PDA

View Full Version : Pdc

cjp0354
07-08-2015, 10:24 AM
How many years can fairbury go with these big races and not add more seets? I say if this year's race wins race of the year they will have to build more seats or they will turn away alot of paying customers. Build it and they will come.

Baddboy1
07-08-2015, 10:46 AM
Talk to the American Legion there. They control the track.

WisWildManFan
07-08-2015, 10:52 AM
Need to build a website that can handle more traffic as well.

dirt crow
07-08-2015, 11:23 AM
OMG!! The website is a joke! It took me 1 hour and 10 minutes to get tickets! I bet Matt Curl hates my guts. I've called him nonstop and this Gunter guy. Ridiculous! I finally got I section, row 13. That any good???

HoosierDirtFan
07-08-2015, 11:27 AM
OMG!! The website is a joke! It took me 1 hour and 10 minutes to get tickets! I bet Matt Curl hates my guts. I've called him nonstop and this Gunter guy. Ridiculous! I finally got I section, row 13. That any good???

Those are good seats just 2 rows in front of me . I'm in section I as well at the very top in Row 15.

dirt crow
07-08-2015, 11:29 AM
Those are good seats just 2 rows in front of me . I'm in section I as well at the very top in Row 25.

Row 25! Wow. The website only said row 1-15. ??? That's weird. ....did you mean 15?

ptown
07-08-2015, 11:44 AM
Need to build a website that can handle more traffic as well.

This is only the second time (first was Summernationals) for ordering tickets via web site so give them time to get the bugs worked out.

dirt crow
07-08-2015, 11:49 AM
This is only the second time (first was Summernationals) for ordering tickets via web site so give them time to get the bugs worked out.

I hear ya. This Gunter just returned my call to make sure I got tickets. Mighty nice. Maybe in future it'll get better.

WisWildManFan
07-08-2015, 11:59 AM
This is only the second time (first was Summernationals) for ordering tickets via web site so give them time to get the bugs worked out.Well luckily I should be on mailing list from here on out lol

quicktime00
07-08-2015, 12:13 PM
They need to tear down the front stretch grand stands and put bleachers up, also move them closer. It'll never happen though.

rc24
07-08-2015, 12:14 PM
I forgot they went on sale today i wanted to add to my seats that i already have. WOW They have sold a ton of seats!

Highside Hustler25
07-08-2015, 12:16 PM
add seats for 2 weekends per year?? doubt it. Maybe some temporary seating but putting up permanent seating would be a waste of money.

WisWildManFan
07-08-2015, 12:17 PM
So how many people reserve extra seats for $5 a piece? Seems like it would be better just to make you pay for ticket up front... Uncle Sam get his paws on that tho

Cardirt0
07-08-2015, 12:24 PM
They need to tear down the front stretch grand stands and put bleachers up, also move them closer. It'll never happen though.

ILL fair rules say they must keep the 1/2 mile track.. (at least they did at one time) Thats why FarmerCity still has there's...They use too have to run at lease 1 horse race a year. Don't know if they still have too do that....

Cardirt0
07-08-2015, 12:26 PM
So how many people reserve extra seats for $5 a piece? Seems like it would be better just to make you pay for ticket up front... Uncle Sam get his paws on that tho

They are a Fair they don't pay Tax....

DarrellGoode
07-08-2015, 12:32 PM
Can you get tickets at the gate?

Bubstr
07-08-2015, 12:36 PM

I would agree with this. Those grandstands where made for midgets. You have no leg room.

Highside Hustler25
07-08-2015, 12:49 PM
ILL fair rules say they must keep the 1/2 mile track.. (at least they did at one time) Thats why FarmerCity still has there's...They use too have to run at lease 1 horse race a year. Don't know if they still have too do that....

If Moon shows @ FC this weekend with his nag, the 1 horse race will be covered.

Cardirt0
07-08-2015, 12:52 PM
New bleachers cost about 135 bucks A SEAT ..If you hunt and find a good deal.. So it take a lot of money too get them and then it takes 6 races of them being full to pay for them be for you make a Dime off them...Then it would take about 25,000 to pay for the stands too be sent to the dump.. Cost a lot to dump trash now....so it would be well over a 100,000 to put up new Grandstands.. Thats just for the covered stands....

Mod22
07-08-2015, 12:55 PM
Hey dirtcrow, my buddy got some tickets as well on row 13 in section I, we might be neighbors lol

Cardirt0
07-08-2015, 12:58 PM
If Moon shows @ FC this weekend with his nag, the 1 horse race will be covered.

Thats just to F... Funny LOLOLOLOL man That hurt Ling that Hard

shaferz
07-08-2015, 01:27 PM
It was only a few years ago that most of the backstretch seating was replaced (2012 or 2013???). They replaced all the old wood stuff with nice new/used aluminum stuff. IIRC, they got a great deal on it. Can not remember how much (if any) additional seating was added with that deal.

I'm not even sure where temporary seating could physically go, honestly.

Cardirt0
07-08-2015, 01:43 PM
It was only a few years ago that most of the backstretch seating was replaced (2012 or 2013???). They replaced all the old wood stuff with nice new/used aluminum stuff. IIRC, they got a great deal on it. Can not remember how much (if any) additional seating was added with that deal.

I'm not even sure where temporary seating could physically go, honestly.

I heard that they got real lucky when the got them..heard they were way below cost of new ones...
It wold be nice too put some in the pits and get rid of that nasty stand up only $hit they have...Turn one and two The ground is so much lower then the wall be hard to do it there plus the 1/2 mile track....

HoosierDirtFan
07-08-2015, 01:46 PM
Row 25! Wow. The website only said row 1-15. ??? That's weird. ....did you mean 15?

yes meant 15

dirt crow
07-08-2015, 01:46 PM
Hey dirtcrow, my buddy got some tickets as well on row 13 in section I, we might be neighbors lol

Sounds good. I'm seats 19 & 20.

HoosierDirtFan
07-08-2015, 01:48 PM
Can you get tickets at the gate?

yes you can get tickets at the gate.

dirt crow
07-08-2015, 01:51 PM
yes meant 15

Gotcha.....

WisWildManFan
07-08-2015, 01:55 PM
yes you can get tickets at the gate.good luck getting on backstretch tho

HoosierDirtFan
07-08-2015, 02:15 PM
good luck getting on backstretch tho

When I checked this afternoon there where still some seats in Section I where I'm sitting at

bullring
07-08-2015, 02:54 PM
Anybody wanting to sit on backstretch better get tickets today. Center sections sold out.

427c.i.
07-08-2015, 03:10 PM
I heard that they got real lucky when the got them..heard they were way below cost of new ones...
It wold be nice too put some in the pits and get rid of that nasty stand up only $hit they have...Turn one and two The ground is so much lower then the wall be hard to do it there plus the 1/2 mile track....

The new bleachers came from Shep's Speedway when they shut it down, a bunch of volunteer help put them up.

Fairbury Speedway
07-08-2015, 03:15 PM
Everyone will need to buy General Admission tickets at the gate on the day of the event, what we sell in advance is a non refundable reserved seat voucher for the backstretch only. The entire front stretch is still all General Admission w/ no reserved sections,We do not make the fans purchase the full ticket price in advance. This works out better so our fans can sit with their friends in larger groups. It also makes it easier to manage because kids 12 & under are admitted free with a paying adult even for our biggest events. Thanks!!! Gunter

ILL-DIRTDOG
07-08-2015, 03:24 PM
New bleachers cost about 135 bucks A SEAT ..If you hunt and find a good deal.. So it take a lot of money too get them and then it takes 6 races of them being full to pay for them be for you make a Dime off them...Then it would take about 25,000 to pay for the stands too be sent to the dump.. Cost a lot to dump trash now....so it would be well over a 100,000 to put up new Grandstands.. Thats just for the covered stands....

If the place was mine I would take that building to the west of the grandstand and make it the new beer stand site and they could relocate to the old beer stand structure. Make the new beer stand 2 floors with skyboxes on top... Would be high enough to see over the wall for the most part and generate money.

BirkyAndTheShark
07-08-2015, 03:30 PM
Anyone know if there are any campgrounds near the track since reserved is ready sold out?

ILL-DIRTDOG
07-08-2015, 04:01 PM
Anyone know if there are any campgrounds near the track since reserved is ready sold out?

I don't know who owns it but on rt24 just west of fairbury there is a big lake with several campsites around it. Don't know what the story of it is but looks like a really nice kept place.

Maybe someone from Fairbury can tell us more bout it.

427c.i.
07-08-2015, 04:24 PM
I don't know who owns it but on rt24 just west of fairbury there is a big lake with several campsites around it. Don't know what the story of it is but looks like a really nice kept place.

Maybe someone from Fairbury can tell us more bout it.

Old gravel pit turned into a lake, all fenced in. Pretty sure that is private property that isn't rented out to campers. (Even though they could make a killing during race weekends as it is a nice setup) I go by there quite a bit for work and have never seen more than a handful of cars or campers there at one time.

WisWildManFan
07-08-2015, 05:32 PM
Anyone know if there are any campgrounds near the track since reserved is ready sold out?We showed up last year and camped at school, is that already full too? We will be tent camping, at hell tour they had us camp along southern most fence on grounds.

racingfool32
07-08-2015, 09:10 PM
Making our first trip this year. Can unreserved seats be marked for the next night.

EATIN DIRT AT FALS
07-09-2015, 10:35 AM
I hear ya. This Gunter just returned my call to make sure I got tickets. Mighty nice. Maybe in future it'll get better.

It's Gunner but everybody calls him D1CK

TackyTracker
07-09-2015, 11:01 AM
I'm on waiting list for camping... Not holding my breath though... If anybody wants to sell us a camping spot LMK

Fairbury Speedway
07-09-2015, 11:38 AM
Just an FYI on Camping Waiting List, we will put campers in designated overflow lots across the street at the school if weather permits. We could not include those lots on our reservation website as we do not own the property. We will not Allow campers on that property if the weather is rainy leading up to the event and the ground is saturated. There should be room to park campers based on the waiting list we have currently. We will work through the waiting list as time allows, Please Remember.... we are all volunteers and do this in our spare time as time allows so we may not respond right away. We will do our best to get back with you but we all have Full Time Jobs and we have been hammered with emails etc. If any reserved seat or camping questions please send an email to fairburyspeedwaytickets@hotmail.com.

bullring
07-09-2015, 12:20 PM
Can tents camp on a regular camping spot or do they have to go to a designated area?

Fairbury Speedway
07-09-2015, 05:01 PM
Tents will be in designated area, first come first serve. No Reservations... We will assign spots when you arrive. All reserved camping lots must have an rv on them, they are not intended for car parking/ tent campers etc.

t4g2
07-14-2015, 06:43 PM
Is there many ppl tha tent camp? As I see you cut it in half the size from last year? I'm heading up Thurs morning hope to get a big spot as we have 8 tents in are group would that be early enough?

ILL-DIRTDOG
07-14-2015, 08:28 PM
Making our first trip this year. Can unreserved seats be marked for the next night.

I don't think so...Front stretch (unreserved) will open in the morning but IDK when...they are first come first serve.

shaferz
07-15-2015, 08:21 AM
Just read on the FALS forum that all reserved seating (backstretch) and reserved camping (on grounds) is SOLD OUT. :o

http://fairburyspeedway.com/news/188-26th-annual-prairie-dirt-classic-weekend-information

Grandstand seating is still first come, first serve, and there are a couple 'overflow' lots for campers that the track doesnt own, but wow.

t4g2
07-15-2015, 09:52 AM
Grandstand seats blankets can be put down at noon on Friday an can be left for the weekend. An not surprised reserved seats an camp is sold out.

BirkyAndTheShark
07-15-2015, 10:26 AM
I'm going to get there Thurs night does anyone know if the overflow camping lots are very big do I have a good chance at a spot ?

Hawk12
07-15-2015, 02:11 PM
well if your going just Saturday like I am it is going to be tough to find a seat. Sure wish DirtonDirt was airing this live.

cdustyr1
07-15-2015, 07:40 PM

Many of the regulars still enjoy the grand stands and unfortunately only one time a year the place needs more seats. I know the officials and board members have been kicking around ideas on how to add more. They really need some kind of portable seating that could be brought in and removed for the one weekend.

cdustyr1
07-15-2015, 08:03 PM
Attended a city gathering last night at Fairbury in which a group of community business kicked around ideas of things the city could do, I am wondering if anyone here has suggestions of what might interest you, maybe from 12-4 on Saturday or Possibly even Sunday for those remaining the following day. Flea market, garage sales, some kind of band playing up town. Any thoughts welcomed.

bullring
07-15-2015, 08:08 PM
Attended a city gathering last night at Fairbury in which a group of community business kicked around ideas of things the city could do, I am wondering if anyone here has suggestions of what might interest you, maybe from 12-4 on Saturday or Possibly even Sunday for those remaining the following day. Flea market, garage sales, some kind of band playing up town. Any thoughts welcomed.

I'm kind of partial to wet t shirt contests. I'll even kick in a few bucks.

t4g2
07-15-2015, 09:22 PM
How about some kid contests like water ball on toss wheel barrow race stuff like that. Also would love to bowl with the drivers kinda like the golf outing as some drivers do bowl. A band or DJ or karokee on Thurs nite as some come in on Thursdays.

chathamracefan
07-15-2015, 10:27 PM
Any of those activities would be cool. Might also be a good time for the grocery stores to do a cookout in the parking lot over the lunch hour. This is part of what makes Fairbury so good. The town and its businesses support the track

cdustyr1
07-17-2015, 10:55 PM
Thanks for the suggestions will bring them up at the next gathering maybe get some of them going for the next PDC.