PDA

View Full Version : Prp?

chupp n bloomer fan
08-02-2015, 09:05 AM
R.J said on DoD that Delmas was taken out at PRP. Anyone that was there know the story, was he taken out or did he take himself out?

non driving fool
08-02-2015, 11:11 AM
On the first start it looked like Mike Wilson started early so Delmas checked up before the flag stand stacking up the whole field and tearing up some cars --dirty move for sure! On the restart Delmas overdrove turn three and got sideways, Thornsberry got sideways trying to miss him and Wison hit Thornsberry knocking him into delmas. Prp then removed Mike Wilson for causing it ! Total bullchit move by the track but I guess we have seen a lot of that by prp havert we ? Very good racing after that .

chupp n bloomer fan
08-02-2015, 11:44 AM
On the first start it looked like Mike Wilson started early so Delmas checked up before the flag stand stacking up the whole field and tearing up some cars --dirty move for sure! On the restart Delmas overdrove turn three and got sideways, Thornsberry got sideways trying to miss him and Wison hit Thornsberry knocking him into delmas. Prp then removed Mike Wilson for causing it ! Total bullchit move by the track but I guess we have seen a lot of that by prp havert we ? Very good racing after that .Well, ya know the other name for PRP don't ya? R.J told it a little differently.:)

71PRPFan
08-02-2015, 12:30 PM
On the first start it looked like Mike Wilson started early so Delmas checked up before the flag stand stacking up the whole field and tearing up some cars --dirty move for sure! On the restart Delmas overdrove turn three and got sideways, Thornsberry got sideways trying to miss him and Wison hit Thornsberry knocking him into delmas. Prp then removed Mike Wilson for causing it ! Total bullchit move by the track but I guess we have seen a lot of that by prp havert we ? Very good racing after that .

This right here folks. Delmas nose was pointing toward the backstretch in the middle of turn 3/4 and was almost completely stopped. They took the fastest car off the track after that

jshawn81
08-02-2015, 12:39 PM
What was the final rundown

71PRPFan
08-02-2015, 02:14 PM
Jason Montgomery with a blown motor
Rod Conley
Mark Frazier
Audie

Gilpin won the Mod Sqad.

RJ7171C71R
08-02-2015, 07:25 PM
Delmas and Thornsberry had slowed due to a caution being called on the receiver. That's why they were sideways. Mike Wilson didn't slow at all and slammed into Thornsberry who was kocked into Delmas. Delmas car was destroyed and Thornsberry used Wilsons helmet for a punching bag. Rough driving was called on Wilson. That's the real story so RJ Conley pretty much told it right

RJ7171C71R
08-02-2015, 07:33 PM
Delmas and Thornsberry had slowed due to a caution being called on the receiver. That's why they were sideways. Mike Wilson didn't slow at all and slammed into Thornsberry who was kocked into Delmas. Delmas car was destroyed and Thornsberry used Wilsons helmet for a punching bag. Rough driving was called on Wilson. That's the real story so RJ Conley pretty much told it right

71PRPFan
08-02-2015, 07:38 PM
Look I'll root for them most of the time but Delmas hit the giant hole in turn 3 and balls to walls out of shape. The caution was clear on the other end of the track so I don't know why he would slam the brakes and almost spin. There's video out there

71PRPFan
08-02-2015, 07:45 PM
Go to PRP FB page, posts by others. There's a grainy video of the incident that clearly shows the 17 turning down into Wilson who was running the bottom

chupp n bloomer fan
08-02-2015, 08:05 PM
Delmas and Thornsberry had slowed due to a caution being called on the receiver. That's why they were sideways. Mike Wilson didn't slow at all and slammed into Thornsberry who was kocked into Delmas. Delmas car was destroyed and Thornsberry used Wilsons helmet for a punching bag. Rough driving was called on Wilson. That's the real story so RJ Conley pretty much told it rightIf the wreck wasn't right in front of them, why would they be sideways for a caution on the other end of the track? One of the Conley PRP fans is a little off on their story, see if I can find that video.

71PRPFan
08-02-2015, 08:17 PM
https://www.facebook.com/crystalmgullion/videos/721836683054/

If you ain't got FB tough luck but there it is.

non driving fool
08-02-2015, 08:34 PM
This is a "love is blind" type comment, I root for Delmas so its not like I'm trying to hate on him . The yellow was NOT on and prp is famous for being slow on the yellow. Now has enyone ever seen the leaders check up so hard in the middle of the turn that they get sideways and the yellow wasnt even on yet. Of course thats a big HE!! NO everybody runs hard for longer that they should.

71PRPFan
08-02-2015, 08:57 PM
Alright guys here it is. The definitive video
https://www.facebook.com/linda.s.kretzer/videos/10207383136562567/

deez lug nuts
08-02-2015, 09:59 PM
Watched it a few times and it looked like a racing deal where Thornsberry came down right as Wilson was inside of him there. Didn't look like a rough driving call.

swartzman
08-02-2015, 10:12 PM
Not trying to say your wrong on the yellow flag part.but a lot of times they will be saying yellow on the raceiver before the flag is even thrown.. and on another note guys on here that actually have driven a latemodel know that at times if you come straight off the throttle the car will try to snap around on you..

zyoung25
08-03-2015, 07:52 AM
Watched it a few times and it looked like a racing deal where Thornsberry came down right as Wilson was inside of him there. Didn't look like a rough driving call.

It looked like to me he was trying to avoid the out of shape Conley car. I don't see why he reacted the way he did honestly. IF they had been running in a tighter group Conley gets sideways like he did, there's going to be a big pile of cars. He gonna whip them all? I'm not sure where Wilson supposed to go? Chub Frank line? Like you said racing deal....wrong place at the wrong time for all 3 drivers IMO.

71PRPFan
08-03-2015, 08:08 AM
They need to move them tars back down a groove

almost broke
08-03-2015, 08:14 AM
Portsmouth raceway should be ashamed of the call they made Saturday night. For a driver to get out of there car throw a helmet and then watch as he beats on another mans helmet while he is still strapped in the car is absurd. It was Shannon's fault anyway,the video shows it I seen it in plan sight. For those of you that said it was Delmas fault your crazy yes he was sideways and maybe the caution may have come out but Shannon set the car and drove down into mike Wilson plan and simple. Don't know if bob smith made the call on mike for rough driving or not but that was clearly wrong. I don't know if charges can be made on Shannon but something needs done, let's say mike pulls away while Shannon is hitting him and runs over him then everyone would be wanting to press charges on mike so what's the difference, anyway at the end of the day I'm still a Ben Adkins fan.

Dante Toledo, OH
08-03-2015, 10:16 AM
that might be the worst rough driving call i have seen this year. The man in the middle caused the wreck and then caused the incident with the jumping out of his car bs. Stupid call by the track.

71PRPFan
08-03-2015, 11:08 AM
I also saw a car spin to avoid another and stopped on the track and he got his spot back earlier in the night... Can't recall who it was

chupp n bloomer fan
08-03-2015, 07:08 PM
https://www.facebook.com/crystalmgullion/videos/721836683054/

If you ain't got FB tough luck but there it is.Fukin PRP is ridiculous. They seriously put Wilson to the tail? Delmas had an oldtimers moment, Thornsberry dove low, and Wilson was already there and committed. Thornsberry is a dumba$$ for two reasons, one Wilson was there, two, getting out of his car and going after Wilson. Thornsberry should be gone for awhile, Wilson should get an apology from PRP, and Delmas, I dunno wtf he was doing.

Best part, the ignorant trash cheering, wtf? Should be booing Dumbsberry.

Thanks for the video, because the blinders on here were quite strong, not by you:).

dirtracr33
08-03-2015, 07:18 PM
Shannon jacks his car on entry and comes across to the bottom and Wilson is there...racing deal..def not wilsons fault though, can't stop on a dime..

MEE
08-03-2015, 07:32 PM
I was not there but I have watched the video several times. The first think that comes to mind is where they said some one was jumping the start,I wonder if it was the 7? I heard that in heat or dash one that the 7 was hitting cars???? that is hear say !!!!!!!!!!!
But back to what I saw. If the 7 saw the leader spinning why did he not lift ? He knew the caution was coming out and you do not race back the the line it reverts back to last completed lap.Sooooo why did he not lift??? Looked like the 17 was gonna clear the spinning car if not for the 7 door slamming him. NOW before every body starts on me THAT IS JUST MY OPION ... I was at another track so all I have to go on is the video.

71PRPFan
08-03-2015, 08:01 PM
The caution wasn't out for Delmas in turn 4 it was in turn 1.

And Wilson did jump the start... But he didn't cause either of the wrecks that got him sent to the pits.
https://www.facebook.com/DirtRacingMedia/videos/1003701996321339/

Chupp I try to lay it out on here as it is plain to see from an unbiased pov. I've seen a thousand bad calls by flag man bob at PRP and SOS in favor of a 71 car and a million against the 4b and there really is something going on. The videos don't lie

71PRPFan
08-03-2015, 08:03 PM
And I'm sure they came over the raceiver with it but going into turn 3 at 100mph I doubt your focused on listening to the bird in your helmet

flash49
08-03-2015, 08:21 PM
The announcer clearly stated that Wilson was sent to the pits after being charged with two cautions, not for rough driving. Clearly, the second caution should not be have been charged to Wilson. I love going to Portsmouth once or twice during the summer, but the Late Model feature wasn't over until around 12:30 AM. They really didn't need the economods there with all the other racing. I'm guessing the program probably wasn't over until around 2:00 AM, had to leave to get up early the next morning.

chupp n bloomer fan
08-03-2015, 08:36 PM
I was not there but I have watched the video several times. The first think that comes to mind is where they said some one was jumping the start,I wonder if it was the 7? I heard that in heat or dash one that the 7 was hitting cars???? that is hear say !!!!!!!!!!!
But back to what I saw. If the 7 saw the leader spinning why did he not lift ? He knew the caution was coming out and you do not race back the the line it reverts back to last completed lap.Sooooo why did he not lift??? Looked like the 17 was gonna clear the spinning car if not for the 7 door slamming him. NOW before every body starts on me THAT IS JUST MY OPION ... I was at another track so all I have to go on is the video.There wasn't enough time between Delmas losing it, Shannon diving low, and Mike committed for anything different to happen than what happened. I'd call it a racing deal, but since 17 wanted to point fingers, I'd say look in the mirror.

MEE
08-03-2015, 10:31 PM
he clearly didn't cause that one. but he did have time to brake.

MEE
08-03-2015, 10:46 PM
BTY did you see how hard the 17 hit 71 ????? he was up on 2 wheels !!!!!!!! WOW

71PRPFan
08-04-2015, 08:07 AM
Uhm the modified feature was over at 1230. I was there. I'd imagine steel blocks and sport mods ended around 130. It was the mod squad spectacular why wouldn't we race them? Bombers had the night off

non driving fool
08-04-2015, 10:12 PM
I'm wondering if PRP has made this right with Mike Wilson ( anybody remember the Montgomery deal last year ), has anything been addressed about Thornsberrys actions aaaaaannnnnnndddddd how much longer do we have to put up with Bob's undying favoritism ?

zyoung25
08-05-2015, 06:19 AM
I don't remember seeing Montgomery's back at prp until now. He must've seen it as water under the bridge. They put the log to Gilpin last year too, and he came back and won. Kinda weird both guys that got shaft last year after winning a race there, won again on the same night. Hmmm head scratcher.....

71PRPFan
08-05-2015, 05:32 PM
Montgomery has raced (and won) several times at Portsmouth this year