PDA

View Full Version : Devin Gilpin/ Brownstown

hoodpin
07-12-2015, 11:14 AM
Heard some controversy at Brownstown last night regarding Gilpin? Anyone know what happened?

RoundNrOUND
07-12-2015, 11:34 AM
Was light at the scales and called Chad Stapleton a retard is what I was told.

zyoung25
07-12-2015, 11:35 AM
I read somewhere he was light at the scales and threw a fit. Other than that couldn't tell ya anything about what happened.

cratedaddyD21
07-12-2015, 11:51 AM
Heard he fired his jack man.....he forgot to add fuel.

Rollover
07-12-2015, 12:07 PM
read some of the comments on stapletons facebook and it said that when stapleton went over to talk to gilpin, devin told him to consider it a gift and apparantly he told the officials that they do whatever they can to cater to that f'n retard whenever they can. not sure how much of that is true just what is on there. i used to be a big gilpin fan but his tantrums over the past couple years have really turned me against him. still good driver though cant take that away from him. perhaps chris nunn has more info??

71PRPFan
07-12-2015, 12:41 PM
It's ok buddy even the Goat comes up light sometimes

hoodpin
07-12-2015, 12:53 PM
Sounds spoiled. he's definitely talented, but wont last long throwing fits.

golddirt
07-12-2015, 01:21 PM
sounds like another young late model driver

zyoung25
07-12-2015, 02:50 PM
The real dirty deal I thought was, those 2 appeared to be good friends up until this happen. They were always talking and laughing at the races. To say something like to a friend isn't cool.

non driving fool
07-12-2015, 03:24 PM
Spoiled rich kid throws another temper tantrum, who would of seen that coming! Now Brownstown showing favoritism to another racer-- I can see why his vagina would be sore, you might think somebody could have hung a toe on the scales to help the golden child out!

lb_sa
07-12-2015, 04:06 PM
He was probably light because of all the sheet metal he ripped off his own car getting to the front. I wasn't there, but that would make sense for Devin.

trackserviceinc
07-12-2015, 08:06 PM
lb_sa it wanst the case. Its unfortunate the issues afterward came up because if you are a racing fan, you wouldve enjoyed a very good race between all three gilpin, stapleton and oneal....... they raced door to door clean for the better part of 20 laps. As a friend of both of them (chad and devin), I hope they get any issues worked out so the fans can see that kind of racing again. Im not gonna quote on what either said or did after the race because it isnt my place....but as far as what happened on track neither touched each other or anyone else all night.

cratedaddyD21
07-13-2015, 08:28 PM
As a race fan, I am wondering if O'Neal wouldn't have seen the weight....what might have happened and how many times this might have happened??????

non driving fool
07-13-2015, 09:31 PM
WHAT??????? Could someone translate this for me , I'm having trouble understanding!

Okfine
07-13-2015, 09:44 PM
As a race fan, I am wondering if O'Neal wouldn't have seen the weight....what might have happened and how many times this might have happened??????

I would like to understand what you meant here, it sounds interesting.

RoundNrOUND
07-13-2015, 10:47 PM
I believe what he's saying is was it Marty O'Neal that seen Gilpin was lite and said something or did the Brownstown officials do it on their own. Also if he's saying that and it was Marty who said something, then how many times has he been lite or gotten away with other things. Not my question, just my interpretation of his.

non driving fool
07-14-2015, 07:14 AM
Litey--That you ??????

Clayton_Wetter
07-14-2015, 02:35 PM
I believe what he's saying is was it Marty O'Neal that seen Gilpin was lite and said something or did the Brownstown officials do it on their own. Also if he's saying that and it was Marty who said something, then how many times has he been lite or gotten away with other things. Not my question, just my interpretation of his.

This is a question that makes a valid point. Sometimes the truth is never uncovered, but non the less exists. Leaving one with nothing left but to wonder..

Nasty55
07-14-2015, 03:15 PM
Heard some controversy at Brownstown last night regarding Gilpin? Anyone know what happened?

Yeah he's a spoiled little punk who when something doesn't go his way he throws a fit!! Devin lets his attitude outweigh his success sometimes and this time it cost him.......

RoundNrOUND
07-14-2015, 04:10 PM
I wasn't asking the question, just helping everyone understand what I thought the other guy was asking.

spas
07-14-2015, 10:55 PM
from what I heard the 1st time he went across scales he was lite. so the officials sent him off to come around again just in case something was wrong with the alignment the first time he was on scales and when he did he drove through mud and the 2nd time he weighed over 2400 pounds so they decided that his weight was ok. but while they were checking to see how much mud he got on the car they realized his transponder was on the front bumper of the car instead of the rear axel tube which is where it is supposed to be.. so that is what he was disqualified for.... so basically if he would have kept his cool and stayed out of the mud and got back on the scales the 2nd time straight he would probably have got by with the transponder deal