PDA

View Full Version : trailer/ racecar insurance

cgs
07-21-2015, 02:09 PM
are there any comapanies out there that will insure my trailer and all the contents in the event of an on-highway accident or theft? my insurance company said no to the racecar being insured. and i mean worst case like an un-insured motorist. my insurance company said i could go after the other insurance company for damages to the racecar but what if they werent insured? planning on coming out to the midwest here shortly and running as much as possible and want some kind of piece of mind.
thanks in advance

billetbirdcage
07-21-2015, 03:14 PM
Try Hagerty.com - Classic Car Insurance‎

You say racecar to a normal insurance company and they will freak. it varies a ton and many will not cover a non titled racecar as they look at liability on the track.

Even many shop/home insurance's won't cover stored racecars, I know mine will cover anything as long as it wasn't bolted to the racecar. Like stolen race car from shop they won't cover anything but pull the engine and set it beside the car and it gets taken they will cover full replacement cost. Basically if the car is completely apart they would cover all of it but the frame, but assembled and nothing is covered.

Silly ain't it.

On a side note: I did check a few years ago with my truck insurance office and asked it my truck would cover pulling a trailer and racecar and surprisingly they said yes. However many times you get wrong answers, but this was a one time trip and I had them put it in writing so I knew I was covered for this trip. That was farm bureau insurance

billetbirdcage
07-21-2015, 03:53 PM
https://www.hagerty.com/Insurance/Motorsports-Insurance

Affordable

Costs less per year than a set of racing tires.

Specialty Coverage

We provide Guaranteed Value protection (which is not provided by your homeowner’s or your trailering vehicle’s policy) for theft, fire, floods, damage in the paddock, hurricanes, earthquakes and more!

Guaranteed Value Coverage

We understand how provenance, history and drivers make a huge impact in a vehicle's value. We'll work with you to determine the true value, and that's what we will pay in the event of a total covered loss. Guaranteed.

Everywhere but on the track or while racing

In the trailer, in the paddock, in storage, even for a parade lap or two — just not when it’s racing on the track. We can even cover you on the street if it’s a street legal race car.

powerslide
07-21-2015, 11:25 PM
The trailer and contents most places will cover. Racecar not so much...It's just like a camper. Keep receipts take pictures or do a walk through video to show everything just incase.

cgs
07-22-2015, 09:22 AM
thank you everyone!! i'll try hagerty and see what they charge. And take video of evrything in the trailer.

BMR
07-28-2015, 06:31 PM
www.kandkinsurance.com