PDA

View Full Version : 6th coil location

hockey3266
08-09-2015, 06:51 PM
I'm having some clearance issues on my modified so I figured I ask the late model guys... Would it make a difference if i ran my 6th coil in my 35" hole instead of my last hole at 37" cuz I have to cut off 2in to clear my frame? Any help would be much appreciated

billetbirdcage
08-10-2015, 11:24 PM
I'm having some clearance issues on my modified so I figured I ask the late model guys... Would it make a difference if i ran my 6th coil in my 35" hole instead of my last hole at 37" cuz I have to cut off 2in to clear my frame? Any help would be much appreciated

It will just effect the spring rate the 6th coil see, going backwards 2" is going to make it act slightly softer. That's assuming you're only moving it at Torque arm.

hockey3266
08-11-2015, 07:36 AM
No I planned on moving it on the frame and the torque arm...... Still plan on keeping it straight up and down not changing the angle just moving it closer to the rear end so I can cut off the last 2 inches of my torque arm.

billetbirdcage
08-11-2015, 01:53 PM
Moving it at the top will have more effect then the bottom, so if you not wanting to change handling or least the least amount try moving it minimal at the top. It running at an angle isn't going to hurt anything as long as the 6th coil can pivot or so it doesn't semi bind adding artificial spring rate to the 6th coil. Moving the top just like a 5th coil changes the location it's pulling down on the frame, so farther back loses some front tire loading under braking and induces more rear squat.

hockey3266
08-11-2015, 02:34 PM
Okay that's what I needed to know thank you sir.