PDA

View Full Version : Tyler Bare wins at Elkins Raceway. Virginia Motor Speedway up next..

prodirtcar32
07-22-2015, 08:14 AM
For Immediate Release:
July 22, 2015

Tyler Bare shines at Elkins Raceway, picking up his fifth feature win off the year; Virginia Speedway on tap next…

Tyler Bare and his team returned to Elkins Raceway this past weekend looking to better his July 4th runner up finish. With Fastrak sanctioned late models on tap twice at the Kerens, West Virginia 3/8th mile speedway, the team was looking forward to racing back to back at the same venue. A $2,000 to win, 40 lap Mid Ohio Valley Touring Race kicked the weekend off on Friday followed up with a $1,000 to win, regular feature on Saturday. When the dust settled, in the two races the team would bring home 3 top 5 finishes and would see Tyler record his 5th Feature win of the year. You read that correctly, it was not a typo, the team picked up 3 top 5 finishes in the 2 races run. Keep reading for more on that later in this press release.

Tyler and team unloaded his Booper Bare Racing owned; Wood Heavy Equipment Company sponsored MBH #30 to compete against 27 of the best crate racers in the Mid-Atlantic. Time trials would set the stage and the younger Bare would lay down the 3rd overall quickest lap followed up by a 2nd place finish in his heat race. With qualifying complete, Tyler would line up 6th on the feature grid. As soon as the green flag waved, the first 6 or 7 cars spent the race side by side, back and forth for the entire distance. When the checkered flag fell, Tyler had brought the Southlex Cattle Co. /Whites Truck Stop #30 home with a hard earned 4th place finish. The following night saw no time trials and the heat races would be the avenue that would set the feature line up. Tyler would finish third in his very competitive heat race, giving him the 6th starting spot in the feature. This race was arguably the best race out of all the classes during the weekend as the top 5 cars ran under a blanket for the entire distance. Tyler would patiently work his way towards the front and on the final lap go for broke, putting the Blue Grass Farms/Conner Produce Co. MBH on the high side entering turn No.3 and would carry momentum off turn 4 towards the checkered with the lead and the popular win. It was Tyler’s first career win at the West Virginia oval.

Now back to that 3 top 5 finishes in two races statement: When the team pulled into Elkins on Friday, they had the back-up car with them as they have in the past but the thing different this weekend was that the #30 was replaced with a #00 and team owner Booper Bare entered the weekend’s events. A decision was made earlier in the week to enter the #00 in some races down the stretch to keep the team sharp on both the Rocket and the MBH setups in order to have the cars ready at all times in case Tyler would need to hop from one car to the other in his quest for the Virginia Speedway Track Championship. A second reason was to be able to give the team’s great sponsors twice the exposure in a few high profile races this fall. This past Friday was the first race for Booper and he did not disappoint in the Rhodenizer Heating & Air /K.R.S. Graphics sponsored Rocket. After only a few hot laps Booper, would lay down the 8th quickest lap in time trials followed up with a win in the fourth heat race. Rolling off outside of row two in the feature, anyone who thought there might be team orders knew right away they were wrong as father and son battled inside out, side by side throughout the course of the race. When the dust settled Booper would best his son by two positions and bring home a great runner up finish in his first start since February of 2014. Unfortunately, the next night was a little rougher for the DeSigns/Keyser Manufacturing #00 as contact with another car, just a few laps into the race would knock the #00 out of the feature with a bent suspension part. All in all it was a great weekend for the whole Booper Bare Racing team.

“I was more excited about racing side by side with Dad than I was the win this weekend. That was fun, we raced each other clean and hard and I can tell you, that old man can still drive his tail off” laughed the younger Bare when reached at the teams Rockbridge County race shop Monday evening. “It was a great weekend, I love racing there and my crew gave me a great car both nights. Saturday, on that last lap, I knew my car was good and it would stick, I thought I’d probably finish 1st or 3rd at the line. We do not race to finish 2nd, so I went to the top and the momentum carried me off the corner with the win. I am sure there will be times when that won’t work for me but I am glad it did this time. I was happy to put my sponsors in victory lane again; the competition is so tuff everywhere we go, I feel very fortunate with the great runs we have been having. I really owe it to my Dad, Mom and family as well as the crew. It was an extremely hot weekend and we were hustling at times to change both cars around. I couldn’t do this without them” added Tyler.

This coming weekend, the team plans to return to Virginia Motor Speedway for their Aaron’s Pro Late Model race on Saturday night. You can find last minute, up-to-date information and results every week on the team’s twitter account @tylerbareracing.

Sponsor Spotlight – Wood Heavy Equipment Company – Fisherville, Virginia:
Established in 1983 by Gene Wood, who saw the need in the area for a company to provide clientele with an outlet to purchase, sell or rent any type of Heavy Equipment needed to get the job done. Over the years Wood Heavy Equipment Co. has expanded their inventory to include anything from Skid Steers to 125,000 lbs excavators and everything in between. Their full service repair shop includes 5 fully trained technicians, all with at least 10 years experience within the company. Their knowledgeable staff can handle complete engine & transmission overhauls along with any other repair needed to get you back on the job site.

In today’s economic recovery, Jeff Wood and his friendly staff can put you in a rental, giving your company an affordable avenue allowing it not to miss a beat in today’s competitive business market. 2015 marks the 32nd year the Wood Family has owned and operated Wood Heavy Equipment Co. Give them a call at (540)337-1000 for service that lasts way beyond their 7:00 – 5:00 business hours.

This makes the 4th year that Wood Heavy Equipment Company has been a part of Tyler & Booper’s racing endeavors. As a family owned race team is an honor to be associated with such a respected family owned business.

Tyler Bare and BBR would like to thank all of their Marketing Partners:
Blue Grass Farms, Conner Produce Co., CSF Cattle Co., DeSigns, K.R.S. Graphics, LEE-HI Truck Parts, Octane Race Products by Poskes, Rhodenizer Heating & Air, LLC., Southlex Cattle Company, Sunoco Race Fuels, Wood Heavy Equipment Co. and World Wide Racing Fuels along with associate support from… Abshire’s Handyman Service, Bill Weeks Garage, Brinn Transmissions, Close Racing Supply, Davis Auto Electric, HTMA/Hoosier Tires, Keyser Manufacturing, Penske Racing Shocks, and Rocket Chassis.

2015 Stats:
Starts: 18
Wins: 5
Top 5: 13
Top 10: 15
11-15: 1
15-20: 2
DNF: 2

Current Points:
Virginia Motor Speedway – 1st
Fastrak National Touring Series – 4th

Upcoming Racing Schedule: (Subject to change)
July 25th – Virginia Motor Speedway
August 1st – TBA
August 8th – Virginia Motor Speedway
August 15th – Virginia Motor Speedway

Prepared & distributed by KRS Graphics Motorsports Media