PDA

View Full Version : No Place To Practice !

Bob Hubbard
08-07-2015, 12:07 PM
Why is it No Tracks offer practice ? Im in cincinnati & have at least 6 tracks with in an 1.5 hour drive ..... Ive never seen anyone offer or advertise practice ...

steven jhon
08-13-2015, 05:46 AM
In most populated countries there is no specific road for practice ...

MotoMatt
08-13-2015, 10:42 AM
Aren't most tracks for rent during the week if you just ask?

Bob Hubbard
08-13-2015, 01:00 PM
It takes a big group to justify the cost of havnt a medical team there .... Track grooming etc .... The north /south thursday was raiined out .... That would have been a great chance to get some testing in .... IMO youd see better racing if they had an hour before each race to make some adjustments .... Its a big downfall of someone getting into it ....

xray
08-13-2015, 02:09 PM
It takes a big group to justify the cost of havnt a medical team there .... Track grooming etc .... The north /south thursday was raiined out .... That would have been a great chance to get some testing in .... IMO youd see better racing if they had an hour before each race to make some adjustments .... Its a big downfall of someone getting into it ....

If parity and lack of passing is what you want to see..... Goto any pavement race, They practice for HOURS

cjsracing
08-13-2015, 02:14 PM
Most tracks in my area (Iowa) you can rent during the week for approx $500. Get a couple other drivers to go in with you and it is a pretty good price for 4 hours of practice.

Bob Hubbard
08-13-2015, 04:10 PM
Yea I know thats how it works .... I was thinking if track owns would put thier heads together maybe something could change ... I know drivers would be willing to pay for time on the track if they had the chance .... Has anyone seen a track owner try this before ? 30 mins before or after the show .... Pay per time ....Just seems like a good ideal

dlmhjw
08-13-2015, 05:27 PM
Hagerstown Speedway in Maryland had a test and tune last night from 7-9. They have had 1 a month on a Wednesday in April, May, June, and August this year. Do not know price for track time but free for spectators.

Bob Hubbard
08-14-2015, 06:26 AM
Thank you .... Id like to see this done in our area .... Seems to me if each track did a practice once a year... that's 6 times a driver or team could better themselves ..... Better racing = more people in the stands .... I saw it this year with the buckeye late model series .... If I promoter gets involved it could happen .... Maybe a sponsor could pay for the medical team exspense .... The tracks could send out emails to all the race teams .... The emails could confirm practice nite ....IMO if someone could put this together , Everyone would benefit ....

dlmhjw
08-17-2015, 06:35 PM
They also make a point to invite cars from other tracks. For someone who has thoughts of racing at the track for the first time, the test & tune nights could enable them to get a few non competition laps, in turn making them more comfortable to venture out and try a race night. To me a good thing.