PDA

View Full Version : Ricky Weiss Enjoys Hat Trick Weekend

Ben Shelton
06-30-2015, 02:52 PM
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
June 30th, 2015

Ricky Weiss Enjoys Hat Trick Weekend

Headingly, Manitoba, Canada (06/30/15) – Ricky Weiss raced his Derrick’s Sandblasting #7 Bloomquist Chassis/Pro Power Racing Engine Late Model to a hat trick of wins over the weekend. The Canadian driver bagged three triumphs in Northern Late Model Racing Association (NLRA) competition.

Returning to Norman County Raceway (Ada, Minnesota), Ricky Weiss captured a Northern Late Model Racing Association (NLRA) victory on Wednesday evening on night one of the two day event. In a field of twenty-two entries Ricky followed up his heat win by passing fast qualifier Matt Aukland on lap 4 of 25 to record his fourteenth career win with the NLRA Series. Ousting Don Shaw, Mike Balcaen, Matt Aukland and Cole Schill, Weiss picked up his ninth win on the season.

The following night kept Ricky at Norman County Raceway (Ada, Minnesota) for another night of action with the NLRA. With a larger field of twenty-five entries, Weiss followed up his quick time in qualifying and a heat race victory with his tenth victory of the 2015 season. Ricky Weiss captured a $1,100 paycheck with Dustin Strand, Zach Johnson, Steffen Snare and Donny Schatz completing the top five.

On Friday night Weiss traveled to I-94 Speedway (Fergus Falls, Minnesota) looking to extend his NLRA win streak to three. Competing with thirty-one other Late Models, Ricky landed a heat race win, transferring him into the feature event. Starting on the pole position for the feature, Weiss continued his red-hot streak scoring a $2,000 payday. Inheriting the lead on lap 15, Ricky went on to register his eleventh win of the season over Lance Matthees, Eric Breeschoten, Mike Balcaen, and Dustin Strand.

Saturday night’s scheduled event at Viking Speedway (Alexandria, Minnesota) fell victim to rain.

For more results from these events, please visit www.NLRA.org.

The upcoming weekend, July 2nd-3rd will see Weiss competing in a pair of events. Thursday night, June 2nd will take Weiss to the familiar confines of Red River Co-Op Speedway (Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada) for an NLRA event, while a Weekly Racing Series Event will be held at I-94 Speedway (Fergus Falls, Minnesota) on Friday evening. For more information on the events, please visit www.RedRiverCoOpSpeedway.com and www.I94Speedways.com .

Ricky Weiss would like to thank his marketing partners and sponsors including Derrick's Sandblasting. A.I.E. Bell Mobility, Hands On Excavating Inc., Forest Flying Services, Keewaitn Truck Service, J&C Trucking, Cousins Farms, Turk Enterprises, Eibach Springs, Metalz In Motion, Wulff Pumps, New Vision Graphics, Vic Hill Racing Engines, Schaeffer Oil, and MSRMafia.com Marketing Services.

For more information on Ricky Weiss please visit his website at www.WeissRacing7.com .