PDA

View Full Version : Masterbilt Gen X Spindles

Kevin20ump
06-25-2015, 12:36 PM
Thank you for the help. Cant find delete button

Matt49
06-25-2015, 07:56 PM
Not all of the spindles you're talking about are for the same car. The "old style" spindles and the S7 spindles were for the smack down car. The old style I think were 6 degrees. The S7 were 7 degree and required different right side control arm lengths. The S7 front end was far superior (in my opinion) to the old style smack down stuff.
The Gen-X is a completely different car with a completely different front end geometry. I thought (but I could be wrong) that the standard Gen-X spindles were 9 degrees. There is also a set of "crate" Gen-X spindles with the difference being a lower snout on the left side and longer steering arm on the right side.
I'm sure others can provide additional information but this is what I know of.

MasterSbilt_Racer
06-26-2015, 01:07 PM
Not all of the spindles you're talking about are for the same car. The "old style" spindles and the S7 spindles were for the smack down car. The old style I think were 6 degrees. The S7 were 7 degree and required different right side control arm lengths. The S7 front end was far superior (in my opinion) to the old style smack down stuff.
The Gen-X is a completely different car with a completely different front end geometry. I thought (but I could be wrong) that the standard Gen-X spindles were 9 degrees. There is also a set of "crate" Gen-X spindles with the difference being a lower snout on the left side and longer steering arm on the right side.
I'm sure others can provide additional information but this is what I know of.
I was under the understanding that the current crate spindle and current open spindle are both different than the original gen x spindle.

Matt49
06-26-2015, 03:37 PM
I was under the understanding that the current crate spindle and current open spindle are both different than the original gen x spindle.

Hmm...I'll have to check on that. If there are 2 different open spindles Keith hasn't tried to sell me one of them yet :-) I do have a set of the crate spindles but we haven't tried them yet. Trying to many other things at the moment.

hall99
06-26-2015, 03:41 PM
LoL Matt49 - Keith will sell you something before you realize it! Good people though.