PDA

View Full Version : Passing points questions??

SLMDIRTTM
08-09-2015, 01:35 PM
What happens to your starting spot for passing points when the pole sitter jumps the start and is bumped back a row? (Is he still 1 or now 3)
What happens to your starting spot for passing points when you are scheduled to start in one spot but the spot(s) in front of you don't come out on the track to race? (your scheduled to start 10th and 3 cars don't come out to race)
What happens to your starting spot for passing points when you go to the pits b4 the race starts and now you must start at the tail? (original spot or now last and everyone moves up)
Thanks all, never attended a race yet with this format!!!

Highside Hustler25
08-09-2015, 01:44 PM
great questions as I would think this would be in print somewhere.

TALON75
08-09-2015, 01:51 PM
Usually scored from where you take the initial green.

huskerdirt
08-09-2015, 01:55 PM
What happens to your starting spot for passing points when the pole sitter jumps the start and is bumped back a row? (Is he still 1 or now 3)
What happens to your starting spot for passing points when you are scheduled to start in one spot but the spot(s) in front of you don't come out on the track to race? (your scheduled to start 10th and 3 cars don't come out to race)
What happens to your starting spot for passing points when you go to the pits b4 the race starts and now you must start at the tail? (original spot or now last and everyone moves up)
Thanks all, never attended a race yet with this format!!!

1. The rule is the initial green is where your starting position is. So I take that as the first green flag is where your position counts. So the 2nd place guy gets penalized a row, he is still being scored from 2nd. Now from what I've seen on jumping starts with this system is that they give you one mulligan. I can't ever remember a time where a guy was charged for jumping the start twice in the same heat.

2. Samething if a guy scratches. You might be scheduled to start 10th but the guy scratches in front of you. Then you are scored from 9th.

3. If you relinquish your position before the start, like dropping to the back. You will not be scored any passing points only points for your finishing position. For example if you won a heat race after dropping to the tail from your starting position. You would only get points for winning the heat, which is 59 points.

mobster38
08-09-2015, 02:23 PM
passing points are to confuse everyone so they can put who they want where they want

huskerdirt
08-09-2015, 02:26 PM
passing points are to confuse everyone so they can put who they want where they want

It's only confusing if you don't pay attention.

pig tracker
08-09-2015, 02:33 PM
I agree Husker. We use passing points on all shows and I think it is a lot more fair. At least you race for where you start, not time trial or pill draw.

kazual
08-09-2015, 02:51 PM
It's in black and white. Rest assured if any driver or team thought passing points were being manipulated against them you would hear them loud and clear. In one thread the discussion revolves around engineering and how much higher level technology has changed the dirt racing world. And then this one theorizes that race teams can't do basic addition and subtraction, not likely.

pink floyd
08-09-2015, 06:33 PM
heat winners should receive more points for a heat win than what they do now with the current scoring system. that is my only complaint with this format.