PDA

View Full Version : Longhorn!!!!!

00Hdmn
07-21-2015, 01:45 PM
Just read the Billy Ogle Jr. debuted a new Longhorn and won out of the Box at Wythe with Vic Hill in a Long Horn in second. I know that a ton of people will be bashing this because of the hard on they have for the success of this chassis but I can tell you and I have said it since the Longhorn stable hired Kevin Rumbley that this would be one of the best cars built out there and they would succeed. Kevin is the smartest dude that I have ever had the privilege of talking to and personally I am glad they have done so well.

bleedblue55
07-21-2015, 02:33 PM
15 car late model feature, impressive.

T-MAC39FAN
07-21-2015, 02:53 PM

So what. Still only one winner no matter how many cars start.

formercrewguy
07-21-2015, 03:02 PM
This whole "chassii" thing cracks me up. One is NOT always better than another. It's shocks,and driver. Period.

TALON75
07-21-2015, 03:29 PM
So you're saying that a Longhorn got beat! That's not good for business!lol

Okfine
07-21-2015, 05:16 PM

No kidding, if the other 13 guys can't figure out how to get around two measily longhorns, their chassis combination must be awful.

Un impressive.

Okfine
07-21-2015, 05:20 PM
This whole "chassii" thing cracks me up. One is NOT always better than another. It's shocks,and driver. Period.

I was good with your comment until the " period" part.........the two things you mentioned are uber important, but to say that's only necessary to win races will get you scoffed at in small towns in Kentucky , upstate SC and Tennessee.

Drivetrain reliability, power play a pretty key component in getting a win.........and then there is the TIRE demon to figure out.

gorj
07-21-2015, 05:58 PM
I'm not a fan of big half miles, but Wythe is awesome. If you have never been, it's a treat. This track never draws big SLM car counts, but what you can count on is great racing. DoD coverage showed great racing with 15 cars.

bleedblue55
07-21-2015, 06:04 PM
No kidding, if the other 13 guys can't figure out how to get around two measily longhorns, their chassis combination must be awful.

Un impressive.

Yea I'm not impressed. Seen a better field of cars for a weekly show at Tyler Co. or Legendary Hilltop.

T-MAC39FAN
07-21-2015, 06:07 PM
I'm not a fan of big half miles, but Wythe is awesome. If you have never been, it's a treat. This track never draws big SLM car counts, but what you can count on is great racing. DoD coverage showed great racing with 15 cars.

You are exactly right gorj. Wythe is my favorate track all the way around w track surface as well as bathrooms along w great food. The only downfall is the weather there. Always seems like the big shows get raind out.

T-MAC39FAN
07-21-2015, 06:10 PM

Un impressive.

There were more than just 2 longhorns. Casey roberts and tim allen were in longhorns also.

Race fan1
07-21-2015, 06:54 PM
Stacy Boles as well..

Okfine
07-21-2015, 07:25 PM
There were more than just 2 longhorns. Casey roberts and tim allen were in longhorns also.

I know, was just being a smart A to bleed blue............Allen looked pretty good until something went south.
Believe Casey just got bit by a not so great tire choice.

Unbelievably, I've never been to the track..............yet!!

KynetixSolutions
07-21-2015, 07:37 PM
Okfine it's all good, those tires are the only thing touching the ground and if you don't get that part correct the rest of it doesn't matter. Chassis is just the platform you're working off of, it's the bolt on's and tires that matter, plus a good driver.

T-MAC39FAN
07-21-2015, 07:56 PM
I know, was just being a smart A to bleed blue............Allen looked pretty good until something went south.
Believe Casey just got bit by a not so great tire choice.

Unbelievably, I've never been to the track..............yet!!

Gotcha. If you can you need to go. The packer cars have there own race when packn in track. Theres about 7-8 of them

nuff said
07-21-2015, 08:20 PM
I think there were more than 15 cars in the features Davenport has won recently,and only 1 car has managed to get around him in that span.

Okfine
07-21-2015, 08:29 PM
Gotcha. If you can you need to go. The packer cars have there own race when packn in track. Theres about 7-8 of them

On the list........think I've been to about all of them in that region , but somehow have never made it to wythe.

Some buddies of mine that have driven some of the larger haulers in there have told me that getting in the place in a hauler is about as exciting as the race.

Okfine
07-21-2015, 08:30 PM
I think there were more than 15 cars in the features Davenport has won recently,and only 1 car has managed to get around him in that span.

The man does have a point.........

zyoung25
07-21-2015, 09:09 PM
I'm guessing Stacey Boles has one now too, since Billy drives for him?

LMPunk
07-21-2015, 09:44 PM
I'm guessing Stacey Boles has one now too, since Billy drives for him?

Boles started this season in a Longhorn while Ogle had been running a Rocket up until this week. The ones they run are from Randy Weaver. Longhorn by Weaver the decal says, whatever that means. Probably nothing.

CarolinaDirt
07-21-2015, 09:58 PM
Boles started this season in a Longhorn while Ogle had been running a Rocket up until this week. The ones they run are from Randy Weaver. Longhorn by Weaver the decal says, whatever that means. Probably nothing.

Shock package I'm guessing Rumley's run JRI's Weaver runs Ohlins

http://www.randyweaverracing.com/116sponsors.html

bleedblue55
07-21-2015, 10:29 PM
The man does have a point.........
Just not related to this thread. Stay on point.

plunks7
07-22-2015, 12:41 AM
Just not related to this thread. Stay on point.

okfine is on point. He works for Oakly sunglasses. He can say anything without getting DELETED. LOL

T-MAC39FAN
07-22-2015, 12:58 AM

Someone stated on another thread that longhorn doesnt have any dealers or distributors as I stated that weaver was one. Ik he had somthing to do w them more than just owning one.

bleedblue55
07-22-2015, 04:53 AM
Stop the presses, Donald McIntosh in a Rocket beat all them Horns last night at 411. Wait, only 19 cars at Southern Nats. race. Yawn.