PDA

View Full Version : Lucas drivers are King

dirt crow
08-02-2015, 11:30 AM
It's beyond obvious. This year for sure. Lucas regulars are the tops. Outlaw regulars look like a bunch of regional series drivers head to head with them. Outlaw guys will be happy they wont have to deal with them again at Lernerville.

ready2rd
08-02-2015, 01:13 PM
The quote of the year at least you pay attention dirt crow

rickybrown1952
08-02-2015, 01:36 PM
Oh yeah best by far

lb_sa
08-02-2015, 01:47 PM
You mean Davenport is king? It's also his first year as Lucas. Nobody else is a world beater this year by any means. This year it's been Davenport and Clanton, then everyone else. Second tier is Moyer, Bloomer, Weaver, Stovall, Erb, Owens, Feger.

Okfine
08-02-2015, 02:11 PM
Lucas tour brightly outshines the woo tour in terms of depth of talent......top to bottom.

cgrace
08-02-2015, 03:03 PM
at cls for weekend woo wasnt on top at all. clanton didnt look good at all this weekend. agree all year davenport king.

CrankedUp90
08-02-2015, 05:43 PM
Chub didnt run bad Thursday, but last night all the WoO guys were off big time with the exception of Junghans..

plunks7
08-02-2015, 05:53 PM
I appreciate it when Woo puts a show on for Lucas Guys.

IZZOJR16
08-02-2015, 06:10 PM
indeed cedar lake was an embarrassment for WOO. and HOW DID BLOOMER GET A PROVISIONAL AND NOT ECKERT, A WOO regular. that's messed up!!!!!

swartzman
08-02-2015, 06:30 PM
that's what gets me is why scott b. and jimmy o. did not split up and win both championships when they both were in scott's chassis. its pretty clear to everyone that the lucas oil regulars are superior to the woo regulars..

zyoung25
08-02-2015, 06:35 PM
Scott and Jimmy never really got along, you would see them talk at the races, but how often did you ever see them park beside one another? Hardly ever. Scott said in a interview awhile ago, if there was ever one guy he didn't ever want to get in his cars back in those days, it's was Jimmy. He knew he would tough to beat. They got along, but it wasn't like they giving info to each other.

Highside Hustler25
08-02-2015, 06:42 PM
Not sayin Lucas guys are running a tick better but who's dominating races on the Lucas tour other than Davenport?

And remember, 2nd place is 1st loser.

Dante Toledo, OH
08-03-2015, 11:39 AM
Owens is second in points with 1 win. Richards is second in Outlaws points with 5 wins and he has a Lucas win also. So i agree that Davenport is the man this year and no one in any series can touch what he has accomplished this season. I sure don't think that Owens or Pearson would show up and start whipping Clanton and Richards. I know Bloomquist can win anywhere at anytime. But the rest of them. Francis, O'neal, Carrier, Erb, Landers are not setting the world on fire. Neither are Eckert, Frank, McCreadie, Bagley etc. when you run a series and a few guys catch fire like JD or Clanton it really makes most of the others look average or below. I don't see how someone can get on a message board and say for sure Carrier is better than Eckert or Erb is better than McCreadie when all year long they are all just finishing 5th, 10th, 7th, etc. also this goes in cycles like everything else in racing last year it was Lannigan and Bloomquist. This year JD and Clanton. Last year Bloomer's record in Outlaw races was 0 wins in 10 starts. Lannigan won 4 or 5 of those 10 starts. 2 years ago the 3 Outlaws went to Knoxville and ran top 3 all 3 nights. Eldora is another way to back up what i was trying to say. In the last few its been controlled by Lucas guys. Bloomer, JD, Blankenship. The few races before that were non series guys McDowell, Birkhoffer, Moyer. Before that Clanton won the Dream and World. Cycles it all cycles. In the sport of dirt latemodels it seems what is dominate right now will not be in 6 months so enjoy it. Rocket we're winning like crazy a few years back with Richards, Lannigan, Blankenship, then the bloomer and Owens, Eckert were great in the Bloomer cars, last year club cars and and the Sweet Bloomer cars now Longhorn. Everything changes. Was it 2 years ago Rumley was with Rocket, Davenport was in a Barry Wright fresh of getting fired by Boyer and Longhorns sucked, and Clanton was on a huge outlaws winless streak. thats what makes it great. The only thing in racing that is certain is that next year will probably be different.

TackyTracker
08-03-2015, 01:30 PM
heard bloomer got a past champ prov.... Didn't Eckert win the big show several years back that should have given him the same past champ prov???

Okfine
08-03-2015, 02:39 PM
Eckert will most likely be switching to the lucas tour ......especially after the chassis switch.

MILLER7FAN
08-03-2015, 03:12 PM
Owens is second in points with 1 win. Richards is second in Outlaws points with 5 wins and he has a Lucas win also. So i agree that Davenport is the man this year and no one in any series can touch what he has accomplished this season. I sure don't think that Owens or Pearson would show up and start whipping Clanton and Richards. I know Bloomquist can win anywhere at anytime. But the rest of them. Francis, O'neal, Carrier, Erb, Landers are not setting the world on fire. Neither are Eckert, Frank, McCreadie, Bagley etc. when you run a series and a few guys catch fire like JD or Clanton it really makes most of the others look average or below. I don't see how someone can get on a message board and say for sure Carrier is better than Eckert or Erb is better than McCreadie when all year long they are all just finishing 5th, 10th, 7th, etc. also this goes in cycles like everything else in racing last year it was Lannigan and Bloomquist. This year JD and Clanton. Last year Bloomer's record in Outlaw races was 0 wins in 10 starts. Lannigan won 4 or 5 of those 10 starts. 2 years ago the 3 Outlaws went to Knoxville and ran top 3 all 3 nights. Eldora is another way to back up what i was trying to say. In the last few its been controlled by Lucas guys. Bloomer, JD, Blankenship. The few races before that were non series guys McDowell, Birkhoffer, Moyer. Before that Clanton won the Dream and World. Cycles it all cycles. In the sport of dirt latemodels it seems what is dominate right now will not be in 6 months so enjoy it. Rocket we're winning like crazy a few years back with Richards, Lannigan, Blankenship, then the bloomer and Owens, Eckert were great in the Bloomer cars, last year club cars and and the Sweet Bloomer cars now Longhorn. Everything changes. Was it 2 years ago Rumley was with Rocket, Davenport was in a Barry Wright fresh of getting fired by Boyer and Longhorns sucked, and Clanton was on a huge outlaws winless streak. thats what makes it great. The only thing in racing that is certain is that next year will probably be different.Very well said as always, I think you just summed up todays DLM racing very well. Dominance always changes, thats why its so enjoyable to see how each season plays out, and the big races have just begun. I think that this season is gonna really be one to remember, Scott didnt make weight, Moyer all but hanging it up after this year, and the run that the Rumleys are having with JD. Its only gonna get better

JinxNC
08-03-2015, 03:36 PM
You mean Davenport is king? It's also his first year as Lucas. Nobody else is a world beater this year by any means. This year it's been Davenport and Clanton, then everyone else. Second tier is Moyer, Bloomer, Weaver, Stovall, Erb, Owens, Feger.
Not his 1st year running Lucas full time. Ran full schedule with Bowyer 3 years ago. Got ROY honors.

BadlandsBandit12
08-03-2015, 04:13 PM
It is so funny, how a lot of people are thinking JD might be cheating. I personally think he is just having a run and racers need to do their homework to beat him. Last half of the season last year it was all Bloomquist

lb_sa
08-03-2015, 04:18 PM
Not his 1st year running Lucas full time. Ran full schedule with Bowyer 3 years ago. Got ROY honors.

Truth, completely forgot about that.

T-MAC39FAN
08-03-2015, 05:54 PM

Yea he couldnt prove himself w boyer. They missed out when they let him go.

Okfine
08-03-2015, 06:55 PM

I know right???? The hall of famer they put in it after JD has been killing it in that ride.................hasn't he???

NormP
08-03-2015, 07:13 PM

From what I've seen the past 2-3 years, everyone does better before and after they drive for Bowyer, not during...being let go from Bowyer seems to help a career.

T-MAC39FAN
08-03-2015, 08:27 PM
From what I've seen the past 2-3 years, everyone does better before and after they drive for Bowyer, not during...being let go from Bowyer seems to help a career.

Yea i noticed that also NormP.

25drtrkr
08-03-2015, 09:06 PM

I think its their chassis of choice. As one of my friends say, they're Barely Wright!

drano
08-03-2015, 09:18 PM
Didn't a Barry Wright, Bowyer car win the title last year how soon we forget.

Okfine
08-03-2015, 09:26 PM
Do double digit years count for getting to know someone? #justwundrin?

On the thread topic though, I think you list the top drivers from each series( top 10/15) heads up side by side on a legal pad and really ask yourself which series has the deeper talent pool it's pretty obvious.

Doesn't mean there aren't superstars in each, just means that after clanton,Richards,and maybe lanigan the woo drivers left making up the rest of their top 10 don't stack up to the positions 4 through 10 from the lucas series.

Lucas series is deeper with stat quantifiable results.

IMO

Josh Bayko
08-03-2015, 09:32 PM
I wouldn't say top to bottom that the Lucas drivers are better than the WoO drivers. I will say Davenport is way, way ahead of both series' drivers this year, and it creates this illusion that the whole series is better.

Okfine
08-03-2015, 09:38 PM
If it takes ya that long... keep wondering... :D

Sorry, wanted to edit to put back on topic.

But really never wondered........but like anything else, everybody isn't for everybody......some people even think I'm a p rick.........pfft!!!, go figure

25drtrkr
08-03-2015, 09:41 PM
Didn't a Barry Wright, Bowyer car win the title last year how soon we forget.

That is true, but they are definitely off their game, so far this year!

Okfine
08-03-2015, 09:45 PM
I wouldn't say top to bottom that the Lucas drivers are better than the WoO drivers. I will say Davenport is way, way ahead of both series' drivers this year, and it creates this illusion that the whole series is better.

Doesn't hurt, that's for sure...........I just think the lucas list looks more impressive than the woo list, maybe it's just me?

drano
08-03-2015, 09:49 PM
That is true, but they are definitely off their game, so far this year!

And next year we will be praising someone else happens every year.

25drtrkr
08-03-2015, 09:49 PM
One thing is for sure... many chassis in recent past has had their day/days and it don't last long!! Who's been the most consistent over the years??? :)

Consistency is reliability, and reliability is money well spent!!!

No Weak Links!!! ;)

I wonder what Lucas driver you are referring to, Mr. Lincoln!

25drtrkr
08-03-2015, 09:59 PM
Nothing wrong with being a bandwagon jumper, until you're in denial about it, to funny!!! :D

And that's the Truth.....Mr!