LeeRoy, or Labonte for that matter. All this stuff goes in cycles, so no reason to call him or anyone else the be all end all of dirt late model racing.

Barbecueboy
06-21-2015, 04:04 PM
Sorry , just having a hard time believing that they all are in such parody with talent and equipment right now.

They are just a lethal combination of talent............and if they weren't better and weren't in better equipment , being on their game wouldn't mean squat.

We've disagreed before, won't be the last time.....