PDA

View Full Version : Chris Brown Opens Eyes in COMP Cams Topless 100

Ben Shelton
08-18-2015, 03:58 PM
For Immediate Release
August 18th, 2015

Chris Brown Opens Eyes in COMP Cams Topless 100; LOLMDS Action Next

Spring, Texas (08/18/15) – Chris Brown led 84 laps in the 23rd Annual COMP Cams Topless 100 on Saturday evening behind the wheel of his Lone Star Hydro & Maintenance #21 Club 29 Super Late Model. However, the talented, young driver came up just short in his bid for an upset win in the crown jewel event. When the checkered flag flew he was credited with a 4th place finish.

“Before the feature I said that I would be happy if we just led one lap, but after leading 84 laps it was definitely disappointing to not get the win,” said Brown.

The Spring, Texas driver started 2nd in the $40,000-to-win, Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series (LOLMDS) event at Mooney Starr’s Batesville Motor Speedway (Locust Grove, Arkansas). He outdueled fellow-front-row starter, Jared Landers for the lead at the drop of the green flag to snag the top spot. For the next eighty circuits he paced the field and had hopes of his second-career, Super Late Model win and the biggest of his career.

“I felt like I had a good rhythm for the first half of the race, but after one of those late-race cautions it was like I never could get really comfortable again,” noted Brown. “With the caliber of competition that was in this field I knew I had to stay on top of my game for every lap.”

As the race surpassed the lap 80 mark Brown came under fire from former race winner, Shannon Babb. On lap 85 Babb bolted past Brown into the lead as Marlar also slipped past. A few laps later Dale McDowell relegated Chris to the 4th position, and that’s where he would ultimately finish.

“I’m not disappointed, but I’m sure I’ll probably watch the video and critique a million things that I would have done different. But my initial thought is I’m pleased with fourth. This caliber of guys, to finish there, to me is a feat in itself. We’ll just keep trying to build momentum and try and get better the next time.”

Chris is eleventh in the latest series’ standings. For complete standings and full results from the event, please visit www.LucasDirt.com .

Chris will get an almost immediate opportunity for redemption as he returns to action this week with a pair of $10,000-to-win, LOLMDS events. On Thursday evening the tour will roll into Volunteer Speedway (Bulls Gap, Tennessee) before sanctioning an event at the state-of-the-art, Lawrenceburg Speedway (Lawrenceburg, Indiana) on Saturday evening. For more information on the events, please visit www.LucasDirt.com .

Chris Brown would like to thank all of his sponsors including Delta Flange & Manufacturing, Lone Star Hydro & Maintenance, Shocks by Precision Performance, LG21 Race Cars, Hoosier Racing Tires, VP Racing Fuels, Club 29 Race Cars, AR Bodies, All Star Performance, Brodix Cylinder Heads, CV Products, Dyer’s Top Rods, Edelbrock, Ohlins Shocks, Outerwear Performance Products, Simpson Racing Products, Penske Racing Shocks, PFC Brakes, Fast Shafts, Performance Graphix, and MSRMafia.com Marketing Services.

For the latest information on Chris Brown and Brown Motorsports, please visit www.ChrisBrownRacing.com .