PDA

View Full Version : DoD

kidrock
07-07-2015, 04:01 PM
Anyone else having problems with videos on DoD?

25drtrkr
07-07-2015, 04:04 PM
Anyone else having problems with videos on DoD?

Yeah, but only in full screen mode. I have tried all the Google fixes, but they still stop and start constantly. I give up.

kidrock
07-07-2015, 04:09 PM
Yeah, but only in full screen mode. I have tried all the Google fixes, but they still stop and start constantly. I give up.

Ok thanks, I'm having the problem and I'm not even in full screen.

MILLER7FAN
07-07-2015, 04:25 PM
Yeah, but only in full screen mode. I have tried all the Google fixes, but they still stop and start constantly. I give up. I had buffering problems when watching videos in full screen. What worked for me was to turn off the HD in top corner. Hope this helps

BirkyAndTheShark
07-07-2015, 04:28 PM
I've had a few not load after the ads which is a whole other thing it's something I pay for and don't like the fact I can't skip the increasing ads

25drtrkr
07-07-2015, 04:31 PM
I had buffering problems when watching videos in full screen. What worked for me was to turn off the HD in top corner. Hope this helps

Thanks, but I tried that also and it didn't work. Funny thing is, this just started about 3 weeks ago. I haven't changed anything on my computer, and I have high speed dsl. Go figure!

MasterSbilt_Racer
07-07-2015, 09:14 PM
I've had a few not load after the ads which is a whole other thing it's something I pay for and don't like the fact I can't skip the increasing ads
You pay and still get adds. That is BS...

Highside Hustler25
07-07-2015, 09:30 PM
You pay and still get adds. That is BS...

It is about a 20 second sponsor add that runs prior to race videos. No big deal really.

ptown
07-07-2015, 10:00 PM
You can fast forward through the ads on a browser but not on the iPhone app. I agree no big deal but if you pay you shouldn't be annoyed by having to watch them. I

kidrock
07-07-2015, 10:04 PM
There used to be a way you could go to the videos and not have watch the adds. Not sure if DoD did away with that option or I just don't remember how to do it anymore. Someone a few years back posted it on here how to do it.

j1s
07-08-2015, 01:24 PM
Are you people seriously complaining about ads on DoD? I would be willing to bet most you of fork over $120 for cable/satellite TV and there are ads every 7 min for 4 minutes at a time on every non-premium channel. Better yet, you pay to go to a race and have stare a bunch of signs that advertise. You pay for internet service and are bombarded by ads on nearly every single website. Just be happy that DoD is pretty good for 8 bucks a month.

MasterSbilt_Racer
07-08-2015, 01:50 PM
Are you people seriously complaining about ads on DoD? I would be willing to bet most you of fork over $120 for cable/satellite TV and there are ads every 7 min for 4 minutes at a time on every non-premium channel. Better yet, you pay to go to a race and have stare a bunch of signs that advertise. You pay for internet service and are bombarded by ads on nearly every single website. Just be happy that DoD is pretty good for 8 bucks a month.

Nope. Sorry. Dont fit your profile. The internet is almost entirely a free medium. I don't use sites that I have to pay for. If I did, I wouldn't tolerate ads. There are a lot of free games out there that remove ads when you make a 1-time purchase of a paid version of the software. I believe you should be a subscription-based business or an advertisement based business. Not both. Paying a fee frees you from ads.

I have almost completely removed myself from use of ESPN.com because more and more content is for "insiders only".

racenut
07-08-2015, 03:05 PM
simple....tooo broke to afford it.....tooooo busy to have time to watch anyway.....especially when there is free access to results without ads....

BirkyAndTheShark
07-08-2015, 03:35 PM
I've been a member from the beginning and there didn't use to be ads so yea I am complaining when you have to sit thru a Rocket, Pro Power, or Wolf pack ad every time you click a video especially during summer nationals when you have new videos daily weather permitting

MILLER7FAN
07-08-2015, 03:55 PM
I've been a member from the beginning and there didn't use to be ads so yea I am complaining when you have to sit thru a Rocket, Pro Power, or Wolf pack ad every time you click a video especially during summer nationals when you have new videos daily weather permitting I chalk it up to "you gotta take the good with the bad" the good it provides me out weighs the bad by far. jmo

kidrock
07-08-2015, 04:22 PM
Yeah I'm ok with the adds they don't last that long and for what I get to see no complaints here. My only complaint is with all this rain we are getting and I'm pretty sure DoD has nothing to do with that lol.

huskerdirt
07-08-2015, 04:40 PM
I've been a member from the beginning and there didn't use to be ads so yea I am complaining when you have to sit thru a Rocket, Pro Power, or Wolf pack ad every time you click a video especially during summer nationals when you have new videos daily weather permitting

I'm with ya on that..... If I wanna watch the Summer Nationals minute. I shouldn't have to sit through a 40 second ad....... Let alone one I've seen a 100 times already.

Cardirt0
07-08-2015, 04:56 PM
You pay for it .. There should be NO adds.................I have stopped paying for 3 of my pay for sites i go to... they said pay no adds.. in 2 years now 1/2 the page is adds...... On ever page is adds....=GREED

smoothoperator32
07-08-2015, 04:58 PM
I tried it for a month $9.99 and cancelled my subscription. There are more non paying ways for results, video's are ok but not worth it to me think i only watched a few anyway. They say live updates but there not live usually things are over with long before they update their blog. I agree there were to many ads. JMO

kidrock
07-08-2015, 05:12 PM
For me I think it averages out to around 8.00 a month well worth it.

zyoung25
07-08-2015, 07:33 PM
I can skip through the ads on my phone. It doesn't bother me to pay for it. I'm also a single guy with no kids, $8 a month doesn't put me in a pinch.

Peopleschamp15
07-09-2015, 09:00 PM
What DoD has done for the sport is great... 20 seconds of an add isn't bad guys come'on

shaferz
07-10-2015, 07:39 AM
I feel both ways. I do the annual subscription. It would be awfully nice to have subscription content at least have a reduced number of ads, or have a counter set up that will only show you one ad per day? I really don't mind the ads, as running DoD has got to be costly when you figure all the travel/equipment/personnel. Can not make all the money required on subscriptions alone - but it would still be nice for a reduction in ads for folks who subscribe.

And now that I've talked myself in a circle, I'll kindly exit this thread. haha

george w
07-10-2015, 07:48 AM
I skip thru them on my phone as well, i actually dont mind watching an add from time to time but like previously mentioned theres about 3-4 adds playing over an over an over an thats why i skip it cause its old or worn out if it was something different from time to time id prolly take more time to watch it. What is nice is the minimal adds or advertising on the ppv's, or the ones ive ordered........ love it .

george w
07-10-2015, 07:55 AM
If they offered a you a 15$ fee to opt out of all ads with your yearly subscription, would you take it ? Only reason i ask is i actually thought about it myself and aint sure....

outbackMS
07-10-2015, 10:03 AM
My personal opinion of DoD is, It's worth every penny! I'm amazed at how fast they cover a race and then have the videos up in hours. How they are on top of all of the latest news, and how they help promote the sport of Dirt late model racing ! while I might agree the ads can be a little annoying at times, but no more than watching regular TV.

Keep up the Great work DoD !!

IZZOJR16
07-10-2015, 10:54 PM
dude DOD is the SHIIIIIIIIIIIIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

D. Tidrow
07-11-2015, 12:03 AM
dude DOD is the SHIIIIIIIIIIIIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!Enough said!!!!

Highside Hustler25
07-11-2015, 05:27 AM
I skip thru them on my phone as well, i actually dont mind watching an add from time to time but like previously mentioned theres about 3-4 adds playing over an over an over an thats why i skip it cause its old or worn out if it was something different from time to time id prolly take more time to watch it. What is nice is the minimal adds or advertising on the ppv's, or the ones ive ordered........ love it .

I'm with you GW. Some of those video's I have memorized from watching them over and over and over. Sometimes I hear the words WEHRS MACHINE , DUCK RIVER, and VIC HILL ENGINES in my sleep.

Bubstr
07-11-2015, 03:38 PM
I'm with you GW. Some of those video's I have memorized from watching them over and over and over. Sometimes I hear the words WEHRS MACHINE , DUCK RIVER, and VIC HILL ENGINES in my sleep.

You missed Wolf pack, JRI, Pro Power and Rockets could make a lot of noise too. Guess they need to work on that a little. When adds make your product a household name, they have done their job.