PDA

View Full Version : New to late models

fastmod1k
08-18-2015, 07:08 PM
Was wanting some opinions on what is the best IMCA late model chassis. New to late models so looking for good tech help. Thanks

TheJet-09
08-19-2015, 03:47 AM
I'm the one guy that argues no one chassis brand is better than another because a 500# spring doesn't know if its bolted to a Rocket, a Warrior, or a Rayburn. Having said that, there are obviously characteristics unique to each chassis brand so what suits your style, budget, etc. would be what's best for you. I would look at what's popular in your area or the tracks you plan to run. Especially being new, it'd be beneficial to get information (even if just looking at their car versus yours) as far as what is making their car work to help you get in the ballpark. If you've got the only one of a specific brand chassis, it could possibly leave you all alone.

Bubstr
08-19-2015, 01:24 PM
Kay and Ryan are running the same chassis and leading the IMCA points race. I'd see what they have. I know Matt Ryan is tickled to death with his new chassis this year. Says it almost drives it's self, according to his dad. This don't mean you will get in one and be a world beater, these guys have been around for a while.

cjsracing
08-20-2015, 12:39 PM
Yeah like Bubstr said but if you are wanting a IMCA Late Model chasiss then a Gheer'd Up Mastersbilt (this is what Kay, Ryan, Callahan, Aikey, Fitzpatrick, Droste, et. have) is the ticket. Everyone who has one is running well. At the last Deery show 8 of the top 10 were Gheer'd Ups (if I recall correctly). They are out of my price range otherwise I wouldn't hesitate to get one.