PDA

View Full Version : 3 link car to tight

racing_kid
06-26-2015, 10:55 AM
Im having to drive the car and force it to get loose. If I upset it by bouncing the left front over the tires buried on the inside of the track it works. Pull bar is centered annd has a progressive spring mounted 3 in ahead of centerline 20 in long.springs are lf 750 rf 700 lr 200 in front rr 200 behind shocks are lf 5-3 rf 3-7 lr 8-2 behind rr 4 in front. I have 80 pounds of bite and 1.5 in of trail in rr metric car with nova lowers rear bars are 14.5 l and 16 r lr has 20 degrees and rr has 13 degrees. When the track is wet i can back it in and from center off Im turning left and in the slick its just tight everywhere and if i snap the tires loose to get it to turn i have no drive off. would lowering my front springs help any? J bar in below pinion and has 6.5 in of rake. I will get the % when I get home

washeduptoo
06-26-2015, 01:08 PM
What rr off set? I would try to swap front springs if see if that would help, raising jbar on pinion would help also. Best of luck

hatchet
06-26-2015, 02:45 PM
Could the 1.5 rr lead be pushing the car up the track . That sure is a lot of lead . You would think that would make the car loose ,but if you go to far i think it would make it walk sideways so you have to chase it with the front end up the track . ? ? ?

racing_kid
06-26-2015, 04:35 PM
3 offs on all 4 corners. I will try taking rake out and if that dont work go to the front springs. Should I swap them or just go down on lf? Car had 2.5 trail and it was deffinitly driving up the track so I put a half in it and it wouldnt turn so I just went in the middle. Im trying to free it up enough to get back to a normal amount. Woyld lowering lr bar help any? Ive left it alone for the rear steer when its hiked up but starting to think it might be making it to tight and then loosing drive

washeduptoo
06-26-2015, 06:14 PM
If you have a lower wt lf spring, give that a shot, if not just swap. More stagger might help or put a spacer on rr, several things you can try for tight entry. Best of luck.

racing_kid
06-26-2015, 08:30 PM
Ok thank you. We are off this week. And trying to get ahead for next week will give the results here.

Sportmod21b
06-26-2015, 09:58 PM
I would look at what the chassis is doing with the lr spring mount ahead and rr behind. When you pick up the gas the lr indexes into the lr spring and away from rr making it really tight setup. I would mount the rr spring on top and soften the lr or move it to back or top also so pull bar don't affect wheel rate.

racing_kid
06-27-2015, 08:33 AM
Rf has about 1 inch of travel Left. Shocks are not bent. It rolls over on right side good. I will get it set up for the on top rr option.

racing_kid
07-06-2015, 08:13 AM
I moved the rr spring on top of the housing and it helped a bunch. Before the feature I dropped the lr bar down a hole to lose some instant traction and the car was almost there. After back to back cautions car went way to tight threw the center. so im thinking rrbar up a hole l. Also I have decent drive off but lose it. Should I go lower on lr or move pull bar down on frame?