PDA

View Full Version : Bert oil pump drive belt

wallbangerII
07-20-2015, 09:17 AM
Can anybody please tell me how to keep a spare pump belt in a bert bellhousing ?
for the oil and fuel pump.

MasterSbilt_Racer
07-20-2015, 09:20 AM
Can anybody please tell me how to keep a spare pump belt in a bert bellhousing ?
for the oil and fuel pump.

Hold it between the pulley and the engine. Drill some small holes in your bellhousing and zip tie the belt to the bellhousing where it won't contact the installed belt.

lazermod3
07-20-2015, 05:27 PM
As MasterSbilt_Racer suggested that is the correct way to do this.However I have know racers that follow the Woo,Lucas series,and they have never thrown a belt.If you are using the HTD type belt,and you are breaking them,you have other issues.

rakracing
07-20-2015, 07:44 PM
I asked my car owner why he didn't mount a spare belt in the bell and he said if you break a belt it usually is followed by parts out the pan or the next time you race it, price of engines aint worth he risk.

powerslide
07-20-2015, 09:37 PM
I asked my car owner why he didn't mount a spare belt in the bell and he said if you break a belt it usually is followed by parts out the pan or the next time you race it, price of engines aint worth he risk.
thats probably the smart thing. we had ours like MBR suggested

rakracing
07-20-2015, 10:46 PM
I have one straped like mbr said also thats why I asked him why he didn't, also said gets a new one every year and if notices any stretch they change it.

FlatTire
07-21-2015, 11:05 AM
I had some mud get up in the bell housing one night that trashed the belt. I wished I would of had one ziptied in there! Had to spend time fixing that and didn't have enough time to adjust on the car. Put me behind the 8-ball the rest of the night.