PDA

View Full Version : First Trip to Bulls Gap

Mason87
07-15-2015, 07:56 PM
I will be making my first trip ever to Bulls Gap for the Aug.20 lucas race and was wondering what to expect from the place. Any info would be great.Thnx

Okfine
07-15-2015, 08:43 PM
I will be making my first trip ever to Bulls Gap for the Aug.20 lucas race and was wondering what to expect from the place. Any info would be great.Thnx

In my only ever trip there, I was guests of a lucas team for a doubleheader weekend at bulls gap and tazewell and we stayed in the outside pits with them and viewed the race from the infield at bulls gap....

Kind of like watching a race from the bottom of a giant cereal bowl , very cool experience.

Not sure about availability or if first come first served, but there was a tiered off viewing area along the back stretch that looked like a pretty good spot to watch from.....maybe one of the locals could tell you more.

The year I was there , a car ended up in the catch fence near that area.....believe it was wolfenbarger maybe?

Have fun.

WisWildManFan
07-15-2015, 09:55 PM
I've stopped there last 2 years on way to Bristol. You can bring a cooler with beer, pop, food in pits but not in main grandstand. We would bring our lawn chairs and sit atop the wall on the backstretch in turn 3. Also they will let you in the infield if you have a pit pass which is pretty cool too. The earlier u get there the better spot u will get in the pits. Only thing that stunk was they had a pretty low car count last 2 times but the cars that are there are top talent.

MILLER7FAN
07-15-2015, 10:01 PM
I have been lucky enough to see a handful of races at the Gap. Never had a bad time/experience, and never seen a bad race. That place always put on a good show when I was there. I only went for Hav-A-Tampa, UDTRA, and Lucas Oil races. It's a real racey, high banked, fast, East Tennessee, orange clay/dirt track. We always parked on backstretch tier parking, you can park and watch from vehicle or they also have some bleachers. Might need a pit pass to do so because the pit area is right behind this area, not sure. We always bought pit passes. I would recommend these spots, we were always able to find a spot without being there before hot laps. Dern good facility for sure, right off interstate for easy access, and they even have a concrete driveway through the gate, literally. Enjoy it, should be one to remember.

WisWildManFan
07-15-2015, 10:12 PM
Miller fan correct need pit pass to be on back, worth the upgrade considering u can bring cooler. Think it was $38 last year

boceephus
07-15-2015, 11:33 PM
Live close by,been there many times .the Lucas race will be great. Local guys are zero and owens

Mason87
07-16-2015, 05:23 AM
Thanks guys, so from reading taking the tier parking would be my best option? Any input on the seating and what you would suggest. I'll most likely get pit passes. So I can walk through and get autographs with my daughter because she loves it. She met Jimmy Owens last year and that has become her favorite driver.

WisWildManFan
07-16-2015, 10:01 AM
Thanks guys, so from reading taking the tier parking would be my best option? Any input on the seating and what you would suggest. I'll most likely get pit passes. So I can walk through and get autographs with my daughter because she loves it. She met Jimmy Owens last year and that has become her favorite driver.We would always arrive too late to be able to park on the tier, I'm not sure how early you would have to get there to be able to park there. We would carry our lawn chairs in and usually find a spot to put our chairs on turn 3 tier.

b1eagle
07-16-2015, 01:52 PM
Try and go to the Gap once in your life.You won't be sorry,be sure to get a fried bolona sandwich.The pr man is real ugly and drives thur the pits real slow in a suv.We call him RW,stop and talk to him you will like him.

Okfine
07-16-2015, 05:02 PM
Try and go to the Gap once in your life.You won't be sorry,be sure to get a fried bolona sandwich.The pr man is real ugly and drives thur the pits real slow in a suv.We call him RW,stop and talk to him you will like him.

Excellent advice .......

Mason87
07-17-2015, 08:00 AM
Thanks again guys, I'm excited and can't wait.

ksmitty79
07-17-2015, 10:12 AM
Got to get you one of those Nachos. It has been a couple of years since I have been. The racing and the Nachos are Awesome..