PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on a new pullbar

ambonci21
08-15-2015, 07:25 AM
time has come for a new pullbar. Anyone have any experience with the all-star performance roller bearing pullbar? seems to be a nice idea. W will be ordering a new pullbar Monday morning and wondering whats a good pullbar as far as performance and maintenance. we are currently running a bsb pull bar that seems to bind very often and we have taken it apart several times. all 4 rods in pullbar have gouge marks in them from the plates binding on it so we have going t go a different route. Any opinion appreciated. Thanks

stock car driver
08-15-2015, 02:12 PM
the all star is copy of afco I believe

ambonci21
08-15-2015, 09:18 PM
Are they any good? the roller bearing seems to be a good idea?

stock car driver
08-16-2015, 09:37 AM
Im running a afco 3 stage. Im a all star dealer I don't see why the all star wouldn't be good. But I haven't had one personally yet. Ive sold a few with no complaints but they were shipped direct to customers so I didn't see them.

I ran bsb on my old car and never had any gouging or issues. if your gouging you have a bent bolt running thru one of the shafts or slop since it doesn't have brgs.

ambonci21
08-19-2015, 05:47 PM
we ended up getting the bsb outlaw bearing pullbar. anyone have any experience with using that?

Racer96m
08-23-2015, 10:13 PM
we ended up getting the bsb outlaw bearing pullbar. anyone have any experience with using that?

Ya, I use that one and the only issue I had was the brake bushing would split and fall out every few races. I think its just to thick so I stopped using there Bushing and put a red puck in there from the Speedway puck pullbar, its only 1" thick and that solved the problems, never had it split and fall out since.

Dave

ambonci21
08-24-2015, 06:31 AM
Last week we have a real bad issue with absolutely no forward drive, we get back in shop an the pull bar was all bent up no preload and major signs of binding. So we put the new bsb outlaw in set pinions angle and wow wish we changed that after race #2 this year, the car was a ttally different car. got our third win of the season. Thanks to everyone in another thread I started weeks ago. the car is really turning around.