PDA

View Full Version : Supermans win streak

T-MAC39FAN
06-20-2015, 09:56 PM
Looks like randy weaver has ended supermans win streak. I guess the streak continues for longhorn chassis!

Nasty55
06-20-2015, 10:03 PM
Looks like randy weaver has ended supermans win streak. I guess the streak continues for longhorn chassis!

It couldn't have been ended by a classier guy or another more humble guy than Randy Weaver.. Congratulations to Randy and crew for their win tonight and congratulations to longhorn on their continued dominance in DLM racing.....

hustler t4
06-20-2015, 10:08 PM
Congrats to Weaver, but a stellar performance the last few weeks by Superman!

B_K
06-20-2015, 10:13 PM
Congrats to Randy. A little redemption from the WoO heat controversy from earlier in the year.

Davenports streak you don't see every season. It was quite the run for sure.

T-MAC39FAN
06-20-2015, 10:30 PM
Although the streak has ended the wins will continue this yr.

B_K
06-20-2015, 10:32 PM
I'm sure. He heading to Lernerville to take care of that unfinished business?

T-MAC39FAN
06-20-2015, 10:37 PM

Im not sure if hes headed that way although his schedule say june 26/27 is tba so im thinking he might.

Josh Bayko
06-20-2015, 10:39 PM

He was very fast last year. I'd imagine he's probably coming back this year.

Kwd1253
06-20-2015, 10:54 PM
randy might got his mojo back and took davenport mojo tonight :O

zyoung25
06-20-2015, 11:14 PM
The things I've read from people at the track have said. He was faster than the front 2, just needed a caution. Can't win'em all, he isn't done I don't think.

plunks7
06-20-2015, 11:18 PM
The things I've read from people at the track have said. He was faster than the front 2, just needed a caution. Can't win'em all, he isn't done I don't think.

Not by along shot. He had a problem tonight. He couldn't get his head into the helmet. LOL

shagger
06-20-2015, 11:41 PM
Congrats to Randy. A little redemption from the WoO heat controversy from earlier in the year.Davenports streak you don't see every season. It was quite the run for sure.I was at smokey mountain that night and it was a joke. Woo set out that night to make sure weaver's streak was going to end. If you could watch the video of the start of weaver's heat and josh richard's heat the only difference between the start was the color of their cars. Exactly the same start. Weaver's heat restarted and he is penalized and josh's heat keeps rolling.

B_K
06-20-2015, 11:42 PM
He did start 11th and drive to within .062 seconds of Bloomquisit for second in a race with two cautions. The second of which was on lap 6.

IceCowart
06-21-2015, 12:41 AM
Broke a brake line taking time mama said there would be days like that. But still drove the wheels off it left it on the track.

hucktyson
06-21-2015, 07:46 AM
Since he is now
The single greatest to ever wear a fire suit what kind of money is he making ??! According to this board he is now Bloomquist , schatz , kinser , lyendyke , force , senna , Schumaker and Moyer added together and multiplied by 50..... Schumaker alone made around a billion dollars in a race car so I
Can't imagine the kind of money superman is pulling in .... It's
Widely acknowledged that Kevin rumley is one of if not THE smartest guy in the pits. Bobby Labonte owns the chassis company that rumley works for so they have connections to NASCAR testing / data acquisition techniques ... And people are acting like davenport is beating the Lucas guys in a 1997 lead car bullet . I'm not saying that he's not VERY good but holy fukk Kevin rumley deserves a massive amount of credit for his current success. I wonder how
Many of the people who make these stupid comments have ever driven a car that was working really well and then one that didnt to
See how much the car actually does ....

Nasty55
06-21-2015, 08:26 AM
Since he is now
The single greatest to ever wear a fire suit what kind of money is he making ??! According to this board he is now Bloomquist , schatz , kinser , lyendyke , force , senna , Schumaker and Moyer added together and multiplied by 50..... Schumaker alone made around a billion dollars in a race car so I
Widely acknowledged that Kevin rumley is one of if not THE smartest guy in the pits. Bobby Labonte owns the chassis company that rumley works for so they have connections to NASCAR testing / data acquisition techniques ... And people are acting like davenport is beating the Lucas guys in a 1997 lead car bullet . I'm not saying that he's not VERY good but holy fukk Kevin rumley deserves a massive amount of credit for his current success. I wonder how
Many of the people who make these stupid comments have ever driven a car that was working really well and then one that didnt to

And he isn't doing it with his car sitting in his garage on jackstands there like you uber goober!! When you start doing the things that the Rumleys and JD are doing then you might be able to get on here ol huckster and tell us how we feel or what our opinions should or shouldn't be but until then deck builder boy why don't you just sit back and stfu!!

nuff said
06-21-2015, 08:26 AM
Yeah,he can't drive,the car drives itself.Ain't that right huck ?

hucktyson
06-21-2015, 08:35 AM
Why didn't he win 10 in a row last year ? Why did he take provisionals to make shows in the Boyer ride ? I said the dude is very good but you clowns aren't giving the credit where it deserves to be

hucktyson
06-21-2015, 08:37 AM
I understand you would all give your left NUTT to rusty trombone the man but calling him the best there ever was after a 2 month winning steak is over the top absurd

GA-DIRT
06-21-2015, 08:55 AM
Since he is now
Widely acknowledged that Kevin rumley is one of if not THE smartest guy in the pits. Bobby Labonte owns the chassis company that rumley works for so they have connections to NASCAR testing / data acquisition techniques ... And people are acting like davenport is beating the Lucas guys in a 1997 lead car bullet . I'm not saying that he's not VERY good but holy fukk Kevin rumley deserves a massive amount of credit for his current success. I wonder howlet
Let me say this,them that can,can .an them can't !!!! Go JD Horns Up!!!

t3r3e3
06-21-2015, 09:23 AM
Since he is now

In F1 it is largely about the car. Ayrton Senna, widely considered the best talent of the last few generations, couldn't win much after he left the Mclaren Marlboro team. Schumacher hasn't won diddly since he left Ferrari. Fernando Alonso rarely wins in the current Ferrari, even though he's judged by many to be the best raw talent today. In F1, you had to be on the Red Bull team a few years ago, or the Mercedes team now to run up front. Put Lewis Hamilton in a Toro Rosso ride and he isn't dominating.

However, dirt racing isn't F1. There are many competitive top tier teams, and track experience at various tracks is huge. Kevin Rumley deserves a ton of credit for the team's success, as does Lee Roy for building those bullets. Kevin has undoubtedly brought a ton of handling and setup know how to the operation, and they've likely hit on some new stuff that is giving them their current edge. In the end though, you have to have a wheelman to get everything out of the car. The Rumleys have one of the current best. It's not like the Rumleys could just slap anyone in the seat and get the results they've gotten.

NY DIRT
06-21-2015, 09:34 AM
I understand you would all give your left NUTT to rusty trombone the man but calling him the best there ever was after a 2 month winning steak is over the top absurd

I hear a lot of people saying that the winning streak might be the best there ever was but I never heard ANYBODY on this forum call Superman the best driver there ever was.

Show me a quote on this forum saying that JD is the best driver there ever was...

Barbecueboy
06-21-2015, 11:32 AM
I hear a lot of people saying that the winning streak might be the best there ever was but I never heard ANYBODY on this forum call Superman the best driver there ever was.

Show me a quote on this forum saying that JD is the best driver there ever was...

He can't and he won't ...........it's not there and was never said.

Hucky been sniffing too much wood glue.

davis2902
06-21-2015, 12:50 PM
In F1 it is largely about the car. Ayrton Senna, widely considered the best talent of the last few generations, couldn't win much after he left the Mclaren Marlboro team. Schumacher hasn't won diddly since he left Ferrari. Fernando Alonso rarely wins in the current Ferrari, even though he's judged by many to be the best raw talent today. In F1, you had to be on the Red Bull team a few years ago, or the Mercedes team now to run up front. Put Lewis Hamilton in a Toro Rosso ride and he isn't dominating.

However, dirt racing isn't F1. There are many competitive top tier teams, and track experience at various tracks is huge. Kevin Rumley deserves a ton of credit for the team's success, as does Lee Roy for building those bullets. Kevin has undoubtedly brought a ton of handling and setup know how to the operation, and they've likely hit on some new stuff that is giving them their current edge. In the end though, you have to have a wheelman to get everything out of the car. The Rumleys have one of the current best. It's not like the Rumleys could just slap anyone in the seat and get the results they've gotten.

You have no clue about F1. Aryton Senna is the best driver ever to drive an F1 car. His talent always showed when they raced in the rain, no one was even close and in his early days he was in less than superior equipment!

Necrosis
06-21-2015, 02:14 PM
And Schumacher hasn't raced much besides a wheelchair lately...

B_K
06-21-2015, 03:23 PM
Hucks car is in the safest possible spot for everyone. To say you've "driven" one is a stretch. I'll give you mashed the gas and hoped for the best, but that's as high as I'm going.

B_K
06-21-2015, 03:25 PM
And Schumacher hasn't raced much besides a wheelchair lately...

Classy.....

Clayton_Wetter
06-21-2015, 03:43 PM
There has only been one real Superman ever!!!

http://leesaylor.com/GR4-webpage.jpg

t3r3e3
06-24-2015, 10:50 PM
You have no clue about F1. Aryton Senna is the best driver ever to drive an F1 car. His talent always showed when they raced in the rain, no one was even close and in his early days he was in less than superior equipment!

I've been watching F1 since Senna was in the John Player Special, so um, yes, I have a clue about F1. Senna has a seat at the table, but to automatically say he was better than the other greats of the sport, including Jackie Stewart, Juan Manuel Fangio, Schumacher, etc... Is easily debatable. A once in a generation talent? Yep. Best ever? Others have more wins, more championship, etc..., so it's debatable.

You totally whiffed on my point about the car. Senna was no better than 4th or 3rd in the driver's championship running the Lotus JP Special. Did he win races? Yep. Was he the dominant car, even with his driving talent? Nope, although he showed immense promise. Senna then moved to the McLaren, forced out Prost, and won 3 driving championships while dominating the sport. What did Senna win with Williams after leaving the Marlboro McLaren team? Nothing. That car was uncompetitive, and ended with Senna's death at Imola. The driver, even one of Senna's talent, couldn't overcome the poor engineering of the Williams.

Engineering reigns supreme in F1. Sure, rain is the great equalizer, but on a dry track, the team with the best engineers and the newest wrinkle dominates. Drivers can't make up the difference. Look no further than the Red Bull cars of a few years ago, or the Mercedes of today. Vettell and Red Bull owned F1 a few years back. Look now with a different rules package. Vettel is a 3rd to 5th place car, and now the Mercedes cars of Hamilton and Rosberg dominate. Why? Because their engineers have exploited the current rules package the best.

Think a bit more before you go keyboard commando...

Barbecueboy
06-25-2015, 10:06 AM
I've been watching F1 since Senna was in the John Player Special, so um, yes, I have a clue about F1. Senna has a seat at the table, but to automatically say he was better than the other greats of the sport, including Jackie Stewart, Juan Manuel Fangio, Schumacher, etc... Is easily debatable. A once in a generation talent? Yep. Best ever? Others have more wins, more championship, etc..., so it's debatable.

You totally whiffed on my point about the car. Senna was no better than 4th or 3rd in the driver's championship running the Lotus JP Special. Did he win races? Yep. Was he the dominant car, even with his driving talent? Nope, although he showed immense promise. Senna then moved to the McLaren, forced out Prost, and won 3 driving championships while dominating the sport. What did Senna win with Williams after leaving the Marlboro McLaren team? Nothing. That car was uncompetitive, and ended with Senna's death at Imola. The driver, even one of Senna's talent, couldn't overcome the poor engineering of the Williams.

Engineering reigns supreme in F1. Sure, rain is the great equalizer, but on a dry track, the team with the best engineers and the newest wrinkle dominates. Drivers can't make up the difference. Look no further than the Red Bull cars of a few years ago, or the Mercedes of today. Vettell and Red Bull owned F1 a few years back. Look now with a different rules package. Vettel is a 3rd to 5th place car, and now the Mercedes cars of Hamilton and Rosberg dominate. Why? Because their engineers have exploited the current rules package the best.

Think a bit more before you go keyboard commando...

Dam tater, you done and went fangio on him...........most people in North America have no idea who he even is.

Awesome...........