PDA

View Full Version : Lanigan!!

2sweet
07-10-2015, 12:11 PM
Wow just read on Woo sight he is dropping off tour to work on customers cars and regroup!

dirt33
07-10-2015, 12:12 PM
Very interesting. One year ago at this time, who would have ever guessed Lanigan would NOT run the WoO full tour this season? It sucks for him, but probably a good decision.

Josh Bayko
07-10-2015, 12:14 PM
Remember when Bloomer dropped off the Lucas tour because the business was dragging his racing down, then kicked everybody off Team Zero in the offseason?

I see the same thing happening here.

kipling
07-10-2015, 12:27 PM
Maybe he will drop into Farmer City on his way back home tonight.

LMPunk
07-10-2015, 12:27 PM
That's a wow.

TS FAN
07-10-2015, 12:36 PM
Maybe he is tired of traveling so much. Traveling and winning is not so bad, but traveling and the car being out to lunch is tiresome. Especially for someone who had been winning.

TheHeadHunter
07-10-2015, 01:03 PM
I think he is tired of Clanton wearing his ass out.. Lanigan hasn't been competitive since Arizona.. Those Club29 cars aren't what they were hyped up to be apparently.. Jimmy Owens(lucas) 1 win, Lanigan (WoO) 0 wins.. Only person doing good isn't even in a club29 car.. It is a black diamond not by Club29!! Go EPJ and Clanton...

mccreadiefan39
07-10-2015, 01:06 PM
Without dropping a name lets just say he won't be the last to drop off the WoO tour and it has nothing to do with WoO it's just about trying to get his cars better and back to running up front on a race to race basis.

huskerdirt
07-10-2015, 01:13 PM
Without dropping a name lets just say he won't be the last to drop off the WoO tour and it has nothing to do with WoO it's just about trying to get his cars better and back to running up front on a race to race basis.

I've been waiting for that shoe to drop.....

T-MAC39FAN
07-10-2015, 01:26 PM

Quick fix
Replace the chassis w a winning one right out of the box!

WatchThis
07-10-2015, 01:48 PM
I heard a rumor that Darrell was looking at talking to that 16 yr. old Josh Rice. Rice is running a Club 29 and showing great talent. He finished 6 in the Dream and has won a couple of features. I think this is his first year in a late model. Somebody put it best when they posted that if they were going to rob a bank, they want Josh Rice driving the getaway car! Smart move-a talented driver with a great future and fan appeal.

T-MAC39FAN
07-10-2015, 01:51 PM
Very interesting. One year ago at this time, who would have ever guessed Lanigan would NOT run the WoO full tour this season? It sucks for him, but probably a good decision.

I guess that tire soaking paid off last yr huh.

pap
07-10-2015, 02:06 PM
I was blown away when I read the write up on dod, but this may be his smartest move ever.... Clanton has said many times, that the work he did late last year and during the off season is what has led to his success this year.

george w
07-10-2015, 02:08 PM
Theres been a couple times this year I've laughed at myself for thinking Jamison had a shot at rookie of the year when they announced he'd run the full WOO schedule with lanigan this is another one...... . . .

gigi21
07-10-2015, 02:18 PM
Man when they took them electronic shocks away from Lanigan Bloomer Owens they can't get out of there on way love it lol

25drtrkr
07-10-2015, 03:40 PM
We all knew it was going to be different this year with Richards coming back. But Im just as surprised as Clantons success as Lanigans lack of running good!

Somethings not right! EPJ and Stovall are running very well. Makes me wonder if ole Mr. Stuckey is sharing everything!

davis2902
07-10-2015, 03:53 PM
WoO should just fold up.

MUD MAESTRO
07-10-2015, 04:45 PM
Lanagan spread himself out to thin. Taking on on a new business (building and maintaining customers cars) is a full time job in itself. Can't blame him for taking time off. Trying to be 2 managers at once takes a special talent just as being a great LM driver is. Hopes he finds the solution.

Gary
07-10-2015, 04:58 PM
Maybe he is tired of traveling so much. Traveling and winning is not so bad, but traveling and the car being out to lunch is tiresome. Especially for someone who had been winning.

I heard an interview with Darrell earlier this year that gave me the impression that he might not be driving full time sometime in the next few years. I think he wants to stay close to home and build cars instead of being on the road so much.

T-MAC39FAN
07-10-2015, 05:18 PM
I heard an interview with Darrell earlier this year that gave me the impression that he might not be driving full time sometime in the next few years. I think he wants to stay close to home and build cars instead of being on the road so much.

Now would b the time to do it after last yr steller preformance!

zyoung25
07-10-2015, 05:24 PM
Since he's off the tour, wonder if he'll show at the N/S in a couple weeks? It always seems to be a hot topic when that race comes around about why he's never there.

Doesn't matter to me there is always good cars there, one doesn't make or break the show.

rcmaster
07-10-2015, 05:43 PM
Since he's off the tour, wonder if he'll show at the N/S in a couple weeks? It always seems to be a hot topic when that race comes around about why he's never there.

Doesn't matter to me there is always good cars there, one doesn't make or break the show.

I thought he said at the Dream he was debuting a new car ?

Kwoods25
07-10-2015, 05:57 PM
Stuckey is at the track ALOT with EPJ.

george w
07-10-2015, 06:26 PM
Stuckey is at the track ALOT with EPJ. stovall mentions phone calls to him from the track has on more then three seperate interviews after wins and i havent seen them all. Dont quote me on this but i believe he was with him in the victory lane photo in one of the nights when he swepted the salina weekend, either that or one of the races around that time...... might of been the corning mlra race that epj an moyer dropped in on hell im getting old cant remember squat sometimes lol

chupp n bloomer fan
07-10-2015, 06:32 PM
Man when they took them electronic shocks away from Lanigan Bloomer Owens they can't get out of there on way love it lolBloomer can't get out of his own way? Lanigan and Owens yes, Bloomer isn't near as bad as they have been. Won't mention any races, but he isn't out to lunch like them.

chupp n bloomer fan
07-10-2015, 06:34 PM
Quick fix
Replace the chassis w a winning one right out of the box!And the quick fix last year, its namesake is dropping off the WoO tour and their number 2 isn't running well.

NormP
07-10-2015, 06:40 PM
We all knew it was going to be different this year with Richards coming back. But Im just as surprised as Clantons success as Lanigans lack of running good!

Judging by some of Richards' runs this year I don't think that factored into Lanigan's decision. Richards hasn't exactly set the world on fire.

And it's obvious to anyone with half a brain (not directing this at you 25drttrkr but just the situation in general) that Lanigan is doing the same thing Bloomer did. Taking a step back to get stuff lined out. Very smart move, and I'd say it will turn out for him like it did for Bloomquist--lots of wins after re-focusing.

zyoung25
07-10-2015, 07:12 PM
^^^^ we all know Lanigan isn't hurting for money, BUT he can probably make more money building and selling cars than racing. Just like Bloomquist...smart business decision IMO. It's not like he's announced his retirement.

I highly doubt the way anyone was running this year, other than himself, factored into his decision.

25drtrkr
07-10-2015, 07:12 PM
Stuckey is at the track ALOT with EPJ.

Yep! They have a LONG history!

plunks7
07-10-2015, 07:20 PM
I for 1 love it. JMHO

champion24
07-10-2015, 09:15 PM
After last year's dominance, gone from the tour a few months later! Surprising. Clanton didn't drop off the tour when times got tough! I do agree that the travel for WoO must be terrible when you're not running as well as expected.*

mud duck
07-10-2015, 09:24 PM
No matter what you think of Lanigan this is a huge hit to the WoO!

gorj
07-10-2015, 09:25 PM
I praise the tour regulars that year after year finish 6-12 in points and don't win races but continue to travel with the tour year after year and don't give up.

mud duck
07-10-2015, 09:31 PM
Yes, but with costs rising more and more those guys won't be able to continue that. The travel costs have to be killing them. I saw on one drivers Twitter page, there's only three heats tonight. That's not good.

IZZOJR16
07-10-2015, 10:50 PM
if I remember right Mars and Bloomer had the same struggles once they started to branch out with their own successful chassis.

T-MAC39FAN
07-10-2015, 11:05 PM
Its a tough bussiness. Only the strong survive.

Scott Boesel
07-10-2015, 11:26 PM
if I remember right Mars and Bloomer had the same struggles once they started to branch out with their own successful chassis.

I agree with this it seems like these last few chassis come in hot and get cold as fast as they got hot Bloomquist, Victory Circle, mb customs kicked butt there 1st few years then just faded fast it seems club is kinda heading in the same direction this is just my thoughts

blncfn57
07-11-2015, 07:08 AM
I agree with this it seems like these last few chassis come in hot and get cold as fast as they got hot Bloomquist, Victory Circle, mb customs kicked butt there 1st few years then just faded fast it seems club is kinda heading in the same direction this is just my thoughts

I don't think you can say the cars are "getting cold". Other than Lanigan (admittedly running an old car) and Owens (who went to a new team and ended up parting ways with his crew chief), the cars are doing pretty well. I'll bring up another point and this thread will disappear as it has every other time I've made mention of it on here.
The chassis business is tough, you have to sell your stuff to people you trust and just like in life, there's always that person you thought you could..... but shouldn't have. Once your competition gets a chance to thoroughly go over your product, you have to work harder to stay ahead. IMO Shinnston, WV is kind of an odd place for a chassis from Shreveport, LA to end up.

Josh Bayko
07-11-2015, 07:39 AM
Funny. These front runners nowadays in them Capital, Club29 and Longhorns they all Rocket Chassis alumni. :D

Not really. Just Clanton.

blncfn57
07-11-2015, 07:51 AM
Owens and his crew chief split while he was still with Reece.

Yes, almost a year ago now. Owens has not ran as good consistently since. My point still stands... the car is not the problem.

Josh Bayko
07-11-2015, 07:56 AM
Earl pearson drove a rocket, chub drove a rocket

EPJ drove a Rocket for a month or two about four years ago right before Longhorn even became a thing.

Chub did drive Rockets and switched to Longhorn to much fanfare. Results have improved a bit, but he still hasn't won a race in a couple years.

blncfn57
07-11-2015, 08:02 AM
Earl pearson drove a rocket, chub drove a rocket

I'm not sure when exactly Pearson ran a rocket (not doubting that he did), but I remember much of his success was in a MasterSbilt. His domination of the Lucas series was lost during the Longhorn deal for some reason. Could it be that not all these chassis are alike? I hear alot of folks on here saying that chassis does not matter. Pearson seemed good in MasterSbilt and now black diamond, surely he didn't forget everything he knew while driving the others.

blncfn57
07-11-2015, 08:16 AM
EPJ was in the mastersbilt before the longhorn I believe......his rocket days were with the original Dunn benson team and before.

And the post didn't say a race winner, it said front runners......which chub is now a days.

I just looked around and did find where he drove a Rocket in 2004. Then it looks like Masters 05 thru 09 and longhorn after that. I didn't see anything from before 2004.

correction: I did see where he drove a Rocket in 2009 with slick mist? Other results in 09 list mastersbilt as his chassis

Bumpandrun
07-11-2015, 08:38 AM
It shows everyone that it takes a team effort to be successful. You need everything to be clicking on all cylinders, including the driver, chassis, crew, etc. Everyone has their ups and downs, but it is sure amazing how much Lanigan has been off this year.

HikerDan
07-11-2015, 09:15 AM
Bloomer can't get out of his own way? Lanigan and Owens yes, Bloomer isn't near as bad as they have been. Won't mention any races, but he isn't out to lunch like them.

Yea, Ole bloomy is really laying it on Owens in the Lucas points after 23 races

1 6 Jonathan Davenport 3730
2 1 Earl Pearson, Jr. 3640
3 5 Don O'Neal 3580
4 20 Jimmy Owens 3560
5 0 Scott Bloomquist 3440

LMPunk
07-11-2015, 10:16 AM

3 5 Don O'Neal 3580
4 20 Jimmy Owens 3560
5 0 Scott Bloomquist 3440

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95SYdjRVCR0

Josh Bayko
07-11-2015, 10:39 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95SYdjRVCR0

Ron Simmons would have been better.

TS FAN
07-11-2015, 11:44 AM

The Josh Rice comment earlier was interesting. Someone needs to get this young man in their camp ASAP. He won't be a weekly runner at Florence much longer IMO

LMPunk
07-11-2015, 11:45 AM
Ron Simmons would have been better.

You are not wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dm9teEV1wEc

25drtrkr
07-11-2015, 12:13 PM
EPJ drove a Rocket for a month or two about four years ago right before Longhorn even became a thing.

Chub did drive Rockets and switched to Longhorn to much fanfare. Results have improved a bit, but he still hasn't won a race in a couple years.

Wrong! EPJ won 2 of his national championships driving Rockets!

Guess who was his crew chief........Mr. Stuckey.....Any questions?

t3r3e3
07-11-2015, 12:35 PM
I don't think you can say the cars are "getting cold". Other than Lanigan (admittedly running an old car) and Owens (who went to a new team and ended up parting ways with his crew chief), the cars are doing pretty well. I'll bring up another point and this thread will disappear as it has every other time I've made mention of it on here.
The chassis business is tough, you have to sell your stuff to people you trust and just like in life, there's always that person you thought you could..... but shouldn't have. Once your competition gets a chance to thoroughly go over your product, you have to work harder to stay ahead. IMO Shinnston, WV is kind of an odd place for a chassis from Shreveport, LA to end up.

You mean like when a chassis from Mooresburg ended up in Shinnston? I heard Blankenship took his up there, although it may not be true. Funny thing is I just don't see Bloomquist asking guys to bring other chassis to his shop so he can pore over them. Maybe he does, but I doubt it.

CarolinaDirt
07-11-2015, 01:09 PM
You mean like when a chassis from Mooresburg ended up in Shinnston? I heard Blankenship took his up there, although it may not be true. Funny thing is I just don't see Bloomquist asking guys to bring other chassis to his shop so he can pore over them. Maybe he does, but I doubt it.

Or when Bloomer had Jimmy O get a BWRC when Steve Francis and Davenport were on fire in them . He ran it one race then sold it .

blncfn57
07-11-2015, 01:46 PM

yes, I've heard the blankenship deal also.

blncfn57
07-11-2015, 01:48 PM
Wrong! EPJ won 2 of his national championships driving Rockets!

Guess who was his crew chief........Mr. Stuckey.....Any questions?

I'm not doubting you, but what years would this have been?

mud duck
07-11-2015, 01:55 PM
Everyone was on Lanigan for taking the Rocket and making changes, then calling it Club 29. It's just way the business works, Rocket is no better just ask Bloomer. Most don't like Lanigan because he just sort of comes across wrong. But, actually it's just his intensity and professionalism. There's no messing around with him at the track. Plus, how many times do you see him running over people to gain spots or wins like some guys do? For somebody who's professional and a clean driver, he sure gets a bad rap on here.

25drtrkr
07-11-2015, 03:28 PM
I'm not doubting you, but what years would this have been?

My bad 2004 only....He drove Rockets for Dunn Benson from 01-04 before switching to Mastresbilt in '05.

b1eagle
07-11-2015, 04:37 PM
That is funny Barry and Bloom are close friends.

chupp n bloomer fan
07-11-2015, 05:52 PM

3 5 Don O'Neal 3580
4 20 Jimmy Owens 3560
5 0 Scott Bloomquist 3440Where did I say he was laying it on Owens? You have a hard on for Bloomer, great. I said he was running better, did I look at points, obviously not. Bloomer was up front at The Dream. I honestly thought Owens was worse in points with how he has been running, but obviously him an Bloomer haven't been doing too hot.

blncfn57
07-11-2015, 05:55 PM
My bad 2004 only....He drove Rockets for Dunn Benson from 01-04 before switching to Mastresbilt in '05.

Thanks for the info. I couldn't find anything prior to 2004

Kwoods25
07-11-2015, 08:19 PM
Barry and Bloomer are real tight, he could go get a BWRC if he wanted too. and Owens dad bought the BWRC for him to drive because he was pissed at Bloomer for some reason

chupp n bloomer fan
07-11-2015, 09:04 PM
Barry and Bloomer are real tight, he could go get a BWRC if he wanted too. and Owens dad bought the BWRC for him to drive because he was pissed at Bloomer for some reasonBut it says Bloomer had Owens get a BWRC. Because ya know, Bloomer is his boss and all and pays his bills.

huskerdirt
07-11-2015, 09:41 PM
Lol....... This is some funny sh!t.

CarolinaDirt
07-12-2015, 06:41 AM
Its funny though where were all these comments of his dad buying it for him and this that and the other when there was a 6 page thread on 4m speculating about it when it happened rofl . Why would his dad buy the car when Mike Reece provided everything ? If he has that kind of coin why is his brother Kurt driving a street stock ? The point was , they ALL look at what other people are doing , especially if they are winning .