PDA

View Full Version : FALS Question

DarrellGoode
07-09-2015, 12:12 PM
Why is the back stretch better to watch the races, than the front stretch? Wouldn't it be better to sit by flag stand? I've never been there. So I don't know.

TackyTracker
07-09-2015, 12:18 PM
frontstretch is farther back
you can smoke
party crowd is back there

other than that nothing really

bullring
07-09-2015, 12:18 PM
Frontstretch stands have the horse track between them and the racetrack. Long ways back.

ILL-DIRTDOG
07-09-2015, 12:28 PM
frontstretch is farther back
you can smoke
party crowd is back there

other than that nothing really

All the souvenir trailers are on the backstretch as well.

Bubstr
07-09-2015, 12:46 PM
Why is the back stretch better to watch the races, than the front stretch? Wouldn't it be better to sit by flag stand? I've never been there. So I don't know.

Number one reason is the elevation of the track and grandstands makes it hard to see the front stretch, for the wall. Second reason is their historical grand stands make you sit with your knees in your chest. Third is, if it's warm, it seems about 5 degrees warmer because the enclosed stands cut air flow. If it's cool, that's a good thing.

If your handicapped, the front stretch has a ramp to a not so great landing, view wise. It is hard getting to the ramp because of gravel walkway, if you need wheels to get there. The handicapped parking is close also, if your early. I don't think some tracks realize just how many fans have difficulty getting around.

What makes it worth it, is great side by side racing. Let there be no doubt about it, they put on a great show.

smoothoperator32
07-09-2015, 12:52 PM
Number one reason is the elevation of the track and grandstands makes it hard to see the front stretch, for the wall. Second reason is their historical grand stands make you sit with your knees in your chest. Third is, if it's warm, it seems about 5 degrees warmer because the enclosed stands cut air flow. If it's cool, that's a good thing.

If your handicapped, the front stretch has a ramp to a not so great landing, view wise. It is hard getting to the ramp because of gravel walkway, if you need wheels to get there. The handicapped parking is close also, if your early. I don't think some tracks realize just how many fans have difficulty getting around.

What makes it worth it, is great side by side racing. Let there be no doubt about it, they put on a great show.

I went there a few years ago i am handicapped in a wheelchair could not get anywhere near the front stretch and could not find a place on the backstretch. This place is definitely not wheelchair friendly. Didnt even watch races went home.

WisWildManFan
07-09-2015, 02:22 PM
Front stretch stands are at least 3 times farther back

Cardirt0
07-09-2015, 02:29 PM
I went there a few years ago i am handicapped in a wheelchair could not get anywhere near the front stretch and could not find a place on the backstretch. This place is definitely not wheelchair friendly. Didnt even watch races went home.

This is something they need too address ..They have spots at the bottom of Grandstands They suck...Fairbury You run a Great place, BUT you need a better Place for my Friend Smooth too see the races from....

DarrellGoode
07-09-2015, 02:42 PM
So get there early to try to get a seat on the backstretch?

Cardirt0
07-09-2015, 02:47 PM
So get there early to try to get a seat on the backstretch?

Hes handicapped in a wheelchair no place in the backstretch for him.......

CRK
07-09-2015, 02:49 PM
I think there is on section C or D on backstretch. Ramp is near concessions I believe.

Cardirt0
07-09-2015, 03:01 PM
I think there is on section C or D on backstretch. Ramp is near concessions I believe.

Did not know that .. Who would you call too get one held for someone....

WisWildManFan
07-09-2015, 03:14 PM
So get there early to try to get a seat on the backstretch?Id say 95% are all ready sold. There were quit a few seats in section I yesterday but not many else where

Fairbury Speedway
07-09-2015, 04:57 PM
The 2 section D handicap spots on the backstretch are already reserved for the PDC weekend, the Handicap area on the front stretch is first come first serve on the day of the event.

DarrellGoode
07-09-2015, 05:25 PM
Tried to order reserved seating on backstretch but I needed 3 seats and it's not available. I guess I have no choice but to do the front stretch. Will I be able to see at all?

Mcklovin85..
07-09-2015, 05:36 PM
Tried to order reserved seating on backstretch but I needed 3 seats and it's not available. I guess I have no choice but to do the front stretch. Will I be able to see at all? We sat on the front stretch last year in the uncovered stands coming off 4 and if you get the top few rows the view is not all that bad but we were not able to see the scoreboard so it was hard to tell what lap they were on but none the less it was still plenty fine to watch some great racing. I would suggest getting there on sat morn at 10 or whatever time they allow you to put you blanket down and get that done and in place..

DarrellGoode
07-09-2015, 05:43 PM
Ok thanks for the info

t4g2
07-14-2015, 06:41 PM
Darrel Goode check your PMS