PDA

View Full Version : Cedar Lake

Sledhead
07-31-2015, 08:21 PM
Whats with no audio on Dirtvison!!!!!! 2 nights in a row???????????????????????????????

CarolinaDirt
07-31-2015, 08:21 PM
Its there just alot of static keep hitting refresh it cuts in and out .

huskerdirt
07-31-2015, 09:09 PM
Dirt vision is an absolute joke. I don't even know why they bother. When there actually is audio like on Tuesday night. They conveniently cut it off during the support classes. This has happened several times. If it was another sanction body I would understand but good grief are they wound up that tight to not even let us hear the street stocks.

Kwd1253
07-31-2015, 09:10 PM
it sucks tonight on DV, rather watch RM with no sound.. so does the top 3 move to a main?

CarolinaDirt
07-31-2015, 09:15 PM
it sucks tonight on DV, rather watch RM with no sound.. so does the top 3 move to a main?

Yes top 3 transfer

smoothoperator32
07-31-2015, 09:16 PM
I imagine DOD has something to do with that. PPV always messes up other feeds. Not missing much only a few guy able to pass the rest finish where they started... Yawn

Kwd1253
07-31-2015, 09:17 PM
My RM didn't show heat 3? but I like the look at heat 5 chase, frank, Overton out drove mars , bloomquist, josh awesome!

Kwd1253
07-31-2015, 09:19 PM
Yes top 3 transferthanks figured that but was 100% sure tho

zooker25
07-31-2015, 09:26 PM
A lot of big names are not in the show. Should be some great b mains tomorrow night!

Kwd1253
07-31-2015, 09:32 PM
Roger on that zooker, even tho I want got the races tomorrow night. I'm thinking buying ppv one dod and ufc fights. haven't do that in a while.

Ben Shelton
08-01-2015, 12:49 AM
Dirt vision is an absolute joke. I don't even know why they bother. When there actually is audio like on Tuesday night. They conveniently cut it off during the support classes. This has happened several times. If it was another sanction body I would understand but good grief are they wound up that tight to not even let us hear the street stocks.

This is all dependent on cell phone reception. At Cedar Lake it's terrible at best, and very spotty. One minute you have full strength LTE, and a few minutes later nothing. We depend on a Verizon wireless card to broadcast the races. When the signal drops every ten minutes you lose the signal and the broadcast drops. I'm reluctant to even set all the equipment up there, but I do to try and give people not watching the pay-per-view at least a little something. DoD has NOTHING to do with it working or not working.

Same thing happened at Shawano on Tuesday night. Out of nowhere Verizon dropped its signal. I laugh that you think I was actually turning it off during the support divisions to save money. I randomly lost the signal during the heats. Now after the WoO feature I did shut it down so that I could start packing things up to drive a couple of hours down the road.

Just find it a bit ironic that it's a free service we do our best with, yet people want to slam it. Just a reminder that no good deed goes unpunished in this sport.

- Ben

Ben Shelton
08-01-2015, 12:51 AM
Also when we lose the cell signal then we also lose the Race Monitor feed, which I also run off my computer. That's why Race Monitor has been spotty at best so far at Cedar Lake.

- Ben

deez lug nuts
08-01-2015, 01:02 AM
Ben, Just shut it down and bring back week later printed racing paper results. :D

huskerdirt
08-01-2015, 01:19 AM
This is all dependent on cell phone reception. At Cedar Lake it's terrible at best, and very spotty. One minute you have full strength LTE, and a few minutes later nothing. We depend on a Verizon wireless card to broadcast the races. When the signal drops every ten minutes you lose the signal and the broadcast drops. I'm reluctant to even set all the equipment up there, but I do to try and give people not watching the pay-per-view at least a little something. DoD has NOTHING to do with it working or not working.

Same thing happened at Shawano on Tuesday night. Out of nowhere Verizon dropped its signal. I laugh that you think I was actually turning it off during the support divisions to save money. I randomly lost the signal during the heats. Now after the WoO feature I did shut it down so that I could start packing things up to drive a couple of hours down the road.

Just find it a bit ironic that it's a free service we do our best with, yet people want to slam it. Just a reminder that no good deed goes unpunished in this sport.

- Ben

The other night at Quincy, heard everything during intermission with prize giveaways and such. Then the second it was time for MOWA sprint feature to push off the feed went dead. Then after refreshing the screen it said "Live Broadcast will begin shortly". The feed came back on as the Late Model field was coming onto the track. This along with basically the same thing at Shawno gave me the impression that it was being shut off intentionally during the support classes.

I apologize for going on a rant and making the accusation. Thank you for responding.

Ben Shelton
08-01-2015, 01:23 AM
Odd situation you experienced with the MOWA feature because there were a lot of Sprint Car people listening that night to see how Rico did. Many of them were commenting on social media throughout the night about it, and this is the first I've heard somebody tell me it was down for the MOWA feature. That wireless card normally goes live about 2pm every day on race day so that I can work in the tower before the races, and unless we lose power or signal it doesn't get turned off until the races are over.

Honestly do the very best that we can with it because we know for some this is the only way to keep up with their family members, friends, etc, when they are on the run. It's far from a perfect technology, but I like to think we give it our best shot.

Thanks,
Ben

dirt4racn
08-01-2015, 03:55 AM
Shawano is weird. I can be in middle of track getting 4lte and still not be able to download a thing. This is my hometrack and happens weekly. Middle of town and nothing around to block. Cedar Lake I have been to and the signal is weak to horrible at best. Maybe if get up on hill can get some but down on track or in pits good luck. Dirt on Dirt has been nothing but great when the signal allows them. Can't blame them for trying to broadcast a Crown Jewel from bumf--k egypt.

SHOE32
08-01-2015, 07:25 AM
Ignore the trolls on here Ben,you guys are the best thing to happen for dirt fans ever.keep kickin it.I'm at cedar lake now and,yes, the signal here sucks.

25drtrkr
08-01-2015, 11:34 AM
Bubba... Is at you? :cool:

No, its me, Lulu!.....dummy......(Fat Brunettes from Illinois) lol

Kwd1253
08-01-2015, 11:44 AM
Odd situation you experienced with the MOWA feature because there were a lot of Sprint Car people listening that night to see how Rico did. Many of them were commenting on social media throughout the night about it, and this is the first I've heard somebody tell me it was down for the MOWA feature. That wireless card normally goes live about 2pm every day on race day so that I can work in the tower before the races, and unless we lose power or signal it doesn't get turned off until the races are over. Honestly do the very best that we can with it because we know for some this is the only way to keep up with their family members, friends, etc, when they are on the run. It's far from a perfect technology, but I like to think we give it our best shot.Thanks,Benyall keep up the hard work ben. it does suck when DV and RM don't work, but hey that why either you goto the race or buy ppv or just wait for DOD show it the next morning. BTW you need get them put throw back Thursday back on dod, one of the reasons I pay for DOD :-\

TheHeadHunter
08-01-2015, 12:06 PM
I think Cedar Lake needs to put a tower up.. Heck they built a nice indoor arena.. You would think with the Masters, Nationals, various other big races there that they would have a tower put up... Cell service is spotty at best.. And i am sure they have known this for awhile..

Ben you guys work your butts off, i have witnessed it first hand sitting only a couple feet away on the deck.. Keep up the good work, don't let some of these guys get ya down..

kidrock
08-01-2015, 12:20 PM
Is there good audio with the DoD at cedar lake. The reason I'm asking is thinking about getting the ppl tonight.

kidrock
08-01-2015, 12:55 PM
Just drive up there ya tight wad!:D

Lol but, that does sound like a good idea.

25drtrkr
08-01-2015, 01:02 PM
Lol but, that does sound like a good idea.

Kid, why don't you ask Fat Brunettes from Illinois if hes going? Hes not that far from there! lol

Kwd1253
08-01-2015, 01:18 PM
kid you might want to start walking, someone's handle name "fat brunettes" sounds like some I would want ride with lol. maybe if it said hot or sexy brunettes I would. but that just me.

kidrock
08-01-2015, 05:01 PM
Kid, why don't you ask Fat Brunettes from Illinois if hes going? Hes not that far from there! lol

No you ask lol

kid you might want to start walking, someone's handle name "fat brunettes" sounds like some I would want ride with lol. maybe if it said hot or sexy brunettes I would. but that just me.

You got that right I would rather walk lol

kidrock
08-01-2015, 05:56 PM
Hey now... dem fat girls need lovin" too!!! :cool:

Yep and Wasn't you that said they will do things the skinny girl wouldn't dream of lol.

Kwd1253
08-01-2015, 06:34 PM
f.b.i. that why I let you have them all, let you get all the loving them. never dated fat one. but I think bring here out to eat would be last place to bring one. would go broke real fast, unless it's all you can eat deal.

CarolinaDirt
08-01-2015, 06:42 PM
f.b.i. that why I let you have them all, let you get all the loving them. never dated fat one. but I think bring here out to eat would be last place to bring one. would go broke real fast, unless it's all you can eat deal.

Thats what Golden Corral and Ryan's is for rofl

Krooser
08-01-2015, 06:42 PM
Sounds like it's time to get a COW… cell on wheels. You have the local cell provider set up a portable cell tower that's mounted to a trailer. Often they will do it gratis just for the advertising exposure. Ends all cell problems….

lb_sa
08-01-2015, 08:07 PM
Bloomquist gets track provisional? That wasn't even an option from what I had read. Hilarious!

#FALSuperman
08-01-2015, 10:41 PM
JD with the big win, again!! Next stop...North South

buster83
08-01-2015, 10:53 PM
bloomer get lapped twice.

PennDirt
08-01-2015, 11:57 PM
Bloomquist gets track provisional? That wasn't even an option from what I had read. Hilarious!

http://i.imgur.com/9KdTzDZ.png?1

bloomer get lapped twice.

http://i.imgur.com/knkdhl0.gif

MN Dirt Daddy
08-02-2015, 04:36 PM
Fan Fund Changes: I think its total BS..... Moyer gets fan fund money to race. (1,750 to start and 2,500 to win)

Billy is going to be at Nationals anyways. Did the news rules go into effect this year?

You can stay that for other drivers too, Feger, Pierce, Babb

BadlandsBandit12
08-02-2015, 04:54 PM
Yep the fans fund is stupid, when you have guys like Moyer, Pierce, Babb, Rauen, Feger, Pearson in Larry Morrings car and Lance Mathees. Those guys would have been there anyways. 7 cars out of 12. There were only 5 new drivers whoopee. This is why I do not partake in there BS.

Also wanted to chime in on the races, The first night (Thursday) was the best racing. I do think That cedar lake needs to have racing on Friday (feature for the super lates) then it will be a lot better.

Fan Fund Changes: I think its total BS..... Moyer gets fan fund money to race. (1,750 to start and 2,500 to win)

Billy is going to be at Nationals anyways. Did the news rules go into effect this year?

You can stay that for other drivers too, Feger, Pierce, Babb

MN Dirt Daddy
08-02-2015, 05:55 PM
Right on, Thursday by far was the best racing surface all weekend. I agree having the B-Mods, Mods or Super Lates, would help the track for Friday & Saturday races.

x5lives
08-02-2015, 07:31 PM
So what do you geniuses propose for the fans fund? Gustin, Jackson, Carpenter turned it down, others have done so in the past. Ask congress to pass a bill eliminating all other racing in the US. The Fans Fund people did a great job, the $22,000 may have been the highest ever.
Why dont you smarties go out and find some guys with talent and testicles to come to Wisconsin.

MN Dirt Daddy
08-02-2015, 07:35 PM
Why not give Owens and Bloomer the money too!

BadlandsBandit12
08-02-2015, 10:08 PM
Fans Fund is or was supported for new drivers to come up here. I can see why Gustin, Jackson, and Carpenter turned it down, they are racing another series. Gotta remember the fans voted for this guys because on paper it was ok to. I saw the list and shied away from it. I know you can't please everyone!

So what do you geniuses propose for the fans fund? Gustin, Jackson, Carpenter turned it down, others have done so in the past. Ask congress to pass a bill eliminating all other racing in the US. The Fans Fund people did a great job, the $22,000 may have been the highest ever.
Why dont you smarties go out and find some guys with talent and testicles to come to Wisconsin.

plunks7
08-02-2015, 11:26 PM

I think x5lives maybe you should understand why they didn't show up. Jackson leads the MARS series and raced sat. night. Gustin also there I believe. Carpenter I have no answer to. Just a little insight. I have been in the fans club for the last 5 years. And I would really like to know the payout difference between sponsor money and actual fans money. Because this was the least amount of actual fans their. The fans fund deal when it first started out was way better than it is now. It should be for drivers that can't afford the trip. Not for any and all the Big Teams. Other people and I would like to see it just set up for first time drivers and teams.

plunks7
08-02-2015, 11:30 PM
Sorry Bandit I was a little late with my post. You beat me to it. But with the same intent in mind.

Scott Boesel
08-02-2015, 11:32 PM
I think x5lives maybe you should understand why they didn't show up. Jackson leads the MARS series and raced sat. night. Gustin also there I believe. Carpenter I have no answer to. Just a little insight. I have been in the fans club for the last 5 years. And I would really like to know the payout difference between sponsor money and actual fans money. Because this was the least amount of actual fans their. The fans fund deal when it first started out was way better than it is now. It should be for drivers that can't afford the trip. Not for any and all the Big Teams. Other people and I would like to see it just set up for first time drivers and teams.

I wish it would go back to the way it was when it first started

x5lives
08-03-2015, 04:10 PM
A fan can vote any driver they wish to, if you don't vote then you cant nominate anyone new. You can complain all you want, but you actually need to find someone that is actually interested in going, and support them. Very few of the fans fund nominated drivers from that past have shown much loyalty to CLS by attending the event again.

I'm sure if you can come up with some better ideas the people who run the fans fund would be more than glad to hear your ideas. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense to bash the program because you are disappointed by those that were voted in. Why not criticize those that failed to show, did they have a chance to win 50K, did they win $2000 this weekend. The folks that run this program work their asses off. securing sponsors, running 50/50's, contacting drivers. Its a unique program, I would hate to see it stopped because those that are involved become discouraged by some whiners.

MN Dirt Daddy
08-03-2015, 06:59 PM
Why do we need the fan fund then when over half the drivers this year would be there anyway?

Please explain why the rules where changed from the original intention of this fund.

Drivers like Jackie Boggs, Dennis Franklin, Jeep Vanwormer are who should be invited and if they turn it down start calling others drivers so see what their interest level is.

cgrace
08-03-2015, 08:05 PM
Why do we need the fan fund then when over half the drivers this year would be there anyway? .pretty simple. helps plenty of drivers who own theirstuff & dontfollow Woo & dont get special provs. pluse howdo ya define a big team?

x5lives
08-03-2015, 08:18 PM
Why do we need the fan fund then when over half the drivers this year would be there anyway?

Please explain why the rules where changed from the original intention of this fund.

Drivers like Jackie Boggs, Dennis Franklin, Jeep Vanwormer are who should be invited and if they turn it down start calling others drivers so see what their interest level is.
Then spend your 5 bucks and vote for them...nobody said that they weren't eligible.....if they eliminate the legend and all star categories, they might not find 12 guys to show. It isnt like drivers are sitting home...waiting for the call.

x5lives
08-03-2015, 08:22 PM
It takes a lot of balls to bitch about something....when you won't spend 5. It doesn't cost you anything, man up, spend some cash, exert some influence..

plunks7
08-04-2015, 10:49 AM
Then spend your 5 bucks and vote for them...nobody said that they weren't eligible.....if they eliminate the legend and all star categories, they might not find 12 guys to show. It isnt like drivers are sitting home...waiting for the call.

x5lives this isn't about a bitching session. It's opinions and when we voice ours you seem to get very defensive. We never said anything about the hard work that is put into the fansfund. We understand that.
Your last statement couldn't be farther from the truth IMO. If you have any weekly guy get a call to participate in the Summer National event. And receive $1500.00 to help pay for your travels. There would be quite a few that would show. To some of them that would be like winning their biggest race without even racing.
If the fansfund would try to get 12 new drivers that have never been there. And have their fansfund race and the winner has a starting spot in the feature. You may see the best race of the weekend!!!!! Since Cedar Lake is so gracious on giving out provisionals. What's 1 more to make a even 30? I believe you know or are part of the fansfund and how it works!! But I have a question that has crossed my mind. When a driver from the fansfund races in the $50.000.00 race do they subtract his winnings from what he already received from where he finished in the big race? Or is it additional money on top of what he got from the fansfund race? And tell the truth because I already know!!!!!!!

x5lives
08-04-2015, 04:43 PM
Its an opinion if you agree and a bitch if you disagree.............now is that an opinion or a criticism?

As far as payout, I can only surmise, Moyer 2nd in USA Nationals 20,000. Moyer wins 2600 for winning fans fund dash, per Woolms.com results, Moyer received a check for $22,600, so whats your point Plunks?

Highside Hustler25
08-04-2015, 05:31 PM
Its an opinion if you agree and a bitch if you disagree.............now is that an opinion or a criticism?

As far as payout, I can only surmise, Moyer 2nd in USA Nationals 20,000. Moyer wins 2600 for winning fans fund dash, per Woolms.com results, Moyer received a check for $22,600, so whats your point Plunks?

and those $$ stats would be correct.

plunks7
08-04-2015, 05:34 PM

That's what I thought!!! Moyer received his CASH winnings of the fansfund race at the luncheon. As did all the drivers in the fansfund race. Next!!!!

Highside Hustler25
08-04-2015, 05:34 PM
It takes a lot of balls to bitch about something....when you won't spend 5. It doesn't cost you anything, man up, spend some cash, exert some influence..

Well, thank you:)I didn't have the balz to say it cuz it will pi$$ some folks off but that pretty much sums it up.

BadlandsBandit12
08-04-2015, 05:45 PM
I do not think anyone is bitching, I think some of us think it could be much better is all.

plunks7
08-04-2015, 05:59 PM

You can definitely trust me on this one. I as a Fan spend lots of money towards this deal. And have no problem in doing so. And have for years and will continue.

BadlandsBandit12
08-04-2015, 06:35 PM
I have supported fans funds for years, the last two I did not. I only do it if worth it to me. I looked at the list and saw who was leading and thought nope different crowd this year. But it is all good either way. No hard feelings!

fryefan
08-05-2015, 02:09 AM

AMEN !!!! If they don't like who got voted in, then they should participate and support who they want to see.

fryefan
08-05-2015, 02:12 AM
A fan can vote any driver they wish to, if you don't vote then you cant nominate anyone new. You can complain all you want, but you actually need to find someone that is actually interested in going, and support them. Very few of the fans fund nominated drivers from that past have shown much loyalty to CLS by attending the event again.

I'm sure if you can come up with some better ideas the people who run the fans fund would be more than glad to hear your ideas. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense to bash the program because you are disappointed by those that were voted in. Why not criticize those that failed to show, did they have a chance to win 50K, did they win $2000 this weekend. The folks that run this program work their asses off. securing sponsors, running 50/50's, contacting drivers. Its a unique program, I would hate to see it stopped because those that are involved become discouraged by some whiners.

You are correct on all fronts.

plunks7
08-05-2015, 02:36 AM
x5lives this isn't about a bitching session. It's opinions and when we voice ours you seem to get very defensive. We never said anything about the hard work that is put into the fansfund. We understand that.
Your last statement couldn't be farther from the truth IMO. If you have any weekly guy get a call to participate in the Summer National event. And receive $1500.00 to help pay for your travels. There would be quite a few that would show. To some of them that would be like winning their biggest race without even racing.
If the fansfund would try to get 12 new drivers that have never been there. And have their fansfund race and the winner has a starting spot in the feature. You may see the best race of the weekend!!!!! Since Cedar Lake is so gracious on giving out provisionals. What's 1 more to make a even 30? I believe you know or are part of the fansfund and how it works!! But I have a question that has crossed my mind. When a driver from the fansfund races in the $50.000.00 race do they subtract his winnings from what he already received from where he finished in the big race? Or is it additional money on top of what he got from the fansfund race? And tell the truth because I already know!!!!!!!

There were 2 people That I and many poeple had voted for and both were there. I was the first one to vote back in June on Tyler Bruening. Tom had asked me right there: do you think he will come. And I told him I will get him here. The other one is Jason Feger. I had put a very fair share on both. So I was very pleased.