PDA

View Full Version : Madden clears his schedule

johnE
07-15-2015, 08:48 PM
All dates have been cleared for the rest of 2015 on his schedule page at www.chrismadden44.com

T-MAC39FAN
07-15-2015, 10:40 PM
Yup all washd up for the yr. Startn fresh next yr.

GRT32
07-16-2015, 06:22 AM
He is working a job taking care of family waiting on a new longhorn

johnE
07-16-2015, 06:41 AM
Best wishes to CM and family. Maybe he'll make a few races with someone else's equipment, some LLM and ct525 events.

Okfine
07-16-2015, 07:54 AM
He is working a job taking care of family waiting on a new longhorn

He is not going to be out of racing THAT long is he?

Okfine
07-16-2015, 07:55 AM
Best wishes to CM and family. Maybe he'll make a few races with someone else's equipment, some LLM and ct525 events.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This

MotoMatt
07-16-2015, 08:19 AM
Maybe he just needs a little break like 21Jr took to clear his head and get back on track. It's tough out on the road and it's even tougher if you aren't doing as well as you want to be.

Josh Bayko
07-16-2015, 08:40 AM
A lot of fans don't understand how much of a grind racing can be sometimes. He's probably just burned out.

Okfine
07-16-2015, 08:46 AM
A lot of fans don't understand how much of a grind racing can be sometimes. He's probably just burned out.

I would say that Most of us on 4 m are connected to, work with or are somehow associated to a team, sponsor or track whether it be present or past, I think most of the people on 4m do get how big of a grind it is ( even on a local or regional level) and appreciate the moves that certain drivers make to come off the road and be with their families or take care of their family businesses.

But you are right, the casual fan has absolutely no clue.

Josh Bayko
07-16-2015, 09:09 AM
I would say that Most of us on 4 m are connected to, work with or are somehow associated to a team, sponsor or track whether it be present or past, I think most of the people on 4m do get how big of a grind it is ( even on a local or regional level) and appreciate the moves that certain drivers make to come off the road and be with their families or take care of their family businesses.

But you are right, the casual fan has absolutely no clue.

I wouldn't say most of 4M is connected or have been connected with a race team or track or whatever. Many of the more vocal posters fall into that category, but I don't think it's indicative of the overall base of posters here.

Okfine
07-16-2015, 09:37 AM
I wouldn't say most of 4M is connected or have been connected with a race team or track or whatever. Many of the more vocal posters fall into that category, but I don't think it's indicative of the overall base of posters here.

I would be curious to know what those percentages would be( somebody start a poll maybe?)..........I guess most is a pretty broad term, maybe I should have said more than half.

And I'll bet it's even higher than that if you encompass the parts suppliers, and all of the other racing affiliated businesses that have members that post on 4m
Guess my point was, 4m has a bunch of very knowledgeable racing members, and most if not all of them know of or have experienced the grind of following their passion.

Tireguy17
07-16-2015, 11:52 AM
I worked on a local Wissota modified for 21 of my 1st 32 years I was alive. We sold out at the conclusion of the 2010 season and honestly it's been a great 5 years not having to spend every night in the shop. Going racing is the easy part.

zach51
07-16-2015, 12:12 PM
I worked on a local Wissota modified for 21 of my 1st 32 years I was alive. We sold out at the conclusion of the 2010 season and honestly it's been a great 5 years not having to spend every night in the shop. Going racing is the easy part.

I graduated from college in 2009, wanted to be involved in racing though I knew through several wrecked cars and thousands spent, it wasn't going to be as a driver. I got an opportunity with a world of outlaws sprint team to go on a weekend run down in Baytown and Kilgore, absoultely wore me out, just 2 races in 2 days! I got home and realized it's much more fun just showing up to watch and going home.

b1eagle
07-16-2015, 01:29 PM
Good post,I have been there done that as a driver and crew chief.Look at Randy weaver now he went thru this and drove our car some.

TackyTracker
07-16-2015, 02:47 PM
Well Chris hope you get back soon... if not you had a pretty solid career

Trax53
07-16-2015, 03:51 PM
He will be back

LMPunk
07-16-2015, 07:35 PM
Man, that sucks. The Southern Nationals won't feel right without him there, just like the last couple months with the decent shows in the area haven't been. Hope everything's OK for him and he gets back out there.

1forthe$
07-16-2015, 10:17 PM
Burnout is for real.. even on the local level. I work on the fire/rescue side every Fri night...I do hope for rain or a break occasionally...but then I'm the first one to wanna load up the next night and drive 2 hrs to watch somewhere else. It's different when ur not in the stands and it becomes more and more like a job...as many of other 4'mers know I'm sure.

1forthe$
07-16-2015, 10:24 PM
And I hope Madden is back by The World... only about 56 days away boys!!!

T-MAC39FAN
07-16-2015, 11:24 PM
Madden will be back in a longhorn so he can continue his winning ways.

Okfine
07-19-2015, 12:18 PM
Madden will be back in a longhorn so he can continue his winning ways.

Great news .......