PDA

View Full Version : Chris Ferguson is Jonathan Davenport.........

B_K
06-20-2015, 10:10 PM
From 2-3 years ago.

And I say this with the utmost respect for his talent. He's a quick time machine who wins some. Given the resources and time to season and develop, the skies the limit.

You're seeing the changing of the guard starting right now in this sport.

zyoung25
06-20-2015, 10:12 PM
Just think.....what was it a year or two ago he was just about to walk away for good? I don't get to see him race much. But I like seeing guys like him run well.

B_K
06-20-2015, 10:18 PM
Yeah I think it's tough on some of the younger guys to know they're better than 75% of the guys in the "good rides" or with the better sponsors. Having to do it yourself or scraping together whatever help you can find gets tiring. Luckily he was able to continue. He's far to talented to hang it up.

If Francis were to leave the 15, that search should last one phone call if he would want it.

nuff said
06-20-2015, 10:23 PM
He is much more patient and not near as hard on equipment as Davenport was at this stage of his career.

B_K
06-20-2015, 10:25 PM
He is much more patient and not near as hard on equipment as Davenport was at this stage of his career.

Completely agree. Their styles are not what I'm comparing. You can just tell when somebody is on the cusp, and he's sitting exactly where Davenport was a couple of years ago.

george w
06-20-2015, 10:42 PM
He is much more patient and not near as hard on equipment as Davenport was at this stage of his career. never really crossed my mind till you brought it up but hard for me not to agree with that.

b1eagle
06-21-2015, 08:04 AM
Chris is nicest driver in the pits,I can't say the same for JD.

drano
06-21-2015, 08:31 AM

True very very true.

Pennsboro23
06-21-2015, 10:11 AM

JD has always been very friendly every time I have been around him. Answers with yes sir, or yes mam.

Barbecueboy
06-21-2015, 11:23 AM
True very very true.

Everybody is different......they are both actually very friendly.

I've know Chris and his team for quite a while..........they are very good people that have worked very hard for this.

Glad they are reaping the rewards right now.

drano
06-21-2015, 11:41 AM
Everybody is different......they are both actually very friendly.

I've know Chris and his team for quite a while..........they are very good people that have worked very hard for this.

Glad they are reaping the rewards right now.

Agreed been around Chris and his family quite a bit myself you wont meet any nicer and hard working ppl in racing hope them much continued success.

B_K
06-21-2015, 01:48 PM
I guess the point is over some heads.

I'm not talking about driving styles, personalities, families, or any of that.

I'm talking about the pinnacle, talent, and reaching your potential. Davenport finally has, and Fergy is primed to.

As for the rest, that's not my point.

NormP
06-21-2015, 01:54 PM
Yeah I think it's tough on some of the younger guys to know they're better than 75% of the guys in the "good rides" or with the better sponsors. Having to do it yourself or scraping together whatever help you can find gets tiring. Luckily he was able to continue. He's far to talented to hang it up.

If Francis were to leave the 15, that search should last one phone call if he would want it.

And then his progress would stop, and he'd end up like Francis and Davenport did in that ride.

drano
06-21-2015, 02:06 PM
Got your point B-K guess got a little side tracked and I do agree with what you said sorry.

B_K
06-21-2015, 02:38 PM
Got your point B-K guess got a little side tracked and I do agree with what you said sorry.

Not aimed at you or anyone really. It's cool.

I see your point on the CBR ride, but it's a progression from regional to national. From there you get a lot more doors opened. The 15 ride has been lacking no doubt. That team did win the Lucas oil title last year though.