PDA

View Full Version : Mounting fire suppression in dirt late model ?

mopar92
08-13-2015, 10:21 PM
Figured out my answer. Mute point

TALON75
08-14-2015, 02:29 AM
http://www.pro-werks.com/rewrite/prw_results.aspx?q=mounts&cx=013461514486917952307%3axqj9qkg9qbg&cof=FORID%3a11&ie=UTF-8

I have used these before, just need to find the one that works for you.

cumminsman08
08-14-2015, 08:17 AM
I'd like to add to this subject as far as (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)pit safety and securement.. being a firefighter/emt and knowing the circumstances of a wreck, I see alot of drivers at my track using the tether window straps and drivers putting the latch mechanism towards the inside for easy access. After a wreck I was in and wrapped my head pretty good I realized the first responders had trouble getting my window net down...

What company out there has a easy and fast accessible window net, or what are you guys using that I can recommend to drivers in my area.. I feel this is a area that is overlooked.. also I like the fire suppression system I'll be looking into that..

FlatTire
08-14-2015, 03:25 PM
I used to run a Fire Bottle system. Mounted the bottle between the seat and j-bar frame mount area outside of the drivers compartment. I had the nozzles pointed above my feet, by my knees and one about chest level. Just make sure you don't route your lines near anything that could come apart and damage your fire system. For instance a driveshaft. I would keep all my nozzles/lines at least a foot above the floor board for that reason.

96racing
08-14-2015, 04:59 PM
Mine is mounted horizontally on the bar above the transmission. The braided steel hoses are routed into the upper footbox area and one goes up the A pillar to the upper roll bar and the second mounts under the steering shaft heim. Make sure you read the directions before you install. Most bottles aren't supposed to be mounted vertically.

mopar92
08-18-2015, 09:05 PM
Spelling edit.