PDA

View Full Version : Diamond of the dirt tracks

tpr
06-30-2015, 07:12 AM
Anybody else think pit pass prices and concessions getting out of hand at this track. Been to other ten thousand to win shows and a pit pass is thirty to thirty-five not forty and the car count was thirty not seventy . I can understand charging more if you get fewer people . If your a millionaire and you love the sport lets show it to the people who put on your show .

zeroracing
06-30-2015, 11:06 AM
I know why promotors all raise the pit pass price but I never have agreed with it. They do it to make more money, and many make the claim well you get to see a special or more racing... That's typically not true, you spend most the time working on a car to put on a show. Also if pit passes were the same as gate ticket you would only see a small bump in pit attendance because most fans don't realize it is an option.

Now as far as Lucas charging $30-$35 for a pit pass, again see above on my feelings about any track but at least for your $ at the diamond you get a great space and a good track. My complaint comes with other tracks around us charging $35 for a pit space in a mud hole, almost no pit lights or speakers, poor quality racing surface that is full of tree roots or broken bottles, somehow they can claim it's worth the same as a pit stall at the diamond, for only a $2,000 to win show.

A ron
06-30-2015, 01:03 PM
Must be the same everywhere. I'm 32 but just starting out racing crates, even though I know this isn't a sport for poor people. Money is tight. I've been buying two $35 pit passes, plus $10 to $100 for entry fee just to ride around in the back and get track time. One race this year, I bought 2 pit passes and $100 entry fee ($170 total should've gone home but after driving 2 hours I wanted to get some laps) got to run hot laps, qualifying, and a heat race. No b-main. $170 bucks to make 14 laps. Got $0 back. I've since learned to be picky about when to show up. Last week I bought 2 pit passes and $10 entry fee ($80 total). I got to run the feature, ran 15th out of 23 crates and got $50. These are local shows, not Lucas, WOO, etc. Looks like they could give a free pass per car or something.

powerslide
06-30-2015, 01:47 PM
A ron more and more people are having to be smart that way. It doesn't come as easy as it did at one time and its way more expensive now.

Matt49
06-30-2015, 01:56 PM
$35 for a pit pass is crazy unless you're talking about that covering your front and back gate. Even at that, it's $30 for front and back gate at our local track.
$100 entry fee is also crazy. Hell, that's what the entry fee is to a Lucas Oil show and you're guaranteed that back as long as you take the green for B-main.
We pay a $10 entry fee for Indiana Late Model Series (it's a crate series) races and that money goes toward the points fund. I don't know of any tracks that charge an entry fee in this area even for special shows unless Lucas Oil is in town and that isn't up to the track.

25drtrkr
06-30-2015, 02:56 PM
Wow...you guys are getting hosed! Down here in the South, for a local show, pit passes are $25-30 for $1000-1500 to win, no entry fee. Limited LM Series- $3000 to win, $30-35 pit pass, $225 entry fee and you get that back for finishing last.

A ron
06-30-2015, 03:07 PM
I'm in Central Mississippi. There's a weekly Friday night track that's almost as close that's usually only 25 for a pit pass and 10 for entry but it's also very tight and narrow. With me just starting out and still a good bit off the pace, that would spell disaster.

PushinTheLimit
06-30-2015, 04:32 PM
The UCRA series just for the crates are all $2500 to win, $200 to start with $100 entry fee and $25 to rent their transponder. They do run a non-qualifiers race if there are more than 35 cars that show up and that pays $175 to win it. It has averaged good car counts so far in the first 6 races.