PDA

View Full Version : Devin Moran

hotpipes
07-26-2015, 11:14 AM
Why does a young kid with so much talent choose to stick with MastersBilt with so many other chassis to choose from? I just don't get it. Kid is good and doesn't tear up equipment yet he has no major sponsorship and yesteryear's chassis manufacturer.

pierceFAN
07-26-2015, 11:19 AM
id say he does pretty good with them

kidrock
07-26-2015, 11:20 AM
Yeah I like that kid and would like to see him pick up some good sponsors so he could race on one of the tours full time one year.

hotpipes
07-26-2015, 11:31 AM
@piercefan. I agree he does great with them, which is my point- think of how much better he could do with a broader knowledge pool in which to learn from. They (mb) have no big money drivers to rely on for feedback. As we all know, more-often-than-not, chassis will be back on top BUT MB doesn't have that big money driver to run their stuff. This is 2015 and I truly hope DMR and MB don't get left in the history books as it seems they will.

chupp n bloomer fan
07-26-2015, 11:34 AM
I'm sure they share information with MBH, so I wouldn't say they are completely in the dark. And things, if you keep working at it and don't give up, tend to come full circle.

pierceFAN
07-26-2015, 11:37 AM
there is no guarantee he will win more in another chassis...i hear where your coming from tho...there is always gonna be the chassis of the month...everyone goes and gets one and people win in them...problem is...usually these are the same people who were winning anyway...after awhile you ge to the point where all the drivers got good equipment no matter what the name on it...and all of the drivers got about 800 hp give or take...what it comes down to is the shocks and tires...because really in the end...your good drivers can and will drive anything and take it to the front

MasterSbilt_Racer
07-26-2015, 11:40 AM
His cars are working quite well.

MasterSbilt_Racer
07-26-2015, 11:43 AM
And how do you beat the next guy with the same car? I would argue he is in a good place, doing his own thing, with access to intelligent people. You are not in a place where everyone knows what you are doing.

drano
07-26-2015, 11:51 AM
Why does a young kid with so much talent choose to stick with MastersBilt with so many other chassis to choose from? I just don't get it. Kid is good and doesn't tear up equipment yet he has no major sponsorship and yesteryear's chassis manufacturer.

You said it no major sponsorship if the people on this board actually raced and jumped chassis every time one started winning they would be broke the first season they don't give them away you know.

Josh Bayko
07-26-2015, 12:02 PM
The Morans understand MastersBilt cars through and through, and Devin is always fast in them. Why in the heck would they switch away from that if it's clearly working?

chupp n bloomer fan
07-26-2015, 12:52 PM
The Morans understand MastersBilt cars through and through, and Devin is always fast in them. Why in the heck would they switch away from that if it's clearly working?Because 4m said so, duh.;)

71PRPFan
07-26-2015, 01:18 PM
He won 2 races last week and ran strong last night...?

MN Dirt Daddy
07-26-2015, 01:28 PM
Disappointed he is not attending the USA Nationals.

Devon was there a year ago and did just fine.

hotpipes
07-26-2015, 01:52 PM
I agree that he does VERY well with the MasterSbilt and totally agree they know the chassis completely. What I don't understand (once again) is why they wouldn't want to invest in another chassis. What if he is maxing out the potential with the mb at this time? It isn't fair to his career or potential to possibly be restricted. As for the knowledge, maybe that would help further understand another chassis that is already equal at worst-then he would be ahead of the game. I am prolly his most loyal fan and biggest supporter and in no way am I knocking him. It is simply a question. Piercefan- thanks for keepin it real. Mbracer-i agree they r working well but seems they have peaked and to answer ur question- u outdrive them, which he can def drive although his entry is sometimes suspect. Bayko- it clearly is NOT working, yes, he is competetive but should be winning! Furthermore, those cars are set based upon donnies knowledge on what works and it is different now. Plus, as their interview on dod stated, they have different driving styles so maybe a different chassis is n order. Btw, he is NOT the driver dm was in his younger years. He's good but the old man could throw her up top. Elbows up!

zyoung25
07-26-2015, 02:18 PM
They bought a brand new Pierce car and it never made it through the first weekend. I'm not sure what their budget is either, doesn't seem to be much cuz it sounds like he runs with 1 or 2 engines, and by looking at the car, it looks like the same chassis he had last year. What he has seems to work, I wouldn't stray to far away from what he has going on right now.

Gilpin seems to decent in his Masters car. I don't think they have a horrible piece, just no real big names have one at the time.

MasterSbilt_Racer
07-26-2015, 02:26 PM
The problem with buying a new chassis is that the builder isn't likely to tell you everything. You could have experimented with shocks and maybe a little geometry and saved yourself $40k

When you have reached a certain level and have a certain level of chassis understanding, you can't buy much speed with a chassis.

And Devin may not have Donnie's style, but he is a very talented driver.

Josh Bayko
07-26-2015, 03:11 PM
I agree that he does VERY well with the MasterSbilt and totally agree they know the chassis completely. What I don't understand (once again) is why they wouldn't want to invest in another chassis. What if he is maxing out the potential with the mb at this time? It isn't fair to his career or potential to possibly be restricted. As for the knowledge, maybe that would help further understand another chassis that is already equal at worst-then he would be ahead of the game. I am prolly his most loyal fan and biggest supporter and in no way am I knocking him. It is simply a question. Piercefan- thanks for keepin it real. Mbracer-i agree they r working well but seems they have peaked and to answer ur question- u outdrive them, which he can def drive although his entry is sometimes suspect. Bayko- it clearly is NOT working, yes, he is competetive but should be winning! Furthermore, those cars are set based upon donnies knowledge on what works and it is different now. Plus, as their interview on dod stated, they have different driving styles so maybe a different chassis is n order. Btw, he is NOT the driver dm was in his younger years. He's good but the old man could throw her up top. Elbows up!

Just come out and say it. You think he should be in a Longhorn. Because everybody should be in a Longhorn according to 4M. Buy it for him and I'm sure they'll try it.

Josh Bayko
07-26-2015, 03:12 PM
He won 2 races last week and ran strong last night...?

Take those facts and get out of here, man.

chupp n bloomer fan
07-26-2015, 03:30 PM
I agree that he does VERY well with the MasterSbilt and totally agree they know the chassis completely. What I don't understand (once again) is why they wouldn't want to invest in another chassis. What if he is maxing out the potential with the mb at this time? It isn't fair to his career or potential to possibly be restricted. As for the knowledge, maybe that would help further understand another chassis that is already equal at worst-then he would be ahead of the game. I am prolly his most loyal fan and biggest supporter and in no way am I knocking him. It is simply a question. Piercefan- thanks for keepin it real. Mbracer-i agree they r working well but seems they have peaked and to answer ur question- u outdrive them, which he can def drive although his entry is sometimes suspect. Bayko- it clearly is NOT working, yes, he is competetive but should be winning! Furthermore, those cars are set based upon donnies knowledge on what works and it is different now. Plus, as their interview on dod stated, they have different driving styles so maybe a different chassis is n order. Btw, he is NOT the driver dm was in his younger years. He's good but the old man could throw her up top. Elbows up!I was a big Donnie fan, Davey J was his nemesis. Devin has a lot of skill for sure.

They dropped off the Lucas tour because they didn't have the funding to continue. What makes you think they got the money, or want to, go out and buy another chassis? People do all this switching looking for the magic cure, instead of concentrating on what they have. When they have the cash, or want to, I'm sure they'll try a different flavor again.

Drunk In The Stands
07-26-2015, 04:55 PM
he jumped in a Kryptonite and won from the tail in the steel block feature at Skyline the night we won the $3k super race down there

hotpipes
07-26-2015, 06:24 PM
@jb- you are an idiot and what is wrong with 4m
@cbfan- It isnt like Donnie wont try other chassis. Since MB he was in a Rayburn, GRT, Swartz, Rocket, BOSS, was building a car with Callahan, and still returned to a MB. I just wonder why he chooses to stay with them and also wonder if that is a reason they choose to not get heavily involved with DMR. I would love to see him stay in a MB and gain major sponsorship- it would be fair to both DMR and MB chassis and I would think that MB would do all they could to help him obtain that sponsor as it would be great for all involved; therefore, it doesnt make sense. I am strictly curious and wondering the reasoning behind it. Maybe they do help Devin quite a bit. I just hope that a MAJOR PLAYER in ALL chassis designs doesnt fall victim to the money game. The one thing the Club cars and Longhorns have in common is drivers with major money behind them to test the different shock/rearend/tire combos. Anyway, thanks for the responses. Hopefully someone with a little more insight will shine light on the issue. Go 99.

chupp n bloomer fan
07-26-2015, 06:54 PM
@jb- you are an idiot and what is wrong with 4m
@cbfan- It isnt like Donnie wont try other chassis. Since MB he was in a Rayburn, GRT, Swartz, Rocket, BOSS, was building a car with Callahan, and still returned to a MB. I just wonder why he chooses to stay with them and also wonder if that is a reason they choose to not get heavily involved with DMR. I would love to see him stay in a MB and gain major sponsorship- it would be fair to both DMR and MB chassis and I would think that MB would do all they could to help him obtain that sponsor as it would be great for all involved; therefore, it doesnt make sense. I am strictly curious and wondering the reasoning behind it. Maybe they do help Devin quite a bit. I just hope that a MAJOR PLAYER in ALL chassis designs doesnt fall victim to the money game. The one thing the Club cars and Longhorns have in common is drivers with major money behind them to test the different shock/rearend/tire combos. Anyway, thanks for the responses. Hopefully someone with a little more insight will shine light on the issue. Go 99.You said it yourself though, money behind those with Clubs and Longhorns. Donnie stepped away to concentrate on Devins racing, and he just wasn't doing so hot anyway.

Time will tell, but without major sponsorship, I don't see any huge changes anytime soon.

CarolinaDirt
07-26-2015, 07:27 PM
I think bottom line the kid can drive . I have watched him at several lucas races this year he is smooth , doesn't get in alot of confrontations , takes care of equipment, and tries multiple lines . He just needs some financial backing and he can go far regardless of what chassis he is in .

let-r-eat
07-27-2015, 02:31 PM
CarolinaDirt is spot on. The young man is pretty good.

I'm glad to see a Devin Moran thread. He can wheel. His dad could wheel. I would say his dad got way more out of his equipment than anyone in the country could. Same is happening with Devin.

rayburnman74
07-29-2015, 12:27 PM
let-r-eat,
Yep. The problem is now there are so many band-aids for those who don't have the ability of a Devin or a Donnie it makes it harder for true talent to shine through.