PDA

View Full Version : #fals

WisWildManFan
07-26-2015, 12:18 AM
Wow.... What a great weekend of racing

plunks7
07-26-2015, 12:27 AM
D A M N right, No Mars, No Lanigan And the Moyers finished way back. Perfect!!!

skids
07-26-2015, 12:31 AM
Wow.......just wow! They can just say right now..... 3 years in a row......race of the year. Hands down.
Kudos to FALS.

pkracer
07-26-2015, 01:52 AM
Just glad I have been there all three years. WOW is right. #FALS put one hell of a show on for the fans......

dirt crow
07-26-2015, 02:41 AM
Awesome! Pure awesome! I might start driving up from bama every weekend.

Highside Hustler25
07-26-2015, 09:00 AM
Another one in the books. Fairbury delivers as always. Thanks to all the volunteers that make this race possible.

MUD MAESTRO
07-26-2015, 09:47 AM
First time i ever took a nap at the track.......sawed some zzzzzzz in the parking lot during delay.....Definitely add this race to your bucket list.

Mcklovin85..
07-26-2015, 11:08 AM
If this race were televised on national TV it would get better ratings then the Daytona 500... #FALS.. Greatest place on earth..

LMPunk
07-26-2015, 11:10 AM
Highlights looked pretty sick as usual. I gotta get up there one of these days.

cgrace
07-26-2015, 11:30 AM
good job for pdc

Mcklovin85..
07-26-2015, 11:36 AM
The national anthem made the hair stand up! That jim Cornelius can f'n belt it out. Kudos for fals to get him there. Hope he's back next year...

pierceFAN
07-26-2015, 11:42 AM
The national anthem made the hair stand up! That jim Cornelius can f'n belt it out. Kudos for fals to get him there. Hope he's back next year...

wonder if he stayed for the race

blncfn57
07-26-2015, 11:59 AM
If this race were televised on national TV it would get better ratings then the Daytona 500... #FALS.. Greatest place on earth..

I think there is a reason it's not televised. If folks want to see the race live.....they have to buy a ticket. I'm sure they would allow live PPV if they could get a deal that would guarantee them being able to make the weekend profitable. If I added right from their payout sheet, I think the total weekend payout was around $140,000. That's alot of tickets, hotdogs and cokes they have to sell just to pay the purse, above and beyond their normal operating costs. The huge fan attendance is part of what makes the place great..... it's like no other! Congrats on another very successful weekend FALS!!!

CMatich
07-26-2015, 01:29 PM
pierceFAN, Jim didn't stay after he sang. He had a friend getting married and had to sing there as well. I was worried that we weren't able to hit the 6:15 anthem time for him,but it all worked out. After our meet and greets I took him through the pits and we watched the first two LM hotlap sessions from the backstretch. He was amazed by everything he saw.
He said he would love to come back and spend an evening in "real" clothes as compared to his wedding clothes he had on. Truly a humble person and awesome to work with.
His appearance was paid 100% through the Fairbury Fan Club. All monies over his fee will be donated to the Illinois Patriot Education Fund. THANK YOU fans!!!
I asked him if he'd do it again and he said yes.

pierceFAN
07-26-2015, 01:31 PM
pierceFAN, Jim didn't stay after he sang. He had a friend getting married and had to sing there as well. I was worried that we weren't able to hit the 6:15 anthem time for him,but it all worked out. After our meet and greets I took him through the pits and we watched the first two LM hotlap sessions from the backstretch. He was amazed by everything he saw.
He said he would love to come back and spend an evening in "real" clothes as compared to his wedding clothes he had on. Truly a humble person and awesome to work with.
His appearance was paid 100% through the Fairbury Fan Club. All monies over his fee will be donated to the Illinois Patriot Education Fund. THANK YOU fans!!!

thats awesome

cdustyr1
07-26-2015, 01:57 PM

Didnt get to see you last night but great job on that entire part of the event, loved when he talked about the blood pumping when he got to see the cars racing for the first time.

Pennsboro23
07-26-2015, 02:01 PM
I will absolutely be there next year for this race. Looks like a great place.

Mcklovin85..
07-26-2015, 03:11 PM
I think there is a reason it's not televised. If folks want to see the race live.....they have to buy a ticket. I'm sure they would allow live PPV if they could get a deal that would guarantee them being able to make the weekend profitable. If I added right from their payout sheet, I think the total weekend payout was around $140,000. That's alot of tickets, hotdogs and cokes they have to sell just to pay the purse, above and beyond their normal operating costs. The huge fan attendance is part of what makes the place great..... it's like no other! Congrats on another very successful weekend FALS!!!Owe heck I agree wt ya I was just making a point of how much fun that place is and how good the racing is.. I wouldn't change a thing if I was the staff...

RJ7171C71R
07-26-2015, 06:09 PM
It was my first time and it was so worth the seven hour drive from west Virginia!!I definitely will be back!!The #FALS draw was freaking awesome and allowed for great fand driver interactions!!Big events should implement something like this at all big events!!And dang what a race!!Erb got what was coming to him and I like Erb and Davenport both lol!

CIRF
07-26-2015, 07:49 PM
In regards to this race being on TV, if someone was in position to make a substantial amount of money producing a live broadcast you can bet your last cash it would be on TV.

Some may believe no TV is a sacred stance but if there was big money involved all that sanctimony would go right out the window, whether it be FALS that would be makin' the big money or whoever. Money talks, sentiment walks.

25drtrkr
07-26-2015, 07:55 PM
So if Erb all of a sudden stuffs JD hard into the wall instead of a pinch (not that Dennis would do that, he don't retaliate) in an upcoming race, you should be all good with that sense you like them both? :rolleyes: Lol!!!

Yeah, JL.....I cant wait to hear the haters outcry, when Erb pours that 55 gallons of Kryptonite on ole Super boy!

RJ7171C71R
07-26-2015, 08:02 PM
But JD didn't stuff him onot the wall he just banked off of him a little bit and even JD said in his interview that his Mommy said if somebody is mean to you don't be nice to them lol!!I just say it was good hard racing and I don't care with a finish like that Im good either way lol

25drtrkr
07-26-2015, 08:12 PM
But JD didn't stuff him onot the wall he just banked off of him a little bit and even JD said in his interview that his Mommy said if somebody is mean to you don't be nice to them lol!!I just say it was good hard racing and I don't care with a finish like that Im good either way lol

Tell his mommy to pull his pants down and give him a whoopin, then! I bet Mr. Erb wont be as nice next time! Those veteran drivers have a LONG memory!

Fox_hunter42
07-26-2015, 09:05 PM
The track crew did an amazing job getting the track back into shape after the rain. we got there 1 1/2 hours early and couldn't find a seat. It was packed.

fryefan
07-26-2015, 11:34 PM

I am no NASCAR fan, but your statement is not even remotely true. Clearly, the racing would be better, but the ratings would be nowhere near the ratings that NASCAR gets.

CIRF
07-27-2015, 08:51 AM
I am no NASCAR fan, but your statement is not even remotely true. Clearly, the racing would be better, but the ratings would be nowhere near the ratings that NASCAR gets.

Thanks for injecting some sanity, fryefan.

Just because a little dirt track in podunk Illinois has a run of 2 or 3 years of good racing at a given event and puts a few thousand people in the grandstand it doesn't translate to TV ratings that would be profitable and convince TV sponsors to pay for prime time programming.

Some folks get a little carried away in the afterglow!

pierceFAN
07-27-2015, 09:42 AM
Thanks for injecting some sanity, fryefan.

Just because a little dirt track in podunk Illinois has a run of 2 or 3 years of good racing at a given event and puts a few thousand people in the grandstand it doesn't translate to TV ratings that would be profitable and convince TV sponsors to pay for prime time programming.

Some folks get a little carried away in the afterglow!

i agree with everything except the part about 2 or 3 years of good racing...ill admit there was a stretch where the racing at FALS was pretty ho hum at best...but I have been going there about 25 years and overall the racing there is usually stellar

T-MAC39FAN
07-27-2015, 09:43 AM
Yeah, JL.....I cant wait to hear the haters outcry, when Erb pours that 55 gallons of Kryptonite on ole Super boy!

If ya dnt want to get passed then dnt let SUPERMAN catch ya!!

FALS
07-27-2015, 10:28 AM
I'm pretty sure there is a track in podunk Ohio called Eldora. We've got something special on our hands with the PDC. Three different winners, three different nail biting finishes, and three different times the drivers put on an absolute showcase for the fans and I think the fans returned the favor to the drivers. We welcome everyone to come visit our little podunk town because it will be the time of your life. Oh and CIRF it rained the perfect amount.

pkracer
07-27-2015, 11:17 AM
CIRF have you ever been to #FALS?

Mcklovin85..
07-27-2015, 11:29 AM
For fuk sake some of you folks just cant think outside the box. I'm not that stupid.. I meant to say better ratings than the super bowl.. Now turn this thread into into football.. Good grief... i think I meant to hit the sarcasm button when I made the original post.. In other words it was a hypothetical statement.... Get it????

CIRF
07-27-2015, 01:42 PM
I'm pretty sure there is a track in podunk Ohio called Eldora. We've got something special on our hands with the PDC. Three different winners, three different nail biting finishes, and three different times the drivers put on an absolute showcase for the fans and I think the fans returned the favor to the drivers. We welcome everyone to come visit our little podunk town because it will be the time of your life. Oh and CIRF it rained the perfect amount.
The big difference is that the track in podunk Ohio has seating for about 20,000 and hosts a NASCAR National touring division every year which is on national TV. That Ohio track has had races broadcast live on network TV (Wide World of Sports) going back to the 1960's and has had a national reputation for 50+ years. That's a pretty good head start, wouldn't you say? I was only talking in reference to a possible live TV broadcast originating at Fairbury.

Oh, and you're correct, it did rain just the right amount. If it had been a little more we'd be talking about when they were going to run the PDC and how they were going to handle the rain check situation. Thank you Mother Nature.

CIRF have you ever been to #FALS?

Hahahahahaha!! We live less than an hour from Fairbury and I've been there probably more that 100 times over the years.

Yes pkracer, I have been to Fairbury! Hehehehe!!

25drtrkr
07-27-2015, 01:57 PM
If ya dnt want to get passed then dnt let SUPERMAN catch ya!!

Yeah ur right, he'll run out of talent on entry and then get eat up with the DUMBA$$!!

dualdj1
07-27-2015, 02:07 PM
The only question remaining after this weekend... Will Bloomquist be back next year to try and master America's Dirt Track, or will he tuck tail and run for another 10 years?

Was impressed with his performance Friday night, but not so much Saturday.

CIRF
07-27-2015, 02:12 PM
America's dirt track? Hmmmmm.

I'm bettin' there are plenty of folks from Pennsylvania, Ohio, Indiana, Iowa and California who'd rightfully dispute that claim.

But, by all means, carry on. Hehehehe!

dualdj1
07-27-2015, 02:49 PM
America's dirt track? Hmmmmm.

I'm bettin' there are plenty of folks from Pennsylvania, Ohio, Indiana, Iowa and California who'd rightfully dispute that claim.

But, by all means, carry on. Hehehehe!

And I'm happy to let them dispute it :D

WisWildManFan
07-27-2015, 02:52 PM
I hope they have a fathead contest next year, I couldn't see all of them

Clayton_Wetter
07-27-2015, 03:01 PM
D A M N right, No Mars, No Lanigan And the Moyers finished way back. Perfect!!!

That was good!

Clayton_Wetter
07-27-2015, 03:14 PM

One thing that Fairbury has over Eldora is actual great track prep. Eldora may as well be asphalted.

Eldora lives on it's great facility with a huge seating capacity, it's history of prestigious races of nationwide fame of "crown jewel" races, and the ability to get away with making a great track of design into a rock hard black asphalt surface. Of which they can still fill the stands no matter what the track conditions are. Not many track can do this.

On the other hand Fairbury has a great track surface and truthfully much better racing as a result. But not a huge facility to match Eldora.

Myself, I would much rather see the PDC than the Dream or the World 100 because the actual racing is much better.

FALS
07-27-2015, 03:30 PM
Amen! The party on Saturday too, Eldora like electricity in the air. 362 more days!

T-MAC39FAN
07-27-2015, 04:02 PM
What will you do when his streak runs dry, or they find his secret? Just curious.

You've been on a roll, ever consider The Lotory??? :)

Time will tell but I really dont see him slowing down unless they change motor to chrysler product.

CarolinaDirt
07-27-2015, 04:24 PM
Just read the article on Dirt on Dirt I think Kevin Rumley's statement sums up #FALS to a T

" When I was a kid this was my imaginary track that I played cars with "

T-MAC39FAN
07-27-2015, 04:52 PM
Maybe tmac will start winning again and you can jump back on that bandwagon?

I wish he would. Ive been patiently waiting. It sure would be nice to see him back in his winning ways. Thanks for caring!

Barchetta6
07-27-2015, 08:15 PM
It's racing's version of the movie "Field of Dreams".

CIRF
07-27-2015, 11:41 PM
And I'm happy to let them dispute it :D

You should be, cause they can make just as good of a case in favor of those tracks in those states as you can for FALS. Especially the folks in Iowa.

#FALSuperman
07-28-2015, 09:43 AM
as far as "Americas dirt track", I believe it was DirtonDirt which coined this phrase in a blog they posted back during the 2014 PDC! I, also saw a vote back in April of this year which had 54 tracks on it in 22 states and #FALS won the vote. This poll was done by Dirt Track Racing on their FB page.

FALS
07-28-2015, 09:51 AM
CIRF sure knows how to hate one FALS! You guys are probably Bobby fans so it's cool if you never come back, we dont need need ya. Have fun driving 8 hours when "America's Dirt Track" is in your back yard.

Cardirt0
07-28-2015, 10:30 AM
Been to 4 Big races at Eldora all ho hum......been too 8 PDCs 1 not so good 1 ok 2 better then good and 4 out of this world that would be 6 if i had gone this year and last (Sick did not make it).....If the Cowboys can be America's Team then Fairbury can be "America's Dirt Track" Cause the Cowboys $uck and Fairbury Don't....All is in the mind ... And my Mind is made up.....A lot of fans at Eldora go is the race over O give me a beer.. Most fans a Fairbury Go What a RACE.....
ADDED
O and you Don't have too be the Largest to be the Best (More seating).. You Just have too be BETTER.....

Cardirt0
07-28-2015, 10:48 AM
Eldora and that Track in Iowa are run just to make money / Fairbury wants to just make enuff money so that they can race next year.. Cause they LOVE Racing..........Fairbury is a Nonprofit they must spend most of the money they bring in by the State rules on Fairs .. This is why they have a BIG fire works show on 4th of July..This is why you see something new every year at Fairbury.. Run by the People for the People and the People are getting it.....
FarmerCity is now running there place the same way and in 3 years look how much the place has improved ... They get it and the ILL. Fans are better off for it.....They had a Race where 12 cars showed up Lance said Pay out the same that's what we said we pay so we pay it....The driver were in shock and all left happy......Lance said its the right thing too do.....Thank you God for Fairbury and FarmerCity......

CIRF
07-28-2015, 11:14 AM
CIRF sure knows how to hate one FALS! You guys are probably Bobby fans so it's cool if you never come back, we dont need need ya. Have fun driving 8 hours when "America's Dirt Track" is in your back yard.

Hehehehe!!

Bobby who?

Never really wanted to get under anyone's thin skin but if that's the by-product of stating facts then we'll take it without hesitation. We're just stating the obvious and it obviously deeply offends you for whatever irrational reason.

I have nothing against Fairbury but I'm not so out of touch and blinded by tunnel vision as to conjure up visions of sugar plums like it's "Americas Dirt Track" when there are many tracks with as much or more history, tradition and great racing that could lay claim to that moniker. Not a shot at Fairbury, just reality without the phony homer attitude. It seems in the eyes of some if one doesn't scream the accolades of FALS from every roof top and message board then you hate the place. Sigh. LOL!

Lastly, if Fairbury was a wicked fast circular 1/2 mile with 23 degrees of banking that has hosted a crown jewel for 38 years, that has had the likes of Stan Fox, Jeff Gordon, Jack Hewitt, Kasey Kahne, Billy Boat, Kyle Larson and Christopher Bell as it's past winners I promise you I'd be in the stands for every one and lovin' every minute of it. And for the cherry on top add the Silver Crown cars to the deal.

But, since the racing I speak of is in Kansas then we'll joyfully make the 8 hour drive to enjoy it year after year and we do, in fact, always have fun, thank you!!

Now, got anything else silly to say? Hehehehe!!!

Cardirt0
07-28-2015, 11:29 AM
Hehehehe!!

Bobby who?

Never really wanted to get under anyone's thin skin but if that's the by-product of stating facts then we'll take it without hesitation. We're just stating the obvious and it obviously deeply offends you for whatever irrational reason.

I have nothing against Fairbury but I'm not so out of touch and blinded by tunnel vision as to conjure up visions of sugar plums like it's "Americas Dirt Track" when there are many tracks with as much or more history, tradition and great racing that could lay claim to that moniker. Not a shot at Fairbury, just reality without the phony homer attitude. It seems in the eyes of some if one doesn't scream the accolades of FALS from every roof top and message board then you hate the place. Sigh. LOL!

Lastly, if Fairbury was a wicked fast circular 1/2 mile with 23 degrees of banking that has hosted a crown jewel for 38 years, that has had the likes of Stan Fox, Jeff Gordon, Jack Hewitt, Kasey Kahne, Billy Boat, Kyle Larson and Christopher Bell as it's past winners I promise you I'd be in the stands for every one and lovin' every minute of it. And for the cherry on top add the Silver Crown cars to the deal.

But, since the racing I speak of is in Kansas then we'll joyfully make the 8 hour drive to enjoy it year after year and we do, in fact, always have fun, thank you!!

Now, got anything else silly to say? Hehehehe!!!
CIRF Knowing you are a Sprint fan ( I like them too but LM more)
Not knocking you, you have the right too think what you want, and that don't make you wrong ..
1/2 mile with 23 degrees of banking that has hosted a crown jewel for 38 years Is not what it was
. THE LAST 5 OR SO YEARS IT IS NOT WHAT IT WAS......Good racing is way down.. It is more living on it Rep then the racing.....

Highside Hustler25
07-28-2015, 12:11 PM

If you ran the push and flip dune buggies, He'd come:)

CIRF
07-28-2015, 12:56 PM
CIRF Knowing you are a Sprint fan ( I like them too but LM more)
Not knocking you, you have the right too think what you want, and that don't make you wrong ..
1/2 mile with 23 degrees of banking that has hosted a crown jewel for 38 years Is not what it was
. THE LAST 5 OR SO YEARS IT IS NOT WHAT IT WAS......Good racing is way down.. It is more living on it Rep then the racing.....

I'm not sprint car fan, I'm not a midget fan, I'm not a late model fan. I'm a race fan. Period. I can thoroughly enjoy the Herald & Review 100 or the Prairie Dirt Classic and turn right around and completely enjoy The Belleville Nationals, The Oval Nationals, The Gold Crown or the USAC Silver Crown cars on the dirt miles. I consider myself an objective, open minded race fan. Obviously a foreign concept to some of ya'll here.

Have you been to Belleville? Ever? Well I have. 4 times over the past 5 years and it's one of the best shows I attend year in and year out. Is it going to be as exciting as The H&R 100 or the PDC year in and year out, or visa versa? That just isn't a feasible expectation either way. The year Kyle Larson won at Belleville it was the most exciting race we watched all that season and that included the PDC. I was at both. In 2013 Rico Abreu and Christopher Bell (recognize that name) put on a show for the ages with Bell coming out the victor. The right rear was a foot or two off the outside wall almost all the way around the place and they're turning laps well in excess of 100 mph!!

If you're a dirt late model fan that believes nothing else can be remotely entertaining that's perfectly okay but please know what you're talking about despite your gorss lack of objectivity. If FALS wants to promote itself as America's Dirt Track that's fine and more power to them and that's a great marketing/promotional slogan, but there are several tracks that can legitimately lay claim to that tag as much or maybe more than FALS. At least in the minds of objective thinking race fans.

CIRF
07-28-2015, 01:06 PM
If you ran the push and flip dune buggies, He'd come:)

Here ladies & gentlemen, boys & girls, we have another prime example of someone who doesn't know what they're talking about. It's litey's long lost twin brother!!! Hehehehe!!!

And speaking of push and flip dune buggies, how does the PDC stack up against the Chili Bowl? Hehehehe!!!

320 cars, 5 nights of great racing with a packed house of about 11,000 all 5 nights and I don't think the Saturday night finale pays as much as the PDC. FALS kinda' pales in comparison, doesn't it? Literally LOL!!

Try another angle there sparky, this one ain't working for ya'!

Bubstr
07-28-2015, 02:01 PM
You can say what ever, but there are two tracks that I hate to miss a race at. That is FALS and Knoxville Iowa, both Not for Profit tracks. It isn't unreasonable to expect great racing at either. They don't disappoint very often. I've never been to I 80, but it also looks like a great track.

WisWildManFan
07-28-2015, 02:31 PM
Apples to oranges, have the chili bowl in July and see how the car count and attendance turn out. I agree there is a lot of good racing out there but if you love DLM's and a track has produced the race of the year 3 or 4 times out of the last 5 years in that genre of racing they deserve their props. If you live within an hour of FALS and weren't there this past weekend I feel sorry for you... unless ur lil bobby :)

800hp
07-28-2015, 03:12 PM

Very cool! Blackhawks have been my favorite sports team since the 90's! Great to see Jim come down to Fairbury. Wish I could have made the race.

bullring
07-28-2015, 03:37 PM
If people want to call Fairbury America's Track who the ____ cares? Probably only people bothered by it are just wishing somebody at their track had thought of it first. Same as the Cowboys being America's Team. I don't recall a nationwide election ever being held so we could vote on it.

kidrock
07-28-2015, 04:10 PM
Apples to oranges, have the chili bowl in July and see how the car count and attendance turn out. I agree there is a lot of good racing out there but if you love DLM's and a track has produced the race of the year 3 or 4 times out of the last 5 years in that genre of racing they deserve their props. If you live within an hour of FALS and weren't there this past weekend I feel sorry for you... unless ur lil bobby :)

Thanks for feeling sorry for me lol. Had to work late Friday but, I haven't been to the pdc since they changed it to a 2 day format. Yes I know my loss and yes they do usually have some good races at Fals. I'm just not a fan of the 2 day shows. I have never been to one and don't plan on starting now..

WisWildManFan
07-28-2015, 04:21 PM
I agree ab 2 day shows, but the FALS draw and full modified both nights softened the blow. Illini 100 has 2 complete now so tracks seem to be getting it

kidrock
07-28-2015, 05:28 PM
I agree ab 2 day shows, but the FALS draw and full modified both nights softened the blow. Illini 100 has 2 complete now so tracks seem to be getting it

I have to agree it has gotten better. I will see maybe I will attend next year.

Highside Hustler25
07-28-2015, 05:33 PM
Here ladies & gentlemen, boys & girls, we have another prime example of someone who doesn't know what they're talking about. It's litey's long lost twin brother!!! Hehehehe!!!

And speaking of push and flip dune buggies, how does the PDC stack up against the Chili Bowl? Hehehehe!!!

320 cars, 5 nights of great racing with a packed house of about 11,000 all 5 nights and I don't think the Saturday night finale pays as much as the PDC. FALS kinda' pales in comparison, doesn't it? Literally LOL!!

Try another angle there sparky, this one ain't working for ya'!
Oh, I know exactly what I'm talkin about. You constantly bring your open wheel wet dream posts on a late model forum. For what reason, who knows. Why you salivate about your passion for midgets and sprints on a late model board gets me.

As far as singing the praises of FALS, give me some examples of another dirt track that has produced the quality of racing that FALS has produced in the last 3 years for the PDC?
And we are talkin late models sweetie, not sprints or midgets.

And remember Cirf, I like sprints and midgets myself. Pretty sure you know that. But it seems that's the only kind of racing out there in your eyes. Don't be so negative and I won't raz ya.

kidrock
07-28-2015, 05:38 PM
You won't find to many Sprint/Midget fans that are Late Model fans vice versa. You have some tracks that support the open wheel cars more then the late model cars. I don't know why this is but Just is.

Highside Hustler25
07-28-2015, 05:51 PM
You won't find to many Sprint/Midget fans that are Late Model fans vice versa. You have some tracks that support the open wheel cars more then the late model cars. I don't know why this is but Just is.

I'm one of those rare ones. I like them both pretty much equally as far as the racing. Their are just more full fendered cars racing in my area as compared to sprints/midgets. And their is just something about a dirt late model that just looks sexy if you know what I mean.

kidrock
07-28-2015, 06:00 PM
I'm one of those rare ones. I like them both pretty much equally as far as the racing. Their are just more full fendered cars racing in my area as compared to sprints/midgets. And their is just something about a dirt late model that just looks sexy if you know what I mean.

Yeah I know what you mean. I told my wife that one time he she hit pissed lol. I said man she sure does look sexy and she said who and I said that model what model that late model lol.

Yeah I like both. I remember the days of going to Springfield Speedway and watching the sprints put on a whale of a show every Sunday.

cdustyr1
07-28-2015, 06:48 PM
Not debating the name of the place it will always be FALS to me or just plain home. Coining a term is who gets first to the thought, wasnt really sure where the America's Dirt Track came from. However if they continue to build the way they have they may host the most $10,000+ shows per season than any other dirt track, I am a local only so might be wrong there this year there were 3 scheduled for late models. May never be able to be huge like Eldora just due to the atmosphere but may have one of the best seasons overall. The fact they also acknowledge having a second strong track in the area is a must and have been willing to work with rather than against the nearest track is a great sign.

ps, there have been a lot of disappointed fans wanting to see the sprint cars the last two years.

fryefan
07-28-2015, 11:31 PM
Oh, I know exactly what I'm talkin about. You constantly bring your open wheel wet dream posts on a late model forum. For what reason, who knows. Why you salivate about your passion for midgets and sprints on a late model board gets me.

As far as singing the praises of FALS, give me some examples of another dirt track that has produced the quality of racing that FALS has produced in the last 3 years for the PDC?
And we are talkin late models sweetie, not sprints or midgets.

And remember Cirf, I like sprints and midgets myself. Pretty sure you know that. But it seems that's the only kind of racing out there in your eyes. Don't be so negative and I won't raz ya.

The racing this past weekend at the PDC was great. With that being said, I think I understand the point that CIRF is trying to get across (there is great racing at other tracks as well). For example, the racing at the following events has been great as well:

Silver Dollar Nationals @ Greenwood, NE
USA Nationals @ Cedar Lake
Knoxville Late Model Nationals
Show-Me 100 @ Wheatland, MO
MLRA shows @ Donnellson, IA

I am NOT taking a shot at the PDC, it was a great show !!

fryefan
07-28-2015, 11:36 PM

Actually, there are more of us that like multiple classes of dirt racing than you might think. What I have noticed over the years, is the fans who are only late model fans OR are only sprint fans, tend to be more vocal about these topics than those of us who like pretty much all dirt racing.

kidrock
07-29-2015, 06:08 AM
Actually, there are more of us that like multiple classes of dirt racing than you might think. What I have noticed over the years, is the fans who are only late model fans OR are only sprint fans, tend to be more vocal about these topics than those of us who like pretty much all dirt racing.

That's a good point.

Nasty55
07-29-2015, 06:25 AM

I'm a fan of all dirt track racing myself anymore whether it be midgets and sprints or wide open modifieds and super latemodels.... Even back when I still ran my cars I enjoyed them all....

dualdj1
07-30-2015, 10:30 AM
You should be, cause they can make just as good of a case in favor of those tracks in those states as you can for FALS. Especially the folks in Iowa.

Don't disagree one bit, there's a lot of (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) good tracks out there. There's a lot of piss poor tracks out there too, lol. Just very happy to have what we have in our backyard, as I'm sure many others are about their home tracks.

Like others here, I'm a race fan, though I only really like watching dirt races. Sprint, midget, LM, mod, whatever, if they can put on a good show, I'm there.

mad_CADer
07-30-2015, 12:04 PM
If FALS was my home track, I would hype the H#LL out of it. It is deserving. I traveled from West Virginia to the PDC last weekend and it was worth every mile and penny spent. I went to Farmer City and Quincy too while I was out there and enjoyed those as well. I too am a fan of dirt racing, pretty much no matter what class it is. These folks who want to argue about everything and push their own opinions on everyone else is just like the government and the liberals...."I don't agree with you, but you need to agree with me and no one will be hurt". I think people like that are miserable and don't really know how to enjoy anything, much less a good dirt race. So to all you doom and gloomers, just stay home, more room for me in the bleachers.

Craig D1ckens

WildBill32
07-30-2015, 01:32 PM
Not sure if it will be the race of the year again this year. But, i bet it will be in the top five. A great tack to go see a race!