PDA

View Full Version : Car bounces on rough track when others don't.

MattMitchell
07-06-2015, 07:43 PM
With all the rain we have gotten in Indiana a lot of the tracks have gotten rough my question is my car seems to bounce through the ruts and holes where others go through them and it doesn't seem to upset the car as bad as mine. Does anyone have any ideas to what would be causing this? I've bottomed out the frame and noticed it shove up the track but just going though the holes and it not bottoming out (that I can feel) it bounces itself up the track is it springs, shocks driving style, something I'm missing? 600# LF 650# RF 225# across the back emod series ump tires all track types 3/8 sweeping tracks 1/4 mile bull rings, all the same any help would be appreciated. Thank you

gangster49
07-06-2015, 08:43 PM
It is all about tire pressure and shock pressures and valving....Racing on a plowed field is different than a dry slick bull ring.

MattMitchell
07-07-2015, 06:44 AM
Gas up on the throttle or gas pressure on the shocks, sir? When I gas the shocks up it seems to get worse even with a "rough track" package

powerslide
07-07-2015, 07:52 AM
I'm not 100% sure on the raising the gas pressure but I believe it may be to make sure the shocks don't get into cavitation and give up on you. Do you have a chain on the RR? Free up entry as much as you can.

MattMitchell
07-07-2015, 08:08 AM
I've got a chain on the RR just to keep the shock from topping out, it's set to where the RR shock has a 1/4" less travel to full extension the LR is the same way I don't like to rely on the shocks as a stopping point for travel in rebound thank you for the replies also gangster mentioned air pressure how much is too much we use 10# on left and 15# on the right and 12# on the RR in the feature for build up

UltimateRaceCars
07-07-2015, 08:58 AM
I always raise the J bar on the rearend to 1/2" about pinion (ford 9") on the tacky rough tracks. It doesnt plant the RR tire so hard and gets through the rough stuff pretty good. I get a lot of compliments on how smooth my car is in the rough and people think its the shocks. Take drive out of the left rear and flatten the J bar out.

MattMitchell
07-07-2015, 11:16 AM
No sprint cars not pinning too hard got about 3/4" travel left. Ultimate Racecars, I'll try that thanks for all the help dirt racer as I said though it seems when I gas up shocks it gets worse I took them up 20 psi is that too much?