PDA

View Full Version : Sprint car fans

WisWildManFan
07-11-2015, 07:59 PM
Saw rico flip and win last night... Here's a link if u wanna watch https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lqbAF-C6Lz0

smoothoperator32
07-11-2015, 08:10 PM
Thanks for sharing that was awesome.

george w
07-11-2015, 08:13 PM
Noticed he got he first kn asphalt win recently aswell .

WisWildManFan
07-11-2015, 08:24 PM
Last weekend he won kn race sat night and usac midget on Sunday. IRA guys aren't top caliber but still very impressive. I was surprised he didn't get a truck ride for mud summer.

bonz45
07-12-2015, 07:26 AM
Impressive!!

edavis71
07-12-2015, 09:32 AM
WOW and I mean WOW!!! Very impressive!!!

swartzman
07-12-2015, 01:07 PM
If you have never gotten a chance to watch him race in person, that needs to be on your bucket list. He knows where the gas peddle is for sure!!

heinen81
07-14-2015, 03:49 PM
Last weekend he won kn race sat night and usac midget on Sunday. IRA guys aren't top caliber but still very impressive. I was surprised he didn't get a truck ride for mud summer.

"IRA guys aren't top caliber" lol that's a pretty bold statement from someone with zero experience to make that kind of assessment. Madsen is 0 for 3 with IRA this year and McCarl didn't win against them last year either. These are working guys who for the most part, do this out of their own pocket, with time spent in the shop after a full day on the job. These aren't million dollar touring teams, with that being said... they hold up just fine, and put on a great show. If you have drove a sprint car in the IRA, and beat them easily week in and week out, go ahead and knock them. Until then, go get another hot dog, sit down, and enjoy having 30+ 410 sprint cars running weekly in your back yard. That's a luxury alot of the country doesn't have.

bullring
07-14-2015, 04:10 PM
"IRA guys aren't top caliber" lol that's a pretty bold statement from someone with zero experience to make that kind of assessment. Madsen is 0 for 3 with IRA this year and McCarl didn't win against them last year either. These are working guys who for the most part, do this out of their own pocket, with time spent in the shop after a full day on the job. These aren't million dollar touring teams, with that being said... they hold up just fine, and put on a great show. If you have drove a sprint car in the IRA, and beat them easily week in and week out, go ahead and knock them. Until then, go get another hot dog, sit down, and enjoy having 30+ 410 sprint cars running weekly in your back yard. That's a luxury alot of the country doesn't have.

So tell me what about the statement "IRA isn't top caliber" isn't true. He never said anything negative about the Ira or the drivers. There a working class group and should be respected for that. But they aren't the World of Outlaws.

WisWildManFan
07-14-2015, 10:09 PM
"IRA guys aren't top caliber" lol that's a pretty bold statement from someone with zero experience to make that kind of assessment. Madsen is 0 for 3 with IRA this year and McCarl didn't win against them last year either. These are working guys who for the most part, do this out of their own pocket, with time spent in the shop after a full day on the job. These aren't million dollar touring teams, with that being said... they hold up just fine, and put on a great show. If you have drove a sprint car in the IRA, and beat them easily week in and week out, go ahead and knock them. Until then, go get another hot dog, sit down, and enjoy having 30+ 410 sprint cars running weekly in your back yard. That's a luxury alot of the country doesn't have.You pretty much just reaffirmed my statement... Top caliber would be national touring guys. You had one guy win championship multiple years and now he is traveling with NSL, if the IRA was top caliber he would be dominating that series as well. I enjoy the IRA and I'd rather have a cold one if I'm gonna be carb loading :)

Otokomae
07-14-2015, 10:58 PM
Is Rico going to be at the Knoxville Nationals?