PDA

View Full Version : Jesse Stovall on fire

hyde
07-05-2015, 08:20 AM
Stovall sweeps the MLRA weekend at Salina OK. Takes home $8k for both nights. He now has 12 DLM wins this season and is your Pole sitter when the Showme100 picks back up Sunday evening at Lucas oil Speedway! All twelve wins have been in a Black Diamond. Anyone think he can win the Showme100 ?

dirt33
07-05-2015, 10:20 AM
I have eagerly been awaiting the Wheatland double header. I will not be shocked at all to see Stovall get a win. I don't know Jesse at all, but he comes across as a great guy in Trenton Berry's MLRA Quick Hit videos.

Edit, I just went to MLRA site and watched Friday night's recap video. Stovall thanks his crew guys and supporters for being there, "when they could be out on the lake." He definitely seems like a humble and appreciative guy.

I highly recommend watching the recap MLRA videos if you are a fan of the series or its drivers. Trenton Berry does a great job interviewing the drivers.

george w
07-05-2015, 11:25 AM
This may come off as a strong statement to some, but it wouldn't surpise me in the least bit way if he breaks out the broom for the diamond/show-me weekend. Does he need most breaks to fall his way to do it, sure he does but the guy is on fire right now has found a balance with his car that he's takin to and has just as many laps at that place as anyone else . Like you dirt33 since they announced this weekend an i realized it was do-able with my work schedule I've been chomping at the bit to see how its gonna shake out at first i wondered if he could keep the momentum in his corner heading into this coming weekend or have his horse in one piece but he has done all of that an built on it along the way . Also in a interview a month back he mentioned he had another black daimond chassis on order.....either way i know he'll hang it out best of luck to him .

gigi21
07-05-2015, 08:24 PM
He ant racing no body hell any one can win in that bull crap

SHOE32
07-05-2015, 08:41 PM
Yeah,Chad Simpson and ryan gustin are nobody's.There ain't to many guys out there,gonna beat Chad that many times in a row.

huskerdirt
07-05-2015, 08:51 PM
He ant racing no body hell any one can win in that bull crap

He just beat Moyer and EPJ last weekend. Guess they are nobodies.

Stovall is white hot right now..... The next two weekends will be huge measuring sticks. I'd say he has a great shot at winning one of those three races. He's ridiculous good at Lucas.

MUD MAESTRO
07-05-2015, 09:38 PM
like what the MLRA, MARS and sometimes Corn Belt Clash are doing........cooperating with each other to co sanction races. The car count are usually good which is fan friendly. Would like to see stronger purses since many of these races are co or tri sanctioned. All in all, a good strong regional series that keeps branching out.

SHOE32
07-05-2015, 09:56 PM
Yeah,I've been to a few of them,and the shows are excellent.Great for regionals guys to run.I agree,wish they were at least 5000 to win,mud maestro.But saying your beating nobody's is just dumb.

Flathead
07-05-2015, 10:20 PM
It's good to see Jesse having a year like he is having and I hope his hot streak continues at Wheatland. I personally like it when a guys like him have success at big races it gets old seeing the same guys win all the big races. I've watched Terry Phillips and Bill Frye win the majority of races in this area for years and it's nice to me to see some new faces winning around here. Stovall, Simpson, Gustin, Jackson, etc.

Scott Boesel
07-05-2015, 11:15 PM
I hope he comes to I-80 for silver Dollar natls i dont understand why he goes to all the other I-80 races but always seems to skip the big one

huskerdirt
07-05-2015, 11:19 PM
I hope he comes to I-80 for silver Dollar natls i dont understand why he goes to all the other I-80 races but always seems to skip the big one

He was there last year and he will be there this year... One of his sponsors is an SDN sponsor.

fryefan
07-06-2015, 02:31 AM

Twice, in the last 2 years, he has pulled up there only to have motor problems that shortened his weekends.

rayburnracer18
07-06-2015, 04:00 AM
He ant racing no body hell any one can win in that bull crap dumb comments like this just cry out "give me some attention"

gigi21
07-06-2015, 09:27 AM
dumb comments like this just cry out "give me some attention"No attention need hear just mop free country as of right now lol

huskerdirt
07-06-2015, 11:42 AM
No attention need hear just mop free country as of right now lol

If it is your opinion that anyone can win in that bull crap....... Then why don't you just bring a car up and try it out yourself.

Bubstr
07-06-2015, 11:55 AM
I wouldn't say Stoval is going to win every race he runs, but he can be a contender anywhere, just like any other quality race team. There is serious competition in the MLRA CBC MARS.

I think all us fans just don't give the credit deserved to other regional drivers, whether it be midwest, south, southwest, east or central, just because they don't run a national tour, but when the national tours go to their house, they get darned hard to beat.

Birky15Bfan
07-06-2015, 05:09 PM
The race at Corning was $5,000 to win.

25drtrkr
07-06-2015, 05:23 PM
If it is your opinion that anyone can win in that bull crap....... Then why don't you just bring a car up and try it out yourself.

You gotta remember Husker, gigi21 is the "point guard" for Supermans ball team! Jd had a bad weekend, and now he aint happy!

kazual
07-06-2015, 08:06 PM
Like nothing better than to see Stovall pull off a win, either night. When he blew around Bloomer and O'Neal last year on the top side in the early stages of the Show Me I thought the place would explode. The touring guys are experienced at tire and equipment management for longer lap events, that's not easy to overcome. Good luck to him, always neat to see a regional guy give the national guys a thumping but doesn't happen often. JD and Moyer both looked good in the Friday night heat races over Memorial Day. That was several weeks ago; different track conditions, race team programs ebb and flow, should be interesting.

chupp n bloomer fan
07-06-2015, 08:10 PM
You gotta remember Husker, gigi21 is the "point guard" for Supermans ball team! Jd had a bad weekend, and now he aint happy!Ball team or balls team?;)

25drtrkr
07-06-2015, 08:50 PM
Ball team or balls team?;)

A point guard is generally the "best ball handler" on the team!

You know how some of those Supermans fans are!

zyoung25
07-06-2015, 08:58 PM
A point guard is generally the "best ball handler" on the team!

You know how some of those Supermans fans are!

The worst JD fans still aren't near as bad as some Bloomquist or Boggs fans I've seen over the years.

25drtrkr
07-06-2015, 09:24 PM
The worst JD fans still aren't near as bad as some Bloomquist or Boggs fans I've seen over the years.

There was a few of his fans comparing him to Bloomquist recently. He's got a LONG way to go before that happens. We'll see if he recovers from last week. Sometimes a little tweak to a chassis is all it takes to lose some of its potency!

zyoung25
07-06-2015, 09:27 PM
He's no Bloomquist.....however that car was mangled. I'm sure they were actually happy the 201 race got cancelled.