PDA

View Full Version : Website or a post that really explains how Late models work

VenomRacing323
07-05-2015, 07:16 PM
Not new to late models by no means but I do have a couple friends that go with me who keep asking loads of questions about how they work on corner entry and lots of questions about roll centers and frontend geometry and of course I get them up to speed but I feel like personally theirs a lot that I might leave out so my question is does anyone know of a good website or a post that could really explain to them how a car works from front to rear? Thanks.

Dirtmod13
07-06-2015, 09:45 AM
https://www.hyperracing.com/pages/tech_department/chassis_setup/rethink_dirtadvanced_theory.aspxThis is a good one. I read this over and over

Matt49
07-06-2015, 04:09 PM
You're not going to find a lot of people giving out a complete dirt late model setup "bible" for free. As far as free information goes, to be quite honest, this site is about the best you're going to find but it's obviously all over the place and you need to comb through hundreds if not thousands of posts.
There is a pretty good book out there called "Dirt Late Model Chassis Technology" by Joe Garrison (GRT chassis). It is a bit dated but does a pretty good job of covering the basics. There are some things in it that are actually a little backwards when it comes to today's setups (pinned RF) but it gets most of it right.
The best thing a guy can do to learn is get to a good seminar like RaceWise. Pricey but well worth it if you really want to learn. It comes with a book but the book won't be worth much to you if you didn't attend the class to follow along and take supplementary notes.