PDA

View Full Version : Confused

longrun
06-23-2015, 02:56 PM
Does anyone know why cars won't come to SOS. great track, as good or better payout than any other tracks, pay what they say. Can't understand what's wrong. I guess drivers like slow dry race tracks, where they only run half throttle. unlike SOS.

plunks7
06-23-2015, 02:59 PM
D A M N and I thought you were calling for me. With that headline. Sorry to interrupt. :)

Kwd1253
06-23-2015, 06:24 PM
im confused to...is that southern oklahoma speedway or southern oregon speedway or southern Ohio speedway?

Josh Bayko
06-23-2015, 07:06 PM
There ain't enough cars to support all the tracks. Nowadays, a track has to have a very solid reputation. Being that the track was dormant for a long time, it's going to take a while to build the reputation back up.

71PRPFan
06-23-2015, 07:23 PM
21 total cars pulled in the week before last and they sent them home. I love the track but I don't think it'll ever come back to life

zyoung25
06-23-2015, 08:13 PM
IMO It has a lot to do with back when the track first opened. Drivers came and they never really knew what type of surface they were going to get. One week it would be great the next week it was horribly rough and they were breaking stuff. I wouldn't want to go somewhere and not know what you will end up racing on. All the other tracks in the area are for the most part pretty consistent on what they're like on a weekly basis.

I remember sitting in traffic on that ol county road the first night they opened for about an hour before I go to park. That place was absolutely slammed with people.