PDA

View Full Version : 2005 GRT with 604 questions

BrandonGRT07
06-24-2015, 03:52 AM
I got a 2005 grt chassis with the raised crossmember,car has a 604 crate and I posted this on the crate section with so far no replies..I'm having trouble with car getting over on right side to go through corner..I have rocked car up and has helped a lot..but when I do set ride heights by get when after I scale car always seems to lay more to driver side and here lately I seen other cars more up on drover side and more lower on passenger side before going out on track..what can I do about setting car up to be more over passenger side..like I said rocking it up helpedy car get through corner more when I raised up driver side..I got for springs is lf-500 rf-350 lr 200 and 225 RR..shocks are twin tube pros lf-5/5 rf-4/6 lr-6/2 rr-4/4..scale percentages are 53.2 left and 54 rear with 15 gallons to start..85lbs of bite..any help be appreciated..car seems to not wanting to get over and roll thru corner

Matt49
06-24-2015, 08:27 AM
I got a 2005 grt chassis with the raised crossmember,car has a 604 crate and I posted this on the crate section with so far no replies..I'm having trouble with car getting over on right side to go through corner..I have rocked car up and has helped a lot..but when I do set ride heights by get when after I scale car always seems to lay more to driver side and here lately I seen other cars more up on drover side and more lower on passenger side before going out on track..what can I do about setting car up to be more over passenger side..like I said rocking it up helpedy car get through corner more when I raised up driver side..I got for springs is lf-500 rf-350 lr 200 and 225 RR..shocks are twin tube pros lf-5/5 rf-4/6 lr-6/2 rr-4/4..scale percentages are 53.2 left and 54 rear with 15 gallons to start..85lbs of bite..any help be appreciated..car seems to not wanting to get over and roll thru corner

What poor handling symptom are you trying to resolve? Are you loose all the way through the corner? Also post your bar positions including j-bar.

BrandonGRT07
06-24-2015, 12:19 PM
On bottom of corner car gets in real good and rolls over good and takes good set all the way through,hugs bottom really good and handles great but the line is not in the bottom mostly in the top..when I go through top it doesn't want to get over like it does in bottom and has a push coming off corner..I got all the 4 bars in neutral settings but for the left bottom is up 2 holes from neutral and that helped a lot on the throttle push but as exiting wants to wash up track coming off and having to let off to wait on it..j bar on pinion is 2 notches up from bottom and it has the grt slider..slider is up from bottom square tube up to bottom of slider 8 3/8 and I believe its in the 3rd notch up..thanx

PushinTheLimit
06-24-2015, 01:19 PM
Just at first glance, I would think about moving more weight to the left and take some out of the rear.

7uptruckracer
06-24-2015, 01:49 PM
Get some good shocks!

hatchet
06-24-2015, 02:42 PM
Lower the bite down to 35 lb. ,less rear 53.5 , lndex right top bar down on birdcage one hole . Hot laps move both right side bars up on frame one hole . She will turn . Have to free the car up . Not enough motor to do that . We run a 07 grt with a crate in the south . Shorter stop and go tracks we pull the rr forward 3/8 inch . and a 200 rr . Fix the handling then worry about the attitude . It will come with handling .

BrandonGRT07
06-24-2015, 04:57 PM
OK thanks a lot! I didn't know to run that low of bite..as far as j bar what would be a good starting point?? This track is a high bank momentum track ran mostly up high in corners

hatchet
06-25-2015, 02:24 PM
Sometimes we would dewedge (bite in right rear not the left) when the track is real heavy and going to stay that way all night .Like winter and early spring . Move your lr bottom rod back to standard hole to take rear steer out want need all of that . With the right rear adjustments it will make the rr tire drive and turn the car . Panhand bar at pinion center with drive shaft ,on the frame with grt bracket 3rd hole up . This will make the car turn going into the corner . We used to rock the left side up when the track went slick and lost traction (sidebite and forward ) . Take 4 rounds out of the rf and put 6 to 8 rounds in the lr . This tilts the car . Right front is down and the left rear is up . This gets the 4bars and the panhand bar a head start on the angles and attitude you need . If you race at the same track this will give time to make adjustments each week and find what you and the car like . Hope i put this in the right words to understand . If not pm me and i will try to help further .

BrandonGRT07
06-25-2015, 08:04 PM
I sure do appreciate the help! As far as a crate motor being light u think I'm OK with the 350 rf or should I go lower? Thanks again

JJ128
06-26-2015, 10:24 AM
Raise the motor 1".

hatchet
06-26-2015, 02:34 PM
Our car and the drive didnt like a 325 rf . JJ128 is right on to . Put washers under motor mounts . Another thing is do you trail brake . If you dont learn to as you go into the corner roll on to the brake peddle and roll off the gas just a little . Dont dump the gas .That will make the car slam down . Trail braking keeps the rf loaded and the car on the bars . You will have to adjust the brake bias to you and the cars liking . If it is a long sweeping track 3 wheel brakes will help when the track is heavy and has a lot of traction .

BrandonGRT07
06-27-2015, 08:47 AM
About how many turns would I need to run the left front brake bias??I never really done trail braking I don't think..I always roll out of gas and set the car with the brake..I always seem to always run my bias all the way to rear...don't know if that's something I'm doing wrong but it does set the car quicker..could be wrong..Im up for any help..what would u recommend on bias? Thanks again

hatchet
06-27-2015, 01:05 PM
Hot laps about 80% to 90 % rear on 3 wheel brakes . Heat might be 60% to 70% rear might still be on 3 wheel brakes might switch to 4 wheel . Main 50 % to 60% rear on 4 wheel brakes . Think about it this way as the track looses grip you want to keep the car under you . If the tires loose grip you are loose and sliding across the track . Make changes to the car also as the track changes . Less rear steer , add gas for rear% , tilt the car . The track changes every time another class goes out so watch it close and change your car and driving style . If the track dont take rubber you should end up driving it like asphalt . Keep good notes .

BrandonGRT07
06-27-2015, 05:16 PM
OK thanks a lot I will try this..I may be sliding the car way to much like u said losing grip especially in main race

rakracing
06-27-2015, 09:45 PM
Brandon, what kind of chassis do you have overrail or under, and what size track and how much banking

BrandonGRT07
06-27-2015, 10:00 PM
Its a under rail..umm track is 1/3 mile d shape but 3 and 4 corners is sharp..kinda reminds me of Darlington lol..banking umm not sure exactly,banked kinda high..note of a high groove track well momentum type

rakracing
06-28-2015, 10:16 AM
check your pm