PDA

View Full Version : Francis

NoWay
07-20-2015, 11:17 AM
Just read on twitter Steve Francis dropped off the tour

BadlandsBandit12
07-20-2015, 11:26 AM
I am not surprised, he did not look good last weekend and he has not looked good for some time this year.

flagone
07-20-2015, 11:27 AM
He isn't on the World of Outlaws tour. He is on the Lucas Oil tour. Their next event is the North South 100 which he said is their next race.

Franklin51
07-20-2015, 11:33 AM
Heard he may be out at CBR before long

Josh Bayko
07-20-2015, 11:37 AM

That would probably be the best thing for him. He's always been at his best in his own stuff.

Tireguy17
07-20-2015, 11:47 AM
CBR as a whole has been inconsistent all season, both Steve and Don. Gotta wonder how long Bowyer will continue to stick with the BWRC alliance. Its not like Steve and Don have forgotten how to drive, I think their chassis may be hampering them..?

rc24
07-20-2015, 12:03 PM
you think its the chassis? Look at Erb's performances since he has got out of the BWRC! Francis and O'neil have not even looked competitive this year.

hotshoe65s
07-20-2015, 12:06 PM
Put Oneal in a Longhorn car and let him give Davenport a run for his money on the cushion. That would be exciting to watch!

Pennsboro23
07-20-2015, 12:07 PM
That would probably be the best thing for him. He's always been at his best in his own stuff.

I agree, Francis was pretty tough the year before he got into the Bowyer ride. Since then, he has been less than impressive. I don't believe anybody has had much luck in that 15 car.

Josh Bayko
07-20-2015, 12:15 PM
Put Oneal in a Longhorn car and let him give Davenport a run for his money on the cushion. That would be exciting to watch!

Why does it have to be a Longhorn? Flavor of the month isn't always the best flavor for a driver.

T-MAC39FAN
07-20-2015, 12:21 PM
Why does it have to be a Longhorn? Flavor of the month isn't always the best flavor for a driver.

Its not flavor of the mo. Its chassis of the yr!

Highside Hustler25
07-20-2015, 12:34 PM
get back to us in a couple months and we'll see how that one comes out. got a feelin things will change soon.

TS FAN
07-20-2015, 12:42 PM
Good drivers need competitive cars. Simple as that. Nothing new under the racing sun.

Josh Bayko
07-20-2015, 12:42 PM
Its not flavor of the mo. Its chassis of the yr!

You do know there's a bunch more racing than just the Lucas series, right?

Rollover
07-20-2015, 12:45 PM
I heard bowyer is looking into black diamond chassis. Time will tell if thats true or not

Okfine
07-20-2015, 01:16 PM

They all want the hottest new thing.............right now, that's the longhorn chassis.

Call it flavor of the month, call it whatever you want........it's just a hot package right now.

Somebody could come up with the next best bearing for the pit cart drawers, by the end of the season every touring guy would have one.......nature of the beast.

TowerView
07-20-2015, 01:52 PM
Just read on twitter Steve Francis dropped off the tour

wrong Lucas is off until August 7-8

Josh Bayko
07-20-2015, 01:57 PM
They all want the hottest new thing.............right now, that's the longhorn chassis.

Call it flavor of the month, call it whatever you want........it's just a hot package right now.

Somebody could come up with the next best bearing for the pit cart drawers, by the end of the season every touring guy would have one.......nature of the beast.

Capital is just as hot right now, but nobody around here ever suggests a driver get one of those.

Tireguy17
07-20-2015, 02:28 PM
you think its the chassis? Look at Erb's performances since he has got out of the BWRC! Francis and O'neil have not even looked competitive this year.

Erb had 1 win in the BWRC this year. The 1st weekend on the Black Diamond he won a qualifying night at the Dream and finished 3rd in the Dream, and 2 more Summer Nationals wins since. I'd say his program has improved since getting out of the BWRC.

T-MAC39FAN
07-20-2015, 03:35 PM
Capital is just as hot right now, but nobody around here ever suggests a driver get one of those.

Casey roberts always did well in his capital car. Dk why he switched to longhorn unless he just wanted to try somthing different

biglaud32
07-20-2015, 03:54 PM
They need to switch to Club29/Black Diamond and put fresh Jay D!ckens engines under the hood! Oneal would be right back up front virtually over night. Oneal hasn't looked fast in the BWRC since the Show Me last year! All year long they've been out to lunch and it's sad because both drivers can drive but it looks like they're trying to race station wagons!!! It's been crystal clear since the start of the season...

chupp n bloomer fan
07-20-2015, 06:17 PM
Why does it have to be a Longhorn? Flavor of the month isn't always the best flavor for a driver.It's the only chassis made anymore. No other exist, they invented dirt racing and late model chassis. At least that's the message on 4m. Kinda dumb if you ask me.

NormP
07-20-2015, 06:42 PM

I hope that's the case. I was ready for him to jump ship about halfway through last year.

I agree, Francis was pretty tough the year before he got into the Bowyer ride. Since then, he has been less than impressive. I don't believe anybody has had much luck in that 15 car.

That was the year he was the house car driver for Barry Wright. They were on a tear. Then came the Bowyer ride, and he did about like Davenport did in it. Even though it was the same chassis brand as the year before, for both Davenport and Francis.

It's the Bowyer team, not the chassis. And I shouldn't even say team--it may be one guy in particular, whether it's Bowyer or a crew member. I don't know, but the common theme with every driver that has been on that team has been that it's a Bowyer ride.

keith94elliott
07-20-2015, 07:51 PM
could be the Penske shocks. I think oneals team ran ohlins last year.

plunks7
07-20-2015, 08:18 PM
I know of 1 guy out there that has been in his chassis for years. All he does is tweak a few things and Wins!!!! While all the other guys switch chassis every other month or year.

T-MAC39FAN
07-20-2015, 08:53 PM
I hope that's the case. I was ready for him to jump ship about halfway through last year.

That was the year he was the house car driver for Barry Wright. They were on a tear. Then came the Bowyer ride, and he did about like Davenport did in it. Even though it was the same chassis brand as the year before, for both Davenport and Francis.

It's the Bowyer team, not the chassis. And I shouldn't even say team--it may be one guy in particular, whether it's Bowyer or a crew member. I don't know, but the common theme with every driver that has been on that team has been that it's a Bowyer ride.

I have to agree w you on that norm p. Always the case w boyers team

T-MAC39FAN
07-20-2015, 08:56 PM
I know of 1 guy out there that has been in his chassis for years. All he does is tweak a few things and Wins!!!! While all the other guys switch chassis every other month or year.

Yea plunks. Barry knows his chassis . If he could focus on one car and driver like he did w his house car they would be back to winning.

Okfine
07-20-2015, 09:48 PM

Capitol has two drivers that have won races this year that I know of on a national or regional level....with clanton winning all but one of them.

Longhorn has multiple drivers winning in them all over the country.......Ziegler just won in his, davenport, ferguson,Roberts,have all won multiple times in theirs, chub running great again, boom making some noise , madden getting in one supposedly,and a backlog at the shop that is a head scratcher on who's do get done next.

Unless I'm missing something on the Capitol thing, I can't see exactly that they are just as hot.

Okfine
07-20-2015, 09:50 PM
Casey roberts always did well in his capital car. Dk why he switched to longhorn unless he just wanted to try somthing different

Because he liked the longhorn better......but he is one of those smart guys that can figure out exactly what he likes and make whatever he has work to the best of it's potential.

Okfine
07-20-2015, 09:52 PM

This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^.........it's not the equipment .

Okfine
07-20-2015, 09:53 PM

Yeah, but didn't birky retire???

Josh Bayko
07-20-2015, 10:25 PM
Capitol has two drivers that have won races this year that I know of on a national or regional level....with clanton winning all but one of them.

Longhorn has multiple drivers winning in them all over the country.......Ziegler just won in his, davenport, ferguson,Roberts,have all won multiple times in theirs, chub running great again, boom making some noise , madden getting in one supposedly,and a backlog at the shop that is a head scratcher on who's do get done next.

Unless I'm missing something on the Capitol thing, I can't see exactly that they are just as hot.

Every time somebody mentions Chub and Boom as feathers in the cap for Longhorn, I kinda laugh. Neither one of them has won a race in one yet. Not even a local show. How is that impressive?

hotshoe65s
07-20-2015, 10:39 PM
It doesn't necessarily have to be a Longhorn. But for Oneal's driving style it would fit him better than a club car. They just need to do something. Even if Bowyer is committed to Barry wright cars, at least be building different stuff constantly to try to find something to get better. I like Oneal and Francis and hate seeing them struggle, but that's the situation you'll find yourself in when you align yourself with a chassis builder. You'll live and die by it. Last year they were consistent enough for the championship, this year they are struggling to get top 10s.

Josh Bayko
07-20-2015, 10:43 PM
It doesn't necessarily have to be a Longhorn. But for Oneal's driving style it would fit him better than a club car. They just need to do something. Even if Bowyer is committed to Barry wright cars, at least be building different stuff constantly to try to find something to get better. I like Oneal and Francis and hate seeing them struggle, but that's the situation you'll find yourself in when you align yourself with a chassis builder. You'll live and die by it. Last year they were consistent enough for the championship, this year they are struggling to get top 10s.

Both Francis and O'Neal were winning races in MastersBilt cars before Bowyer. Perhaps MBH would be a good idea.

BAD INFLUENCE
07-20-2015, 10:48 PM
You got it Josh. Those BWRC are becoming the new Rayburn's and quick. This is a long time coming. O'neal won a couple last year, and the points and all, but geez he's not as fast as an Eldora push truck (Ramcharger #9), these days.

Okfine
07-21-2015, 07:44 AM
Every time somebody mentions Chub and Boom as feathers in the cap for Longhorn, I kinda laugh. Neither one of them has won a race in one yet. Not even a local show. How is that impressive?

Because they have VASTLY improved in theirs versus their last chassis........is why they are even mentioned.

But , since you brought it up.........what about the others that you conveniently dismiss because of your dislike for the brand.....weaver,JD,fergy,Rambo,Roberts,Ziegler etc....

It's the hottest most talked chassis going today.....things change, I'm sure they will level off.
But just by dismissing it doesn't mean it's not providing great ( or at the very least improved )results for almost everybody in them.

What's not impressive is your argument that the Capitol is " just as hot".

Why the longhorn hate???they deserve all the successes they are receiving.......they aren't jack asses, they deliver on their promises, offer excellent support and let's face it, the product is very good and they have worked VERY HARD to improve on a product that was floundering.

There are some much larger well known chassis producers that could learn a lesson or two from them to keep their cars relevant and in the game.

Josh Bayko
07-21-2015, 08:06 AM
Because they have VASTLY improved in theirs versus their last chassis........is why they are even mentioned.

But , since you brought it up.........what about the others that you conveniently dismiss because of your dislike for the brand.....weaver,JD,fergy,Rambo,Roberts,Ziegler etc....

It's the hottest most talked chassis going today.....things change, I'm sure they will level off.
But just by dismissing it doesn't mean it's not providing great ( or at the very least improved )results for almost everybody in them.

What's not impressive is your argument that the Capitol is " just as hot".

Why the longhorn hate???they deserve all the successes they are receiving.......they aren't jack asses, they deliver on their promises, offer excellent support and let's face it, the product is very good and they have worked VERY HARD to improve on a product that was floundering.

There are some much larger well known chassis producers that could learn a lesson or two from them to keep their cars relevant and in the game.

I have nothing against Longhorn. Props to them for putting out a good product.

What I'm over is the knob-gobbling of it.

Alex#242
07-21-2015, 08:28 AM
Maybe he will get in a good chassis like a swartz by boggs (JOKE)

zyoung25
07-21-2015, 09:03 AM
O'Neal did win a race this year, some may forger that. I feel like the shock switch has thrown them for a loop. I've noticed Ronnie hanging with Bowyer boys a bunch this year.

Okfine
07-21-2015, 09:59 AM
I have nothing against Longhorn. Props to them for putting out a good product.

What I'm over is the knob-gobbling of it.

I get that.........but before longhorn, there was always something else getting knob gobbled.....club 29 last year, rocket years before that etc....etc.

Again, nature of the beast..........it's hard not to talk about them though when they have produced 2 very long win streaks in 2015 against everybody else this year with national or semi national drivers in weaver and davenport.

Start throwing in the successes that the regional guys are having and it certainly merits coming up in the conversation a bunch.........especially since a mere 3 years ago people were using them as boat anchors.

Most improved by a country mile....

Okfine
07-21-2015, 10:01 AM
Maybe he will get in a good chassis like a swartz by boggs (JOKE)

Not sure about the ( by Boggs) Swartz, but the Swartz chassis in general is a fine piece..........

Wish more were out there.

Josh Bayko
07-21-2015, 11:06 AM
I get that.........but before longhorn, there was always something else getting knob gobbled.....club 29 last year, rocket years before that etc....etc.

Again, nature of the beast..........it's hard not to talk about them though when they have produced 2 very long win streaks in 2015 against everybody else this year with national or semi national drivers in weaver and davenport.

Start throwing in the successes that the regional guys are having and it certainly merits coming up in the conversation a bunch.........especially since a mere 3 years ago people were using them as boat anchors.

Most improved by a country mile....

Longhorn is very much improved. I'm not disputing that.

Capital is too, and I never see any buzz about that.

Every time a chassis switch is mentioned it's ALWAYS Longhorn. It's never Capital. It's definitely never Rocket (which is second in national touring wins), it's never Club 29/Black Diamond anymore either, even though EPJ looks completely rejuvenated in his.

There's more diversity in late model racing than there's ever been, and instead of encouraging it, it seems that 4M is determined to destroy that.

I'd actually like to see some of these bigger teams get into some of the less popular stuff. The MBH's, Swartz, Kryptonite and CVR's of the world.

As far as Bowyer, I don't think any switch is the answer. It's pretty clear they've got some issues that have little to nothing to with the actual equipment. They had some fantastic drivers in their stuff, and other than O'Neal last year, the results have always been pretty underwhelming.

welderron105
07-21-2015, 01:40 PM
Maybe Devin Moran will try a Kryptonite after he got in Freddy Carpenters Steel block and drove it from the tail to win on the slick as glass Skyline last fri.
Although he won both thur and fri in his Masterbilt, he was clearly outrun in his Super, till they put Freddy on the tail for spinning a lapped car.

Okfine
07-21-2015, 01:47 PM
Longhorn is very much improved. I'm not disputing that.

Capital is too, and I never see any buzz about that.

Every time a chassis switch is mentioned it's ALWAYS Longhorn. It's never Capital. It's definitely never Rocket (which is second in national touring wins), it's never Club 29/Black Diamond anymore either, even though EPJ looks completely rejuvenated in his.

There's more diversity in late model racing than there's ever been, and instead of encouraging it, it seems that 4M is determined to destroy that.

I'd actually like to see some of these bigger teams get into some of the less popular stuff. The MBH's, Swartz, Kryptonite and CVR's of the world.

As far as Bowyer, I don't think any switch is the answer. It's pretty clear they've got some issues that have little to nothing to with the actual equipment. They had some fantastic drivers in their stuff, and other than O'Neal last year, the results have always been pretty underwhelming.

I think your giving 4 m way to much credit , most of the guys that do it for a living view the gossip section of 4 m like a housewife does the national enquirer..........it's not taken very seriously and is viewed more as a fan club page more than it is about serious racing chatter.

Agree 100 times over about the bowyer teams.....it's not the equipment.

I have a question though about your rocket statement.......with clanton winning as much as he has nationally in the Capitol and JD and weaver stinking up the outcomes with all of their wins in a longhorn, and fergy with a couple wins in his how does rocket have the second most wins nationally?

Not saying your wrong, I just was shocked to see that because I didn't think their were enough " other " races even run yet to make up the balance in rocket wins.

You and I are more on the same page than we both think..........I think?

Nice dialogue.

Josh Bayko
07-21-2015, 02:13 PM
I think your giving 4 m way to much credit , most of the guys that do it for a living view the gossip section of 4 m like a housewife does the national enquirer..........it's not taken very seriously and is viewed more as a fan club page more than it is about serious racing chatter.

Agree 100 times over about the bowyer teams.....it's not the equipment.

I have a question though about your rocket statement.......with clanton winning as much as he has nationally in the Capitol and JD and weaver stinking up the outcomes with all of their wins in a longhorn, and fergy with a couple wins in his how does rocket have the second most wins nationally?

Not saying your wrong, I just was shocked to see that because I didn't think their were enough " other " races even run yet to make up the balance in rocket wins.

You and I are more on the same page than we both think..........I think?

Nice dialogue.

It's way closer than I thought even.

From a quick look at national touring results on the two tours...

12 wins for Longhorn
11 wins for Rocket
9 wins for Capital
7 wins for Club 29/Black Diamond
4 wins for Sweet/Bloomquist
3 wins for Victory
2 wins for Barry Wright
1 win for Hustler
1 win for MBH

Okfine
07-21-2015, 05:08 PM
It's way closer than I thought even.

From a quick look at national touring results on the two tours...

12 wins for Longhorn
11 wins for Rocket
9 wins for Capital
7 wins for Club 29/Black Diamond
4 wins for Sweet/Bloomquist
3 wins for Victory
2 wins for Barry Wright
1 win for Hustler
1 win for MBH

Hard to even believe that there have been 50 national races this year so far..........would be cool to see how the entire country stacked up ( mlra, clash,ultimate, etc.)

I would think if you added all the series together that the rocket guys would be a clear runaway leader just because of the number of guys that run them versus the much smaller number of guys running the newer chassis makes.

How about it Montana??any chance you have that info in your great repertoire of dlm knowledge.....

Wins by chassis manufacturer for the entire season so far cumulative or by series??( all major and sub major series??) not the weekly stuff.

NormP
07-21-2015, 05:32 PM
Both Francis and O'Neal were winning races in MastersBilt cars before Bowyer. Perhaps MBH would be a good idea.

I think Francis only ran a MastersBilt for about half a season before he hooked up with Barry Wright. He won a late season race with it, but I don't recall which one. It was in between the Rocket and the BWRC. Of course he might have been in one way back in the day, I don't know.

I would have liked to see it stay just him and the Wrights without the switch to Bowyer. He and Davenport both did well when they were just BWRC house cars without an affiliation.