PDA

View Full Version : First-Career Super Late Model Win Claimed by Austin Theiss

Ben Shelton
07-13-2015, 06:12 PM
For Immediate Release
July 13th, 2015

First-Career Super Late Model Win Claimed by Austin Theiss

Hockley, Texas (07/13/15) – During the course of his young career, Austin Theiss has enjoyed considerable success in the Modified ranks. On Saturday night the Texas driver collected a first-time accolade by claiming a Super Late Model victory in his Theiss Motorsports #7D GRT/Jay D ickens Racing Engine Super Late Model.

Traveling to Cotton Bowl Speedway (Paige, Texas) on Saturday night for an appearance with the South Texas Late Model Series (STLMS), Austin Theiss looked to record his first-career win in the Super Late Model ranks. After pulling off in his heat race due to mechanical failure, Austin battled back in the feature event. Starting at the tail of the field for the A-Main, Theiss wheeled his way to the front of the pack, ultimately capturing his first victory of the season. A caution flag with five laps remaining allowed Austin to propel himself from the 3rd position into the lead.

“I can’t describe how good it feels to get my first Super Late Model win,” noted Theiss. “We’ve been trying real hard, and even though I haven’t had the chance to get just a ton of seat time, I feel like we’ve been making major strides so far.”

Full results from this event are available at www.CottonBowlSpeedway.com .

This Saturday, July 18th Theiss will again return to Super Late Model action. He will enter a Weekly Racing Series Event at Southern Oklahoma Speedway (Ardmore, Oklahoma). For more information on the event, please visit www.SouthernOklahomaSpeedway.com .

Austin Theiss and Theiss Motorsports would like to thank their sponsors including Saye Plumbing Contractors, Inc., Northside Plumbing Supply, Nolls Automotive, Integra Racing Shocks, MB Customs Race Cars, Love Graphics, Razor Edge Graphics, Bodies by Theiss Motorsports, Mullins Race Engines, GRT Race Cars, Jay D ickens Racing Engines, Race Safe Technologies, DirtCarLift.com, and MSRMafia.com Marketing Services.

For the latest information on Austin Theiss, please visit www.AustinTheiss.com .