PDA

View Full Version : Buddy Baker Sick

Cardirt0
07-08-2015, 01:04 PM
Has Cancer..
"There comes a time when you talk to the doctor and say what are my chances and there's dead silence," Baker, 74, said in making his announcement on Sirius Tuesday night. "I went, 'How long?' 'Well, we don't own the hotel, we don't know when we check out. It's something that we cannot fix.'
Dont look good for him ... My Prayers are with him and his Family....

Highside Hustler25
07-08-2015, 01:25 PM
inoperable tumor:(So sad.

IZZOJR16
07-08-2015, 05:49 PM
I listen to him on XM and knew something was wrong with him, he sounded sick and depressed. yesterday was his last day on XM. Baker was the first nascar broadcaster that I listened to and grew up on him being a 80's-90's kid. definitely one of the all-time great racing story tellers.

Crashmagnet
07-08-2015, 06:03 PM
If you haven't watched the Stock Car Racers Reunion that had all the old Nascar racers on it, you really need to. The story that Buddy tells about rolling out the back of an ambulance strapped down on the stretcher was my favorite part. Really sad news.

EugeneFarley
07-08-2015, 07:23 PM
God Bless Buddy Baker.

chupp n bloomer fan
07-08-2015, 08:52 PM
Has Cancer..
"There comes a time when you talk to the doctor and say what are my chances and there's dead silence," Baker, 74, said in making his announcement on Sirius Tuesday night. "I went, 'How long?' 'Well, we don't own the hotel, we don't know when we check out. It's something that we cannot fix.'
Dont look good for him ... My Prayers are with him and his Family....Sad to hear Car. Always liked Buddy Baker, and he's colorful. Cancer, you and I know all to well is a terrible thing.

HoosierDirtFan
07-08-2015, 09:58 PM
Like I told Cardirt0 -

I could tell you a bit on Baker.
A close friend of mine who's name I don't like disclosing to others because he gets a lot of request for autographs is Buddy's nephew.
Lives here in Northwest Indiana (GARY) and was a machinist until about 17 years ago when he broke is leg and now has a rod in it.
His name is Butch Baker.
I don't know if any of you will remember this but I'll tell you a funny story Butch.
Some years back there was a funny accident at Darlington where he got ballsy and walked up on the track and some NASCAR officials had to come get him off the track.
He told them no one ever said I couldn't walk up onto the actual racing surface.
Don't know if any of you ever remember hearing about this accident on a NASCAR TV program, website, or radio show.
I've met Buddy twice and is a super nice guy to talk to.
Once at an ASA show at Illiana (IN) Motor Speedway in 2002 and a few years back at Chicagoland Speedway.
He got Butch an old NASCAR gas car with 76 on the side of it and it had been turned into a grill for bugers, stakes, ect.
I'm with you guys so sad.
NASCAR Legand.
Glad he got into the NASCAR Hall Of Fame while he still alive. to see and be there for it.
Buddy and an absolute class act in my eyes on and off the track.
Guys like Buddy made NASCAR what it is today just the common working man just wanting to race.
Easily one of the nicest guys I've ever met in any form of motorsports period.

My thoughts and prayers are with Buddy, My friend Butch(Buddy's nephew), and the entire Baker family.