PDA

View Full Version : Eldora thoughts!

play4kps
07-23-2015, 11:06 AM
What gives, the best race by far was the late model feature last night, without Bobby Pierce the Nascar would have totally sucked! Why so many caution laps, at least 5 or 6 laps, every single time! Im sure they use transponders, I don't get why we have to watch so many laps go by without racing and counting down the laps! There was a caution at lap 47 last night, and they wasted of 13 laps of watching trucks complete lap after lap with no racing!

W2Racing09
07-23-2015, 11:09 AM
What gives, the best race by far was the late model feature last night, without Bobby Pierce the Nascar would have totally sucked! Why so many caution laps, at least 5 or 6 laps, every single time! Im sure they use transponders, I don't get why we have to watch so many laps go by without racing and counting down the laps! There was a caution at lap 47 last night, and they wasted of 13 laps of watching trucks complete lap after lap with no racing!

Its on live TV, they need to have time for commercials. Just like any other sport (Football - TV Timeouts, Hockey TV Timeouts, etc)

Thanks,
Jeff.

plunks7
07-23-2015, 11:27 AM
If it's on Dirt they should use the rules that apply for dirt. Like don't add laps on caution. And get some dirt announcers that have a clue!! They must have said the Dillon's name 200 times. I also would like for them to show the whole program. Show the Late Models Live!!! I loved the outcome the best. They might want to think about getting rid of the glass window and use tear offs. Put a cage in.

WVRACEFAN
07-23-2015, 12:13 PM
Ralph shaheen has been calling dirt races for many years.

CIRF
07-23-2015, 12:20 PM
As much as some would like them to be, dirt late models were not the headliner. The headliner was NASCAR trucks and that is the only reason for live TV coverage. It is understandable that we, as dirt late model fans, would want our dirt late models on live TV but that isn't why the TV cameras were there.

For whatever reason NASCAR, among other major sanctions, seemingly waste many competition laps on minor cautions. It is even very frustrating at places like The Springfield Mile and Du Quoin Mile to see the ARCA cars ride around on a caution that should take at the most 2 laps to sort out and they end up running a half dozen laps under caution. I've also seen this stuff happen at Cup races at places like Michigan, Talladega and Daytona and it appears from a spectator point of view that it makes no sense whatsoever.

As far as the announcers are concerned, TV's major concern is that the announcing crew is familiar with the division that happens to be the headliner. Just the way it is, but it is a pain when they're not as knowledgeable as they could be. Who could FS1 have brought in that would have extensive dirt racing knowledge and also have the TV experience to satisfy the network. Not everyone is capable of doing national TV.

TS FAN
07-23-2015, 03:43 PM
I DVR everything and start watching a couple hours in. A lot less annoying with the caution laps and certainly the commercials. HOWEVER it seem FS 1 has a real problem with not allotting enough time for the race. If you do not set the recording for the next couple of shows, you miss the end of the races. Fortunately they repeated the show at about 4 AM and I added the next two programs, got up this morning and watched the last 40 laps i missed. As for as the broadcast, I did not think the boys in the booth were all that bad. JMO of course

dirt33
07-23-2015, 04:24 PM
Ralph shaheen has been calling dirt races for many years.

When he is actually at the race, he's decent. He and Dillner calling the Lucas LM races while looking at a monitor is a room somewhere makes for an incredibly lame production.

Crashmagnet
07-23-2015, 04:36 PM
It was easily the best race that NASCAR will have all season across all the major series. Huge congrats to Bobby Pierce.

drano
07-23-2015, 04:49 PM
It was a good run by Pierce and congrats, but the story to me is the owner Mike Mittler been in the truck series since 1995 and until last night has had only one top ten finish with Carl Edwards in 2002 That's one top ten in 213 starts you know that had to feel like a win to finish second and in contention for the win, you have to be happy for this guy.

edavis71
07-24-2015, 08:04 PM
Not a very big fan of Lil Pierce but he had one helluva run.

Okfine
07-24-2015, 10:34 PM
It was a good run by Pierce and congrats, but the story to me is the owner Mike Mittler been in the truck series since 1995 and until last night has had only one top ten finish with Carl Edwards in 2002 That's one top ten in 213 starts you know that had to feel like a win to finish second and in contention for the win, you have to be happy for this guy.

That's a great take on it.........

roughride
07-25-2015, 03:22 PM
My take is this, NASCAR sucks. They need to quit thinking that trying to alter the outcome of the finish of a race and 23 cars crossing the finish line at the same time is what people want to see. I don't car if someone wins by a lap and I don't mind someone getting rewarded for their hard work. I would rather see that than an altered finish. Why do they run these small fuel cells where they need to pit so often? I don't want to seen pit stops, I want to see racing. And another thing, these two and three day practice sessions are BS. The teams could probably save hundreds of thousand of dollars each year if they would eliminate this garbage. It's amazing that late models go to Eldora and get two hot laps and the racing is usually good. These NASCRAP dudes practice all week long and the drama NASCAR tries to create is pathetic. And they wonder why attendance is down! On way to Atomic hoping not to see any competition yellows or any cautions for fictitious debris!

25drtrkr
07-25-2015, 10:33 PM
As much as some would like them to be, dirt late models were not the headliner. The headliner was NASCAR trucks and that is the only reason for live TV coverage. It is understandable that we, as dirt late model fans, would want our dirt late models on live TV but that isn't why the TV cameras were there.

For whatever reason NASCAR, among other major sanctions, seemingly waste many competition laps on minor cautions. It is even very frustrating at places like The Springfield Mile and Du Quoin Mile to see the ARCA cars ride around on a caution that should take at the most 2 laps to sort out and they end up running a half dozen laps under caution. I've also seen this stuff happen at Cup races at places like Michigan, Talladega and Daytona and it appears from a spectator point of view that it makes no sense whatsoever.

As far as the announcers are concerned, TV's major concern is that the announcing crew is familiar with the division that happens to be the headliner. Just the way it is, but it is a pain when they're not as knowledgeable as they could be. Who could FS1 have brought in that would have extensive dirt racing knowledge and also have the TV experience to satisfy the network. Not everyone is capable of doing national TV.

One name for sure......Ozzie Altman!