PDA

View Full Version : FALS Weather

DarrellGoode
07-22-2015, 12:26 PM
I'm starting to see rain chances for Saturday. Never been to that track. Do they have good equipment to try to get the show in? I got burned at Wheatland back in May and I really don't wanna go trough that again.

quicktime00
07-22-2015, 12:27 PM
The FALS crew will do everything in their power to get the show in.

WisWildManFan
07-22-2015, 12:40 PM
Take a page from eldora and start heats at 1:30am :)

t4g2
07-22-2015, 12:47 PM
Ya they work there butts off to get this in besides I'm pulling up weather its to rain Fri nite at 2 am so I guess sat morning. Then not again til 11p sat nite.so things shud be all good.

dirt crow
07-22-2015, 01:34 PM
It ain't gonna rain. ...Positive thoughts.

CIRF
07-22-2015, 01:38 PM
NOAA forecast shows a 30% chance of rain on Saturday during the day but no mention of rain for Saturday night.

Fairbury has implemented some funky (and in some cases a bit unfair) rain out policies in the past. That would be my only concern.

The last I knew Fairbury had a curfew so there probably won't be any 2:00 AM feature starts.

Aftershock
07-22-2015, 01:48 PM
NOAA forecast shows a 30% chance of rain on Saturday during the day but no mention of rain for Saturday night.

Fairbury has implemented some funky (and in some cases a bit unfair) rain out policies in the past. That would be my only concern.

The last I knew Fairbury had a curfew so there probably won't be any 2:00 AM feature starts.

I don't believe they are under a curfew. They have several pieces of equipment ready to prepare the track if need be. If anything, Saturdays showers are scattered at best.

Catfish N Rice 11
07-22-2015, 01:55 PM
DONT JINX IT. Im not comin 4 1/2 hours to watch it pour the *bad word* lol

CIRF
07-22-2015, 05:37 PM
Uh oh. NOAA has upped the chance of rain in Fairbury to 40% Saturday night.

FALS
07-22-2015, 06:44 PM
No curfew, and quit being debbie downer (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word).

Highside Hustler25
07-22-2015, 06:49 PM

Well you're going to a sprint car race so....:rolleyes:

CIRF
07-22-2015, 08:26 PM
No curfew, and quit being debbie downer (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word).
Are ya' sure about the curfew?

In regards to the Saturday night weather prognostication, don't blame me, blame NOAA. Don't hate the messenger 'cause ya' don't like the message. And who is this debbie downer you so disparagingly speak of? What has she ever done to you?

Well you're going to a sprint car race so....:rolleyes:

Say what? No sprint car race is within reasonable driving distance from us, at least not one we're interested in enough to go to. Not sure what the he!! your talking about and it appears you don't either.

FALS
07-22-2015, 08:40 PM
Well you obviously arent going to the PDC, otherwise you wouldnt be saying uh oh 40% chance of rain. This is Illinois in July, the weather changes everyday and the weather man isnt always right. Just keep your weather tracking to yourself and all of us at the race will have the time of our lives. Mike the announcer for FALS has tweeted that there is not a curfew for Sat. A couple of months ago when JD showed up for a regular night of racing, qualifying started at 10pm, racing didnt get over until after 1am.

t4g2
07-22-2015, 08:58 PM
Even If there was a curfew I would think the town is smart enough to wave it esp for this weekend. Anyone at the track yet? Just heard forecast shud b all good only chance is late sat nite

rc24
07-23-2015, 09:10 AM
Every one that lives in town is at the race track watching or working the show! Great community!

TowMan1
07-23-2015, 09:23 AM
FAIRBURY HAS NO CURFEW! They say that every week folks. This crew will do eveything in their path to get the race in and the track prepped amazing for it! They are truly the best!

CIRF
07-23-2015, 11:00 AM
Well you obviously arent going to the PDC, otherwise you wouldnt be saying uh oh 40% chance of rain. This is Illinois in July, the weather changes everyday and the weather man isnt always right. Just keep your weather tracking to yourself and all of us at the race will have the time of our lives. Mike the announcer for FALS has tweeted that there is not a curfew for Sat. A couple of months ago when JD showed up for a regular night of racing, qualifying started at 10pm, racing didnt get over until after 1am.

Some of you Fairbury folks are a different breed (that's a nice way of saying a little strange), aren't you?

Some of you get all pissy about a post stating the current weather prediction for the weekend in a thread titled "FALS Weather". Hehehe!! Some of ya' are very easily upset and that's humorous!!

As far as me being at Fairbury this weekend, none of you know if we'll be there or not, now do ya'? However, did any of you genius's wonder why someone/anyone would be keeping their eye on the weekend weather if they have no intentions of being in the area to watch a dirt track race? Hehehe!!

Very strange, indeed.

FALS
07-23-2015, 11:09 AM
Strange and superstitious indeed. Its almost Christmas in July, hope you enjoy your trip. Sorry for gettin pissy.

Cardirt0
07-23-2015, 12:39 PM
Are ya' sure about the curfew?

In regards to the Saturday night weather prognostication, don't blame me, blame NOAA. Don't hate the messenger 'cause ya' don't like the message. And who is this debbie downer you so disparagingly speak of? What has she ever done to you?

Say what? No sprint car race is within reasonable driving distance from us, at least not one we're interested in enough to go to. Not sure what the he!! your talking about and it appears you don't either.

No Curfew ..Track is run by the Town.. As a hole the town Loves racing,,,,,,Most of the people work 2 or 3 races for free there then more people take there place.. They LOVE there Track........

CIRF
07-23-2015, 12:45 PM
Strange and superstitious indeed. Its almost Christmas in July, hope you enjoy your trip. Sorry for gettin pissy.

No problem, FALS, and no need for an apology. I now clearly appreciate your anticipation of "Christmas in July". I have felt the same way many times.

This is going to be a great racing weekend for us with Fairbury being the meat in the sandwich of a Thursday night Silver Crown show over at ORP near Indy and a Tuesday night USAC National Midget show at Beloit, Kansas on our way to the 3 night show at The Belleville Midget Nationals at Belleville, Kansas the following weekend.

We're pulling out right now for Indy and this starts a 10 day period of racing that we've anticipated since January of this year.

We'll keep our fingers crossed that Mother Nature is kind for all the racing action and all of our Christmas wishes come true!

Hope you have a great time this weekend, FALS!!

TackyTracker
07-23-2015, 12:54 PM
show will be fine... Wow

dirt18
07-23-2015, 07:10 PM
Is there a rain date for SAT.? Sunday????? time???

CIRF
07-23-2015, 08:04 PM
show will be fine... Wow

Do we have your solemn word on that? Do you have a direct line to Mother Nature? lol

Pops15
07-24-2015, 07:25 AM
The curfew was dropped when they invested in reconfiguring the track 25 or so years ago.

CIRF
07-24-2015, 08:09 AM
Thanks for setting me straight on the curfew, Pops. I'll concur in deference to you since you usually know what you're talking about.

Back when I still worked as a crew member on a late model team there was a night at Fairbury when the lights went out and they couldn't get them to come back on and it was announced that if they couldn't get the late model feature started by 11 PM (I think) then they would have to call off the racing and run the feature as a make up race at a later date. This was quite a while ago but usually when those rules are agreed upon they don't get retracted. Just another of my many errors!

Thanks again Pops, it's good to hear from you again!!

CIRF
07-24-2015, 08:21 AM
Uh-oh! The NOAA weather forecast now shows a 50% chance of rain Saturday night. That's up from 40% earlier in the week.

Glad we live close to Fairbury, just in case.

Not sayin', just sayin'!

WisWildManFan
07-24-2015, 08:31 AM
100% chance of black sunshine

Highside Hustler25
07-24-2015, 08:38 AM
Uh-oh! The NOAA weather forecast now shows a 50% chance of rain Saturday night. That's up from 40% earlier in the week.

Glad we live close to Fairbury, just in case.

Not sayin', just sayin'!

Not rain CIRF, but scattered thunderstorms. If you want to play Mr. Meteorologist, you have got to get the lingo right.

CIRF
07-24-2015, 08:49 AM
Sorry HH. I'll do my best to be more precise in the future.

Did ya' ever figure out where the sprint car race is that I'm supposed to be going to this weekend. LOL!!

cdustyr1
07-24-2015, 08:52 AM
Some of you Fairbury folks are a different breed (that's a nice way of saying a little strange), aren't you?

Some of you get all pissy about a post stating the current weather prediction for the weekend in a thread titled "FALS Weather". Hehehe!! Some of ya' are very easily upset and that's humorous!!

As far as me being at Fairbury this weekend, none of you know if we'll be there or not, now do ya'? However, did any of you genius's wonder why someone/anyone would be keeping their eye on the weekend weather if they have no intentions of being in the area to watch a dirt track race? Hehehe!!

Very strange, indeed.

Thats a great response CIRF - some of us are a little on edge around here, this a huge weekend for all us. Hope you make it out. If you do stop by and say hello at the simulator.

CIRF
07-24-2015, 09:04 AM
Not rain CIRF, but scattered thunderstorms. If you want to play Mr. Meteorologist, you have got to get the lingo right.
Okay, I just checked again HH and NOAA makes no mention of "scattered" just says 50% chance of showers and thunderstorms. But then again, if there's a 50% chance then the precipitation probably will be scattered.

Thats a great response CIRF - some of us are a little on edge around here, this a huge weekend for all us. Hope you make it out. If you do stop by and say hello at the simulator.
We'll be there for sure if the weather radar looks favorable, cdustyr. And, we'll stop by and say "hi" at the simulator, too. Lookin' forward to it.

We've been disappointed with Fairbury's unpredictable and erratic rain-out policies in the past and have learned the hard way to be well aware of any possible weather complications. Hopefully that won't be a factor.

Highside Hustler25
07-24-2015, 09:06 AM
Sorry HH. I'll do my best to be more precise in the future.

Did ya' ever figure out where the sprint car race is that I'm supposed to be going to this weekend. LOL!!

sprints, midgets, dunebuggys, all in the same my friend.lolhave you got it figured out yet? You can only be at 1.

skids
07-24-2015, 09:51 AM
Okay, I just checked again HH and NOAA makes no mention of "scattered" just says 50% chance of showers and thunderstorms. But then again, if there's a 50% chance then the precipitation probably will be scattered.

We'll be there for sure if the weather radar looks favorable, cdustyr. And, we'll stop by and say "hi" at the simulator, too. Lookin' forward to it.

We've been disappointed with Fairbury's unpredictable and erratic rain-out policies in the past and have learned the hard way to be well aware of any possible weather complications. Hopefully that won't be a factor.

The FALS rain out policy has been the same for as long as I can remember. It is clearly posted that there are NO cash refunds.... rain checks only. They go further than most tracks in that they allow the rain checks to be used for face value at any remaining races instead of only at the make up date. I see nothing unpredictable or erratic about it. Been that way a long time.

Now, if you wanna say it may be a little "inconvenient" for out of towners on the big races, then, yes, I would tend to agree. Somebody that comes from a long distance may have trouble getting back for another race to redeem their rain check. The day Eldora or any of the other well known tracks start giving cash refunds, then we can discuss FALS changing their policy. Until then, it is what it is. But unpredictable it isn't.

CIRF
07-24-2015, 11:30 AM
The FALS rain out policy has been the same for as long as I can remember. It is clearly posted that there are NO cash refunds.... rain checks only. They go further than most tracks in that they allow the rain checks to be used for face value at any remaining races instead of only at the make up date. I see nothing unpredictable or erratic about it. Been that way a long time.

Now, if you wanna say it may be a little "inconvenient" for out of towners on the big races, then, yes, I would tend to agree. Somebody that comes from a long distance may have trouble getting back for another race to redeem their rain check. The day Eldora or any of the other well known tracks start giving cash refunds, then we can discuss FALS changing their policy. Until then, it is what it is. But unpredictable it isn't.

Well skids, what's unpredictable to one may be completely predictable to you.

How long can you remember?

Never once thought we should get a cash refund, ever!! That said, we've been very careful for a while not to chance a rain out at Fairbury.

Wasn't there some controversy at FALS last season with a rain out of the b-mains and the features (or maybe just the features). And didn't a spectator have to attend 3 separate events in order to see all 3 features. I'm sure you have an excuse.......oops, I mean a plausible and credible explanation for that.

In our case there isn't too much inconvenience since we live pretty close to Fairbury, well within an hour.

Oh, and FYI. I have, in fact received a cash refund from Eldora Speedway for a rain out and I can prove it. After the World Hundred was rained out 3 years in a row back in the late 1980's and early 1990's we weren't able to come back for the make up date of any of those events due to work obligations given that we are self-employed in a time sensitive profession. The February following the 3rd straight rain-out of the World we ran into Earl and Berneice Baltes at East Bay and was having a casual conversation among myself, 2 friends who were acquainted with Earl, and Earl and Mrs. Baltes. In the course of the conversation Earl asked us if we attend Eldora regularly and happened mention that I attend the World every year since the early '80's and that I had been forced to eat tickets to the World 3 years in a row. Without batting an eye Earl said to give Mrs. Baltes my name, address and phone number. He said to send the rain check of all 3 Worlds that I'd missed due to career obligations and he'd give me a refund for 1 year's tickets. I sent the ticket stubs off as soon as we got back from Florida and I had a check from Eldora Speedway in about a month. Now, this was a rare exception and this wouldn't happen today but, rest assured, it did happen then. I obviously have never forgot that conversation and I will forever speak highly and be thankful to Mr.. & Mrs. Baltes.

True story skids, did ya' like it? lol

Just to give you a dose of reality that may not sit well, FALS is not Eldora, nor is it Knoxville, nor is it Perris. What it is is a dam good weekly track that hosts a relatively large annual dirt late model event. Not quite a crown jewel but a nice event, nonetheless.

Sorry for the marathon post, but I knew you'd be entertained with the Eldora story.

plunks7
07-24-2015, 04:35 PM
Got refunded at Knoxville one year. Came in the mail full refund.

TackyTracker
07-25-2015, 12:48 PM
looks like a 40-50% chance with a possibility the storms could be severe...

Baddboy1
07-25-2015, 01:40 PM
No problem, FALS, and no need for an apology. I now clearly appreciate your anticipation of "Christmas in July". I have felt the same way many times.

This is going to be a great racing weekend for us with Fairbury being the meat in the sandwich of a Thursday night Silver Crown show over at ORP near Indy and a Tuesday night USAC National Midget show at Beloit, Kansas on our way to the 3 night show at The Belleville Midget Nationals at Belleville, Kansas the following weekend.

We're pulling out right now for Indy and this starts a 10 day period of racing that we've anticipated since January of this year.

We'll keep our fingers crossed that Mother Nature is kind for all the racing action and all of our Christmas wishes come true!

Hope you have a great time this weekend, FALS!!

No flip flops or weedeaters at FALS tonight ,so no bad weather. Already at the track enjoying the prep.Waiting for the Christmas in July.

Highside Hustler25
07-25-2015, 01:50 PM
Forecast appears to be very small but strong, scattered cells. May I add, very scattered. By 11:00, I'll be ready for a good rinsing anyway.

plunks7
07-25-2015, 02:10 PM
Whether looks great up here near Sycamore Speedway tonight. They are having their annual bubble gum race for the kids!!! I heard Litey is coming!!! :cool:

Chew gum and walk at the same time. LOL I would love to see that.

plunks7
07-25-2015, 02:13 PM
Got a refund at KKK one night, just smacked the shT out of the owner... He was happy to hand it over at that point. ;)

Now this is politically correct in my book!!!!!

Highside Hustler25
07-25-2015, 02:15 PM
Got a refund at KKK one night, just smacked the shT out of the owner... He was happy to hand it over at that point. ;)

Alright, make up yer mind. You can be Bloomer Jizzzzzzzzzzzzz or Johnny Lightning but you can't be both:D

plunks7
07-25-2015, 02:18 PM
Alright, make up yer mind. You can be Bloomer Jizzzzzzzzzzzzz or Johnny Lightning but you can't be both:D

Would that be classified as Identity theft? :)

TackyTracker
07-25-2015, 03:05 PM
any sprinkles down there????

bullring
07-25-2015, 03:12 PM
No. Dry so far

plunks7
07-25-2015, 06:11 PM
any sprinkles down there????

Sprinkles are for winners. :) Go get some ice cream Champ. This message has been brought to you by progressive Ins. And Flow. LOL
Its a little funny.:)