PDA

View Full Version : caliper sticking

ace1
08-16-2015, 10:04 PM
I have rebuilt the master cylinder and replaced the rf braided hose last summer. I haven't ran the car since. I was going over things this week and the rf caliper is sticking. I took the caliper apart and it looks good. What will make it stick. I can't figure it out unless I still have air in it. LF is fine so I don't see its the mc

rakracing
08-16-2015, 10:42 PM
if it has a cross over tube like a superlite caliper, replace or cleanout the tube have had them clog and hold pressure on the outside, also check for a dented line if using steel

Matt49
08-17-2015, 08:06 AM
Air shouldn't cause your issue.
May be something you've already checked but if you have 3-way brake shut-off, it could be a faulty unit or incorrectly installed.

ace1
08-17-2015, 12:19 PM
I didn't check the cross over tube when I had it apart. But it seems the inside is the side not releasing. It has a ball valve for a shut off. I can squeeze it just slightly with a pair of pliars on the inside pad and caliper body and it turns fine.
The rotor is pretty rough on the inside. I just haven't replaced it. Could the pistons be getting turned just enough it won't release good?

Matt49
08-17-2015, 03:00 PM
Haven't experienced that but I can see where if you've got some strange wear and the piston is not running "square" to the cylinder, you could certainly be having an issue there with it binding.