PDA

View Full Version : Deery Bros at West Liberty 7/7/15

Bubstr
07-07-2015, 03:00 PM
It's a go. There was a lot of rain that came threw last night. It was a pretty good race, last year.

Nasty55
07-08-2015, 12:18 AM
It's a go. There was a lot of rain that came threw last night. It was a pretty good race, last year.

Brian Harris edges Justin Kay at the checkers for the win tonight to end kays win streak....

blncfn57
07-08-2015, 08:21 AM
Brian Harris edges Justin Kay at the checkers for the win tonight to end kays win streak....

Did Brian ever end up getting the $5000 information he was after? Or did he end up buying a car from Kay?

Hollis
07-08-2015, 11:40 AM
He got the info. But he did not pay off. LOL

JMDraceHD98
07-08-2015, 12:18 PM
I was told they refused to sell Brian a Kay car. In a Mach1 car formerly of Mike Murphy Jr.

Scott Boesel
07-08-2015, 12:34 PM
Kay obviously found something that works for him iam not trying to dis the guy but a few years ago I remember watching him at a few corn belt races and the guy couldn't get out of his own way

Bubstr
07-08-2015, 12:48 PM
It was a good race. Harris led most of it and Kay made a last lap charge on the out side, coming up a half car length short. Watching Kay and a few others work the traffic to the front was worth the price of admission.

MotoMatt
07-08-2015, 03:17 PM
I love that track, fast and racey most all of the time. I need to get down there for a race again that's for sure. It's a bit hard to see all the track from certain spots, but still can see a lot easy enough.

plunks7
07-08-2015, 08:39 PM
Did Brian ever end up getting the $5000 information he was after? Or did he end up buying a car from Kay?

It was a Joke if you read it right. The National Championship or The IMCA pays $5000.00 to the Winner at the end of the year.

Nasty55
07-08-2015, 10:00 PM
It was a Joke if you read it right. The National Championship or The IMCA pays $5000.00 to the Winner at the end of the year.

Some people don't know the difference between a joke and reality ol buddy... Fact of the matter is ol blncfn57 just wanted to stir the chit just a little and was answered and now he shuts up.... Go figure.......

blncfn57
07-09-2015, 09:58 AM
Some people don't know the difference between a joke and reality ol buddy... Fact of the matter is ol blncfn57 just wanted to stir the chit just a little and was answered and now he shuts up.... Go figure.......

Yes, it was kind of a tongue in cheek question. I never took Brians post as a joke tho, shame on me. The fact that Kay would not sell him a car (if that isn't a joke too) leads me to believe that it wasn't a joke..... or Kay didn't take it as one either. Kay cars winning with drivers not known to win much tells me they have found something pretty big and kudos to them! It doesn't happen often in the late model world.

No need to bash me, I didn't trash talk anyone.

Nasty55
07-09-2015, 11:05 AM
Yes, it was kind of a tongue in cheek question. I never took Brians post as a joke tho, shame on me. The fact that Kay would not sell him a car (if that isn't a joke too) leads me to believe that it wasn't a joke..... or Kay didn't take it as one either. Kay cars winning with drivers not known to win much tells me they have found something pretty big and kudos to them! It doesn't happen often in the late model world.

No need to bash me, I didn't trash talk anyone.

I will apologize to you because of the fact that I thought you were just trying to stir the pot up so that falls back on me man... I'm sorry!

JMDraceHD98
07-09-2015, 11:16 AM
Brian Harris can have a type of humor that is hard to read. I think a lot of people didn't take it as a joke. I think it was later cleared up. He's made other jokes about hoping to get back in town from work to go beat that 15 car. Obviously most of the time, the jokes on him.

blncfn57
07-09-2015, 11:31 AM
I will apologize to you because of the fact that I thought you were just trying to stir the pot up so that falls back on me man... I'm sorry!

well, thanks! I only seen the one post about it and never heard anymore. Obviously there was more that I did not see. Seeing that Brian was able to get a victory over Kay made me think about it again, that's why I asked. Thanks again for the apology.

blncfn57
07-09-2015, 11:39 AM
Brian Harris can have a type of humor that is hard to read. I think a lot of people didn't take it as a joke. I think it was later cleared up. He's made other jokes about hoping to get back in town from work to go beat that 15 car. Obviously most of the time, the jokes on him.

That 15 car sure has had alot of folks scratching their heads. Not long ago it was Brian everyone was chasing, no surprise these guys are racing eachother for wins.

Nasty55
07-09-2015, 12:58 PM
well, thanks! I only seen the one post about it and never heard anymore. Obviously there was more that I did not see. Seeing that Brian was able to get a victory over Kay made me think about it again, that's why I asked. Thanks again for the apology.

No thanks needed bud as most know I jump sometimes before I think lol and I'll be the first to admit that and when I'm wrong I'll man up and say I'm so.. Your ok with me..

donnybeaupre
07-09-2015, 03:20 PM
If I were Kay and lost to Harris for 10 straight years, to now have found something special, I wouldn't sell him a car either. Why would he want to start losing again. But it looks like that has started again, so why not sell him a car and make some money.

Mrs Harris
07-09-2015, 05:38 PM
Either Kay has the best setup man in the business or he's cheating. They're other Kay cars out there.

rivercityhustler58
07-09-2015, 10:00 PM
Either Kay has the best setup man in the business or he's cheating. They're other Kay cars out there.Amen. He was popped for cheating last year. And I believe his crew chief was popped for it with traction control years ago. My motto once a cheater........

plunks7
07-09-2015, 10:22 PM
Amen. He was popped for cheating last year. And I believe his crew chief was popped for it with traction control years ago. My motto once a cheater........

Watch what you say. I know a Driver that had some soft Tars that was caught.

tiger
07-10-2015, 12:05 AM
Amen. He was popped for cheating last year. And I believe his crew chief was popped for it with traction control years ago. My motto once a cheater........

When exactly did this supposed cheating happen last year?? Oh wait thats right it didn't happen, Justin has NEVER been DQ'd in a late model. And unless his crew chief was working on Kevin Blum's car (and he wasn't) he's never been "popped" for traction control.

Justins won 65 races in the last 2 and a half year, and has been in the top 5 and teched probably 125+ you really think he wouldn't have been caught by now if he was cheating?

Bumpandrun
07-10-2015, 08:01 AM
You people scare me. People always claim someone is cheating when they win quite often. People that have to make up stuff, are just jealous that someone has their car dialed in.

donnybeaupre
07-10-2015, 11:36 AM
I will give someone $5k to tell my why Brian Harris is always so fast at West Liberty.

I mean seriously beating a guy that has won everything for the past year and a half, on only 6 cylinders and a broken right shock. geez come on.

huskerdirt
07-10-2015, 01:25 PM

Since he runs IMCA it would've been well documented. So do everybody else a favor and shows us where/when he got caught. It'll back up your claim that you aren't a flipping idiot.

tiger
07-10-2015, 04:28 PM
I will give someone $5k to tell my why Brian Harris is always so fast at West Liberty.

I mean seriously beating a guy that has won everything for the past year and a half, on only 6 cylinders and a broken right shock. geez come on.

Pretty sure he was on all 8, just had a broken header.

Btw, Hi Nate!

blncfn57
07-10-2015, 04:56 PM

I can tell you that the driver and car owner that make up your username do not share the same assumptions as you. I'm also pretty confident in saying that both would be ashamed to be associated with a comment like that.

donnybeaupre
07-10-2015, 05:26 PM
Pretty sure he was on all 8, just had a broken header.

Btw, Hi Nate!

Ssssssshhhhhonk

KVille this year???

tiger
07-10-2015, 08:31 PM
Ssssssshhhhhonk

KVille this year???

I hope to be able to go for once, (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) farming getting in the way of racing lol. Just for good measure I might be going down Thursday.

rivercityhustler58
07-10-2015, 10:26 PM
Since he runs IMCA it would've been well documented. So do everybody else a favor and shows us where/when he got caught. It'll back up your claim that you aren't a flipping idiot.Last year at the fair races in dubuque he was caught with an illegal crane box. He went from tenth to the lead in less than two laps. That's why davenport speedway changed their pre race tech if you were running a crane box. In no way am I making it up. I was standing next to his dad when he admitted it. And said " we've been doing that for years now" if a guy was on a roll I would not bash him in a public forum, just because. Not worth it.

huskerdirt
07-10-2015, 10:37 PM
Last year at the fair races in dubuque he was caught with an illegal crane box. He went from tenth to the lead in less than two laps. That's why davenport speedway changed their pre race tech if you were running a crane box. In no way am I making it up. I was standing next to his dad when he admitted it. And said " we've been doing that for years now" if a guy was on a roll I would not bash him in a public forum, just because. Not worth it.

Here's some free advice...... Make sure you know your audience before making statements like the one above.

Like I said earlier show me proof...... Like a PR release DQing Justin Kay. You cant show me one because there isn't.

Bumpandrun
07-11-2015, 08:55 AM

Maybe West Liberty suites Brian's driving style. I remember the year he almost won the NASCAR National title, he was fast every week. Brian has ran many more laps than Justin Kay has run at West Liberty. So if you are insinuating that Brian was cheating, you truly haven't watched Brian race over the years.

tiger
07-11-2015, 11:22 AM
Last year at the fair races in dubuque he was caught with an illegal crane box. He went from tenth to the lead in less than two laps. That's why davenport speedway changed their pre race tech if you were running a crane box. In no way am I making it up. I was standing next to his dad when he admitted it. And said " we've been doing that for years now" if a guy was on a roll I would not bash him in a public forum, just because. Not worth it.

He wasn't running an Illegal Crane Ignition. He was just running a Crane Ignition period. Some guys run those, some run a MSD. It wasn't illegal though, i can promise you that.

Bubstr
07-11-2015, 03:24 PM
Maybe West Liberty suites Brian's driving style. I remember the year he almost won the NASCAR National title, he was fast every week. Brian has ran many more laps than Justin Kay has run at West Liberty. So if you are insinuating that Brian was cheating, you truly haven't watched Brian race over the years.

This exactly. West Liberty has a secret. Berkoffer Knows it. Brian seems to know it also.