PDA

View Full Version : NASCAR WoW

Cardirt0
07-06-2015, 02:04 AM
That had to be the Wildest Crash At the Line on the last lap Ever........

fryefan
07-06-2015, 02:23 AM
That had to be the Wildest Crash At the Line on the last lap Ever........

Thank god everyone is okay. That was a wild wreck.

Nasty55
07-06-2015, 04:52 AM
Thank god everyone is okay. That was a wild wreck.

Nascar doesn't care they are all about the almighty dollar... Austin Dillon is lucky to be alive this morning and the injured fans are lucky to be alive as well.. Good job nascar for not postponing this race until today!!

ride height
07-06-2015, 07:53 AM
2:30 am. There was nobody in the stands. How ridiculous. I gave up on TV and fell asleep. Restrictor plates will eventually kill someone. They all got lucky last nite. The catch fence engineers deserve a bonus.

Baddboy1
07-06-2015, 08:04 AM
There was lots of empty seats when the camera would show the stands. people had to be at work today.Great job caving in to the Television crew. Going dirt racing enjoy.

zyoung25
07-06-2015, 08:13 AM
2:30 am. There was nobody in the stands. How ridiculous. I gave up on TV and fell asleep. Restrictor plates will eventually kill someone. They all got lucky last nite. The catch fence engineers deserve a bonus.

For whatever reason they get a hard on for this style of racing. IF it would ever happen multiple cars get airborne like that, it will not be a good day. They have got to get away from pack racing, or its going to get a driver or fans killed.

DoubleZero
07-06-2015, 08:17 AM
NASCAR's hell-bent 'plate mentality is headed for the ultimate tragedy; the catch fence can't keep the car(s) out of the stands, forever. Then, the talking heads will go ballistic..........and EVERY form of racing will be branded and affected. Track-insurance will sky-rocket.

kidrock
07-06-2015, 08:25 AM
I haven't seen the crash because NASCAR caved to big corporate and scheduled the race for Sunday night instaed of the traditional Saturday night and by the time they started the race last night it was bed time for me.

As far as the pack racing the fans are the ones that did kind of create the pack racing because they liked the close racing so, NASCAR made sure we still have this kind of racing racing which in my view is really kind of boring. All they do is ride around for 3 1/2 hours following one another then they race the last 20 laps. And your right someone is going to get killed because of this type of racing one day and it will change every type of racing. NASCAR like UMP needs to some new leadership to rite these ships before they sink even further.

Jeep_55_Wormer
07-06-2015, 08:35 AM
The stands in the tri-oval are not open yet, that's why they were empty. It was almost a sell out crowd. The only seats that were available were in Turn 4 and Turn 1.

MUD MAESTRO
07-06-2015, 09:01 AM
Glad Dillion walked away, hope none of the fans in the stands were seriously injured.........What happened to NASCAR ? The brand is rapidly deteriorating and I wouldn't buy a ticket to see that product. Just too much of the same....cookie cutter races, cookie cutter cars and media darling drivers. Think I'll stay a dirt racing snob.

TTS_JF
07-06-2015, 10:12 AM
Glad Dillon is alright, scary wreck for sure.

plunks7
07-06-2015, 12:16 PM
Glad he is okay. But he really needs to get rid of that ridiculous (girl like) wave.

huskerdirt
07-06-2015, 12:22 PM
Glad he is okay. But he really needs to get rid of that ridiculous (girl like) wave.

Ever heard of Lane Frost?

plunks7
07-06-2015, 12:34 PM
Ever heard of Lane Frost?

Yes I have. I just couldn't remember the name. He is no Lane Frost. Far from it. And don't steal anybody else's trade mark. LOL

huskerdirt
07-06-2015, 12:44 PM
Yes I have. I just couldn't remember the name. He is no Lane Frost. Far from it. And don't steal anybody else's trade mark. LOL

First it cowboy hats..... Then a dead bull riders signature wave. I bet that boy don't even know what a Skoal ring is.

See ya next week!!

Nasty55
07-06-2015, 12:55 PM
First it cowboy hats..... Then a dead bull riders signature wave. I bet that boy don't even know what a Skoal ring is.

See ya next week!!

The sad part is that the kid probably had no clue how he was waving to the crowd... And most definitely Lane Frost he isn't but I bet that was just as wild of a ride as any 8 second ride will ever be... Glad he is OK but that number 3 needs retired before it retires someone else!!

Cardirt0
07-06-2015, 02:48 PM

Its not just me that Thinks that....LOL

MI Dirt Fan
07-06-2015, 04:34 PM
Todd Bodine wreck at Daytona was way worse. People forget about that one
I even think the one a couple years ago when the motor landed in the stands was worse.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-LCGjp8sS8M

25drtrkr
07-06-2015, 04:38 PM
Todd Bodine wreck at Daytona was way worse. People forget about that one
I even think the one a couple years ago when the motor landed in the stands was worse.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-LCGjp8sS8M

Ummmmm....that was Geoff!

t3r3e3
07-06-2015, 06:49 PM

Restrictor plate wrecks have already killed people, including both ARCA and NASCAR. That crap is not racing, and doesn't deserve to be called as such.

ride height
07-06-2015, 07:07 PM
If you watch that video of the big wreck last night. The 3 car is floating around and thru the air like a hot dog wrapper. Like it weighed a couple grams instead of a ton or so. Im glad that Dillon kid is ok, but id be lying if i didnt say he doesnt deserve to run the "3" on the car. Im not sure anybody is and im not one of these Earnhardt fanatics. Just think the 3 does deserve a bit more than its getting as far as respect. These restrictors are a joke. Not to mention dangerous and think of the expense to the teams. Wadding up cars left and right.

catgo22
07-06-2015, 09:42 PM
Lotta people lucky there...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_NYnndVRI8

drano
07-06-2015, 09:51 PM
If that motor had went into the stands ole Brian France might have to go sell confederate flags at a flea market somewhere.

Cardirt0
07-06-2015, 10:04 PM
Move the fans back 30 more feet add 2nd catch fence 10 foot back from the first one.. get rid of the plate and let them run at 220 MPH The Craze fans would love that...They no longer could run wide open in turns and drafting would come back in too play.. Put the gas petal back in play and the 3 wide be gone....

25drtrkr
07-06-2015, 10:04 PM
If that motor had went into the stands ole Brian France might have to go sell confederate flags at a flea market somewhere.

LOL.....that would be the true definition of KARMA! ...wouldn't it?

Cardirt0
07-06-2015, 10:10 PM
LOL.....that would be the true definition of KARMA! ...wouldn't it?

insurance would cover most of it....

drano
07-06-2015, 10:13 PM
insurance would cover most of it....

Yeah I know meant more as a joke

Cardirt0
07-06-2015, 10:15 PM
Yeah I know meant more as a joke

Sorry you know I could not leave it alone... Should have just LOL

25drtrkr
07-06-2015, 10:15 PM

He would probly be better at that, than ruining..I mean running, NASCAR!

Cardirt0
07-06-2015, 10:20 PM
He would probly be better at that, than ruining..I mean running, NASCAR!

Brian France The kid from school no one likes and his dad gives him the only place in town you like to go to and THINKS you all love him and F... it up and not a D a m thing you can do about it...

kidrock
07-06-2015, 10:38 PM
Move the fans back 30 more feet add 2nd catch fence 10 foot back from the first one.. get rid of the plate and let them run at 220 MPH The Craze fans would love that...They no longer could run wide open in turns and drafting would come back in too play.. Put the gas petal back in play and the 3 wide be gone....

Now your talking

Dante Toledo, OH
07-06-2015, 11:08 PM
All the money they have spent at this place on the face lift or whatever they call it. Should have spent that money to move the grandstands into the infield. A lot less chance or a car landing in someones lap if the grandstands are inside and not outside.

MI Dirt Fan
07-07-2015, 09:55 AM
I think after Kyle Larson went through it a couple years ago and the motor was in the stands they reinforced the fencing on the front stretch and took seats out

Fast Wheels
07-07-2015, 10:48 AM
NASCAR's hell-bent 'plate mentality is headed for the ultimate tragedy; the catch fence can't keep the car(s) out of the stands, forever. Then, the talking heads will go ballistic..........and EVERY form of racing will be branded and affected. Track-insurance will sky-rocket.

The reason for the restrictor plates is that the cars were becoming too fast on these huge tracks, and they would by flying into the catch fence or out of the speedway all the time if they did not limit the speed. The only solution to getting rid of the restrictor plates is to make those track smaller, or go back to the same old cars that weren't flying out of ballpark before the plates were introduced.

Clayton_Wetter
07-07-2015, 04:00 PM
I'm sure those flaming liberal commentators on ESPN will tell us all when, where, why, how, and what should be done about this accident!!!

Heck it might even all be blamed on Bush!!! And I don't mean Busch!

25drtrkr
07-07-2015, 04:10 PM
I'm sure those flaming liberal commentators on ESPN will tell us all when, where, why, how, and what should be done about this accident!!!

Heck it might even all be blamed on Bush!!! And I don't mean Busch!

Awww heck CW, you know every bad thing that happens is a Bush/Busch's fault!

reddyfreddy
07-08-2015, 03:04 PM
Is anybody else tired of the " the number 3 should be retired" malarkey? It's a number, like 15 or 2 (Earnhardt drove those also). He was a great driver; great for the sport, but retiring a number is ridiculous, no matter who it is. JMO

drano
07-08-2015, 03:13 PM
Two of the injured have got lawyered up a lawyer out of Florida the Morgan and Morgan firm.

Cardirt0
07-08-2015, 04:40 PM
Two of the injured have got lawyered up a lawyer out of Florida the Morgan and Morgan firm.

They should be taking care of ... BUT Some think why ever work the rest of your life.....They will wine and say how much the hurt till the get the Check....

plunks7
07-08-2015, 08:33 PM
They should be taking care of ... BUT Some think why ever work the rest of your life.....They will wine and say how much the hurt till the get the Check....

I couldn't agree with you more!!!! Good post Cardirt0