PDA

View Full Version : 5 wins in 6 races for Richards

bleedblue55
08-23-2015, 08:37 PM
Where did all the haters go?

whatsadirttrack
08-23-2015, 08:44 PM
He sure made everyone look bad at atomic on saturday he checked out....

AnothaBenchRacer
08-23-2015, 08:46 PM
...with the World of Outalws, who cares.

Let's see him win 5 out of 6 with the Lucas boys.

B_K
08-23-2015, 08:46 PM

Wonder if they might have had some consultations lately. Rumors start, the #1 gets dominant again. Things that make you go hmmmm.

Highside Hustler25
08-23-2015, 08:51 PM

I hear crickets:D

dirtMAN007
08-23-2015, 09:00 PM
Eckert sucked in the house car and we (me And pink Floyd) said josh would right the ship and I say he is well on the way !! Great 2 weekends josh !!! Give em' he!! Boy !!!!!

25drtrkr
08-23-2015, 09:34 PM
I hear crickets:D

LOL.......kinda like the Davenport bandwagoneers! They let their "gator" mouth, overload their "canary" behind!

Kwd1253
08-23-2015, 09:44 PM
Josh keep winning long has the lucas boys dont show up :D

Kwd1253
08-23-2015, 09:48 PM
...with the World of Outalws, who cares.Let's see him win 5 out of 6 with the Lucas boys.How close you think he get winning world 100 or knoxville lol

bleedblue55
08-23-2015, 09:56 PM
Josh keep winning long has the lucas boys dont show up :D
Last 2 WOO features have been 50 lap, 14 minute, green-white-checkers races. Lucas would have had at least 5-6 tire cautions. Only difference I notice.

Kwd1253
08-23-2015, 10:07 PM
Only way catch jd and scott lol

WVRACEFAN
08-23-2015, 10:10 PM
Don't be surprised when Josh & the house car bag $20,000 at the pittsburgher.

71PRPFan
08-23-2015, 10:12 PM
Yeah he made em look bad at atomic alright. One night a handful of cars finished the race. The next was black ice run Round the top train race. He still won though so I'll give him credit

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
08-23-2015, 10:16 PM
LOL.......kinda like the Davenport bandwagoneers! They let their "gator" mouth, overload their "canary" behind!

Were still here. Alive and well!

Kwd1253
08-23-2015, 10:25 PM
Don't be surprised when Josh & the house car bag $20,000 at the pittsburgher.I would be very surprised if they show up to that race

GEAR_HEAD
08-23-2015, 10:36 PM
I would be very surprised if they show up to that race

Why would Josh say he was coming if he wasn't coming? Some of you people are just plain dumb. There is absolutely no reason to be shocked by his attendance.

kenee
08-24-2015, 12:03 AM
Prolly got the left rear figured out .

Josh Bayko
08-24-2015, 05:37 AM
I would be very surprised if they show up to that race

Why? He generally shows up at PPMS when they have a bigger show and the WoO is off, and he usually wins.

Okfine
08-24-2015, 07:49 AM
How close you think he get winning world 100 or knoxville lol
Top ten maybe?

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
08-24-2015, 09:17 AM
Prolly got the left rear figured out .

You might be right but we'll find out when he runs against lucas boys

Josh Bayko
08-24-2015, 09:32 AM

He does have a Lucas win this year. You know that, right?

chupp n bloomer fan
08-24-2015, 10:01 AM
He does have a Lucas win this year. You know that, right?Dammit Josh, don't be using facts now.

25drtrkr
08-24-2015, 10:06 AM
I guess Bloomer and Josh didn't get the memo that they would never win a race as long as the 6 car was racing. Even Superman cant be in 2 places at the same time!

I guess Mr. No Weak Links found the missing link!

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
08-24-2015, 10:32 AM
He does have a Lucas win this year. You know that, right?

No didnt research that. Forgive me as I am wrong! Was that a B MAIN that he won josh if not he must have got lucky.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
08-24-2015, 10:40 AM
Richards must have figured out what the #6 was doing.

W2Racing09
08-24-2015, 10:53 AM
No didnt research that. Forgive me as I am wrong! Was that a B MAIN that he won josh if not he must have got lucky.

No, it was a feature at East Bay. It certainly wasn't luck that won him that race.

chupp n bloomer fan
08-24-2015, 11:13 AM
No didnt research that. Forgive me as I am wrong! Was that a B MAIN that he won josh if not he must have got lucky.So you run off at the mouth, are wrong, and still wanna make dumb comments? Simply looking at the Lucas Oil Schedule is all ya needed to do. The top guys from each series are just as good as one another. And yes, once the cat is outta the bag, which never takes long, the 6 won't be so dominant.

W2Racing09
08-24-2015, 11:22 AM
So you run off at the mouth, are wrong, and still wanna make dumb comments? Simply looking at the Lucas Oil Schedule is all ya needed to do. The top guys from each series are just as good as one another. And yes, once the cat is outta the bag, which never takes long, the 6 won't be so dominant.

Agreed, the Lucas series has more top guys, but I don't think season in, and season out that the drivers on the top drivers Lucas Series are any better or worse than the top drivers on the WoO. Lanigan, Clanton and Richards would be top contenders on the Lucas Series along with Owens, Pearson, Bloomquist and Davenport.

Thanks,
Jeff.

Josh Bayko
08-24-2015, 11:45 AM
Agreed, the Lucas series has more top guys, but I don't think season in, and season out that the drivers on the top drivers Lucas Series are any better or worse than the top drivers on the WoO. Lanigan, Clanton and Richards would be top contenders on the Lucas Series along with Owens, Pearson, Bloomquist and Davenport.

Thanks,
Jeff.

The thing is, is if all those guys were on one series, they'd all make less money over the course of the season.

W2Racing09
08-24-2015, 11:54 AM
The thing is, is if all those guys were on one series, they'd all make less money over the course of the season.

Exactly, I think things are perfect as is. I'm happy we have two tours going where I can see some of the best drivers in the country more often since we have the Lucas Series in the area a few times, and the WoO series in the area a few times. Both series provide excellent racing and cars that could win any race in the country on any given night. That is all we can ask for.

Thanks,
Jeff.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
08-24-2015, 12:29 PM
They must have got info from that rumley guy.

Okfine
08-24-2015, 12:43 PM
No, it was a feature at East Bay. It certainly wasn't luck that won him that race.

Was that a points race where all the Lucas guys ran or one of the prelims where it wasn't a full field Lucas ??? Can't remember?

Okfine
08-24-2015, 12:47 PM
Take Lucas top ten, take woo top ten.......write down #1 rank Lucas guy and beside it write down #1 woo guy...........circle who you think is the better of the two.

Do that excersise all the way to the ten spot and see who has the most names circled.....woo or Lucas.

Interesting to see , if you are really honest in your picks.

Kwd1253
08-24-2015, 01:22 PM
He does have a Lucas win this year. You know that, right?Yeah that true, but jd has 3 on woo and scott 2 of them where their biggest pay outs for that tour, scott has 2.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
08-24-2015, 01:24 PM
Feb 11th 35laps. Francis,oneil,moyer were 3,4,5. $7k to win. Must have been a local in 2nd.

Im suprised to really see the #1 car run like it has been recently as they usally always run strong. Good to see them have a good wknd.

mud duck
08-24-2015, 01:24 PM
First, yes Josh is in a roll and give him credit. Personally, I'd rather see Lanigan back winning instead of Josh. But that's just me. My question, with McCreadie being basically the second Rocket car on the WoO's why is he struggling so bad?? Did he not get the new design or updates? He's been out to lunch. he seems to always qualify bad and then in feature pass a lot of cars at times, but at other times he can't seem to find any luck!! I would think Richards would be helping him out since he's a loyal customer. Maybe Lanigan was right? You can't beat them running the same stuff. That's why he find his own deal. Maybe TMAc is realizing what Darrell did?? Just my two cents, but of the Rocket guys TMac is my favorite I wish he'd get it going. Because I know he's making a living at this and it's tough!!

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
08-24-2015, 01:29 PM
First, yes Josh is in a roll and give him credit. Personally, I'd rather see Lanigan back winning instead of Josh. But that's just me. My question, with McCreadie being basically the second Rocket car on the WoO's why is he struggling so bad?? Did he not get the new design or updates? He's been out to lunch. he seems to always qualify bad and then in feature pass a lot of cars at times, but at other times he can't seem to find any luck!! I would think Richards would be helping him out since he's a loyal customer. Maybe Lanigan was right? You can't beat them running the same stuff. That's why he find his own deal. Maybe TMAc is realizing what Darrell did?? Just my two cents, but of the Rocket guys TMac is my favorite I wish he'd get it going. Because I know he's making a living at this and it's tough!!

Tmac ran better in that warrior car once he figured it out.

dirtMAN007
08-24-2015, 02:31 PM
first, yes josh is in a roll and give him credit. Personally, i'd rather see lanigan back winning instead of josh. But that's just me. My question, with mccreadie being basically the second rocket car on the woo's why is he struggling so bad?? Did he not get the new design or updates? He's been out to lunch. He seems to always qualify bad and then in feature pass a lot of cars at times, but at other times he can't seem to find any luck!! I would think richards would be helping him out since he's a loyal customer. Maybe lanigan was right? You can't beat them running the same stuff. That's why he find his own deal. Maybe tmac is realizing what darrell did?? Just my two cents, but of the rocket guys tmac is my favorite i wish he'd get it going. Because i know he's making a living at this and it's tough!!

luck plays into it some but there is a little thing called talent !!! Not that t mac doesn't have any but josh sure does too !!!! Give credit where credit is due !!!

W2Racing09
08-24-2015, 02:55 PM
Take Lucas top ten, take woo top ten.......write down #1 rank Lucas guy and beside it write down #1 woo guy...........circle who you think is the better of the two.

Do that excersise all the way to the ten spot and see who has the most names circled.....woo or Lucas.

Interesting to see , if you are really honest in your picks.

Interesting Idea.
1. Shane Clanton/Jonathan Davenport
2. Josh Richards/Jimmy Owens
3. Chub Frank/Scott Bloomquist (LOL)
4. Rick Eckert/Earl Pearson Jr. (This one is close)
5. Morgan Bagley/Don Oneal
6. Tim McCreadie/Brandon Sheppard (This one is also close)
7. Chase Junghans/Dennis Erb Jr.
8. Frank Heckenast Jr/Steve Francis
9. Eric Wells/Eddie Carrier Jr.
10. Brandon Overton/Jared Landers

I'll take
1. Davenport
2. Richards
3. Bloomquist
4. Pearson Jr.
5. Oneal
6. T-Mac
7. Erb
8. Heckenast
9. Carrier
10. Overton

Lucas: 6, WoO: 4

Thanks,
Jeff.

jog49
08-24-2015, 03:01 PM
The next time Richards wins a race, I'll try to attend. I will put up the money for a protest of his car. Everyone seems to think he can't drive so, obviously, there's an autopilot hidden in that chassis somewhere. Are we more apt to find an autopilot hidden in that car at that race or some dimwitted critics in the grandstands at that race?
I'm pretty sure I can answer that question!

MasterSbilt_Racer
08-24-2015, 03:14 PM
Interesting Idea.

I'll take
1. Davenport
2. Richards
3. Bloomquist
4. Pearson Jr.
5. Oneal
6. T-Mac
7. Erb
8. Heckenast
9. Carrier
10. Overton

Thanks,
Jeff.

I think you were very generous to the WoO.

W2Racing09
08-24-2015, 03:31 PM

Care to elaborate?

MasterSbilt_Racer
08-24-2015, 03:35 PM
Care to elaborate?

Francis, Landers

Okfine
08-24-2015, 03:35 PM

As do I, but everyone has an opinion.......even jeffs shows that Lucas top ten appear to be better.

I wouldn't have put Overton ahead or t Mac ahead........mine looks like Lucas 8-woo 2.

Again.we all have them.

MasterSbilt_Racer
08-24-2015, 03:36 PM
Richards over Owens?

Is the criteria the last 2 weeks performance? talent? current season?

W2Racing09
08-24-2015, 03:41 PM
Richards over Owens?

I would think the criteria is performance this season isn't it? Although I don't think career wise it is an automatic win for Owens. This season however Owens has been nothing short of mediocre, and while Richards has had some dry spells he has still put together a great season with something like 10 or 11 big (IE decent money and decent competition, no local or regional races) wins total, I think the very least of which was $6,000 to win at Screven.

Thanks,
Jeff.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
08-24-2015, 03:47 PM
So you run off at the mouth, are wrong, and still wanna make dumb comments? Simply looking at the Lucas Oil Schedule is all ya needed to do. The top guys from each series are just as good as one another. And yes, once the cat is outta the bag, which never takes long, the 6 won't be so dominant.

I never said josh didnt win a lucas race. I said well see when he runs a lucas race.

MasterSbilt_Racer
08-24-2015, 03:49 PM
I would think the criteria is performance this season isn't it? Although I don't think career wise it is an automatic win for Owens. This season however Owens has been nothing short of mediocre, and while Richards has had some dry spells he has still put together a great season with something like 10 or 11 big (IE decent money and decent competition, no local or regional races) wins total, I think the very least of which was $6,000 to win at Screven.

Thanks,
Jeff.

I don't seem to recall Richards even sniffing the number of crown jewel wins that Owens has.

W2Racing09
08-24-2015, 03:53 PM
As do I, but everyone has an opinion.......even jeffs shows that Lucas top ten appear to be better.

I wouldn't have put Overton ahead or t Mac ahead........mine looks like Lucas 8-woo 2.

Again.we all have them.

T-Mac over B-Shepp is a coin toss really. I think they have had fairly similar seasons. It could go to B-Shepp just as easily as T-Mac. Even so that would only be 7-3 in favor of Lucas, and there were some other hard decisions like Eckert and EPJ that could have gone either way too.

As far as Overton over Landers, I'm looking at the fact that Overton has wins on the season. Landers I think has one MLRA win, Overton has I think (again going by memory) more than a few regional wins on the season. I would take Overton 10 times out of 10 over Landers, I think he is a much better wheelman.

W2Racing09
08-24-2015, 03:54 PM
I don't seem to recall Richards even sniffing the number of crown jewel wins that Owens has.

Owens has crown jewel wins this season? As far as I know that is what we are talking about. If we are making a list of all time best drivers for WoO and Lucas then the list would look a hell of a lot different.

Thanks,
Jeff.

huskerdirt
08-24-2015, 03:58 PM
Richards has 10 wins. 9 WoO and 1 Lucas.

Owens has 3 wins. 2 of those were Az. Owens last win came in late April.

If I'm being strictly off this season(which I believe is W2 is doing), I'm giving the nod to Richards right now.

MasterSbilt_Racer
08-24-2015, 04:03 PM
Owens has crown jewel wins this season? As far as I know that is what we are talking about. If we are making a list of all time best drivers for WoO and Lucas then the list would look a hell of a lot different.

Thanks,
Jeff.

I was responding to the fact you said they were close, career-wise.

Yes, Richards has had a better year, although against much weaker competition.

Okfine
08-24-2015, 04:08 PM
T-Mac over B-Shepp is a coin toss really. I think they have had fairly similar seasons. It could go to B-Shepp just as easily as T-Mac. Even so that would only be 7-3 in favor of Lucas, and there were some other hard decisions like Eckert and EPJ that could have gone either way too.

As far as Overton over Landers, I'm looking at the fact that Overton has wins on the season. Landers I think has one MLRA win, Overton has I think (again going by memory) more than a few regional wins on the season. I would take Overton 10 times out of 10 over Landers, I think he is a much better wheelman.

7 to 3 out of a possible 10 is a skunking Jeff.......might as well say 70 to 30 , 700 to 300 or 7000 to 3000.

It's a bad defeat.

Once you get Past Richards and Clanton ...........woo is pretty week this year.

I like Overton and dislike landers for the record.

W2Racing09
08-24-2015, 04:19 PM
7 to 3 out of a possible 10 is a skunking Jeff.......might as well say 70 to 30 , 700 to 300 or 7000 to 3000.

It's a bad defeat.

Once you get Past Richards and Clanton ...........woo is pretty week this year.

I like Overton and dislike landers for the record.

Its not great, but people act like it is 9/10 or 10/10 or something. This is an odd season, but if Davenport was not on his run, and Lanigan hadn't left the WoO the gap would be the same as it has always been. The WoO had Richards/Lanigan (before the 2015 Clanton showed up) and the Lucas had Owens/Bloomquist (Before Davenport ran with them). There have been plenty of times when a WoO regular dominated a field of Lucas and WoO cars, just like there have been plenty of times the opposite has occurred.

Thanks,
Jeff.

bleedblue55
08-24-2015, 04:34 PM
Run off at the mouth, be wrong, still make dumb comments. Hey, I resemble that remark.

Okfine
08-24-2015, 05:20 PM
Its not great, but people act like it is 9/10 or 10/10 or something. This is an odd season, but if Davenport was not on his run, and Lanigan hadn't left the WoO the gap would be the same as it has always been. The WoO had Richards/Lanigan (before the 2015 Clanton showed up) and the Lucas had Owens/Bloomquist (Before Davenport ran with them). There have been plenty of times when a WoO regular dominated a field of Lucas and WoO cars, just like there have been plenty of times the opposite has occurred.

Thanks,
Jeff.

I really don't think people discount the fact that woo has two very good drivers at the top of their heap.........the rest??? Just think that the rest of the Lucas series regulars far outshine the rest of the woo series regulars.

IMO.

chupp n bloomer fan
08-24-2015, 05:38 PM
Interesting Idea.

I'll take
1. Davenport
2. Richards
3. Bloomquist
4. Pearson Jr.
5. Oneal
6. T-Mac
7. Erb
8. Heckenast
9. Carrier
10. Overton

Thanks,
Jeff.I'll take a stab at it.

1.)Davenport
2.)Richards
3.)Bloomer
4.)Earl(Close)
5.)Don O'Neal
6.)Brandon Sheppard
7.)Dennis Erb Jr(close)
8.)Heckenast Jr
9.)Carrier Jr
10.)Overton

Lucas-7
WoO-3

Highside Hustler25
08-24-2015, 05:39 PM
Richards over Owens?

If that's your criteria, than how can you pick JD over Clanton?
Davenports having a great year but prior to 2015, Clanton has him beat hands down.

chupp n bloomer fan
08-24-2015, 05:48 PM

I never said josh didnt win a lucas race. I said well see when he runs a lucas race.East Bay was a Lucas race, he ran in it and won. If you're trying to say when he runs the full schedule, gotcha, but that's not what ya said.

t3r3e3
08-24-2015, 05:57 PM
Interesting Idea.

I'll take
1. Davenport
2. Richards
3. Bloomquist
4. Pearson Jr.
5. Oneal
6. T-Mac
7. Erb
8. Heckenast
9. Carrier
10. Overton

Thanks,
Jeff.

I would swap Bloomquist and Owens

1 Davenport
2 Bloomquist
3 Owens
4. Pearson Jr
5. O' Neal
6. Sheppard (running better than TMac)
7. Erb
8. Heckenast (running better than Francis overall)
9. Carrier Jr.
10. Landers ( is running far better in the Bloomquist than in last few seasons)

9-1 Lucas
Lucas has a far better roster this year, and has for several seasons. The competition at the average WoO race top to bottom isn't much stouter than the SummerNats shows when Billy Moyer drops in. Still 2-3 elite cars at the top in WoO when Lanigan is on his game, but a bunch of fillers to round out the WoO ranks.

t3r3e3
08-24-2015, 05:59 PM
If that's your criteria, than how can you pick JD over Clanton?
Davenports having a great year but prior to 2015, Clanton has him beat hands down.

Criteria should be as they run this year. Getting historical obviously skews it to vets who might be nowhere near as good as in the past.

Highside Hustler25
08-24-2015, 06:33 PM
Owens won on a bullring at Macon and won a race in Tuscon in January. That's it.

Anyone who says Owens is having a better year than Richards is totally delusional.

Okfine
08-24-2015, 06:35 PM
East Bay was a Lucas race, he ran in it and won. If you're trying to say when he runs the full schedule, gotcha, but that's not what ya said.

Was it a points race and were all the Lucas heavy hitters racing that race? Because if it wasn't, it's irrelevant for this discussion..........if it was, then Josh just kicked all the regular Lucas guys butts and it matters for this discussion.

I just can't remember......

Okfine
08-24-2015, 06:43 PM
Owens won on a bullring at Macon and won a race in Tuscon in January. That's it.

Anyone who says Owens is having a better year than Richards is totally delusional.

Jimmy is having a mediocre season for his standards, but isn't he second in points thus far in Lucas standings.???

A lot of guys racing Lucas and woo that WISH they were that mediocre..........

Better year than Richards, no...............but Jimmy ( like the rest of the Lucas guys) have stiffer competition to face every night.......much stiffer.

One of the reasons that davenports exploits this year are so incredible.

Highside Hustler25
08-24-2015, 06:48 PM
Jimmy is having a mediocre season for his standards, but isn't he second in points thus far in Lucas standings.???

A lot of guys racing Lucas and woo that WISH they were that mediocre..........

Better year than Richards, no...............but Jimmy ( like the rest of the Lucas guys) have stiffer competition to face every night.......much stiffer.

One of the reasons that davenports exploits this year are so incredible.

Not saying Owens is done, just sayin Rocketboy is having a great year. Clanton stunk it up early. Otherwise we'd have a battle between Josh and Shane.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
08-24-2015, 07:53 PM
Was it a points race and were all the Lucas heavy hitters racing that race? Because if it wasn't, it's irrelevant for this discussion..........if it was, then Josh just kicked all the regular Lucas guys butts and it matters for this discussion.

I just can't remember......

Yes all the big hitters were in that race but not a points race. Jd & bloomer finishd 19&20 erb jr 10th francis oneil 3&4.
That was also at the beginning of the season so idk

MasterSbilt_Racer
08-24-2015, 08:26 PM
Interesting Idea.

I'll take
1. Davenport
2. Richards
3. Bloomquist
4. Pearson Jr.
5. Oneal
6. T-Mac
7. Erb
8. Heckenast
9. Carrier
10. Overton

Thanks,
Jeff.

Based on odds to win next combined race.
Davenport
Richards
Bloomquist
Pearson
O'Neal
Sheppard
Erb Jr
Francis
Carrier
Landers

9/1

Based on driver talent
Clanton
Owens
Bloomquist
Pearson
O'Neal
Tmac
Erb
Francis
Carrier
Overton

7/3

Josh Bayko
08-24-2015, 08:28 PM
Interesting Idea.

I'll take a stab at this one. I'm basing it strictly on this year.

1. Davenport
2. Richards
3. Bloomer
4. Pearson
5. O'Neal
6. Sheppard
7. Jughans
8. Heckenast
9. Carrier
10. Landers

7-3 Lucas.

MasterSbilt_Racer
08-24-2015, 08:28 PM

I don't think anyone is arguing that. But 5 weeks ago, it was a tossup.

Kwd1253
08-24-2015, 08:48 PM
Owens won on a bullring at Macon and won a race in Tuscon in January. That's it. Anyone who says Owens is having a better year than Richards is totally delusional.Well on there tour your 100% right josh is doing better than owns on winnings.... but josh vs owns racing against each other, so far this year. Dont care what happen to their car that night nor how far they came up in the pack.......... LUCAS East Bay josh 1st, owens 14th .....WoO Volusia 19th owens 9th, josh 19th... Volusia 20th josh 10th, owens 13th... Volusia 21st owens 2nd, josh 17th... Taz owens 2nd, josh 3rd... Farmer City 17th josh 5th, owens 9th... Farmer City 18th owens 6th, josh 16th..... Smokey Mt. Josh 6th, owens 8th.... Fairbury 24th josh 11th, owens 15th.... Fairbury 25th josh 4th, owens 6th..... Cadar Lake 30th ownes 5th, josh 14th.... Cadar Lake 1st owens 4th, josh 11th...... so far in head up they are 6 to 6, you can do the avrg. If you like up to that point... but the dream will hurt josh on this prelims and the one mean the most dream 100... josh @ dream dns, 6th, dns... ownes @ 5th, 7th, 9th.... Owens is 3 up on josh up to now head to head racing against each other... but one tour side of things, i rather be in josh shoes it looks better, even if i do believe lucas is stronger then WoO. 1st place is 1st place..... ill cut and clown all day on josh but i give him his wins... think really only reason i dis like, is because of the mods on here. they always delete thread about him if shows more hate of him..

Okfine
08-24-2015, 08:51 PM
Yes all the big hitters were in that race but not a points race. Jd & bloomer finishd 19&20 erb jr 10th francis oneil 3&4.
That was also at the beginning of the season so idk

Then it's irrelevant.........

Okfine
08-24-2015, 08:55 PM
Well on there tour your 100% right josh is doing better than owns on winnings.... but josh vs owns racing against each other, so far this year. Dont care what happen to their car that night nor how far they came up in the pack.......... LUCAS East Bay josh 1st, owens 14th .....WoO Volusia 19th owens 9th, josh 19th... Volusia 20th josh 10th, owens 13th... Volusia 21st owens 2nd, josh 17th... Taz owens 2nd, josh 3rd... Farmer City 17th josh 5th, owens 9th... Farmer City 18th owens 6th, josh 16th..... Smokey Mt. Josh 6th, owens 8th.... Fairbury 24th josh 11th, owens 15th.... Fairbury 25th josh 4th, owens 6th..... Cadar Lake 30th ownes 5th, josh 14th.... Cadar Lake 1st owens 4th, josh 11th...... so far in head up they are 6 to 6, you can do the avrg. If you like up to that point... but the dream will hurt josh on this prelims and the one mean the most dream 100... josh @ dream dns, 6th, dns... ownes @ 5th, 7th, 9th.... Owens is 3 up on josh up to now head to head racing against each other... but one tour side of things, i rather be in josh shoes it looks better, even if i do believe lucas is stronger then WoO. 1st place is 1st place..... ill cut and clown all day on josh but i give him his wins... think really only reason i dis like, is because of the mods on here. they always delete thread about him if shows more hate of him..

Some would say that several rocket employees are mods........I have no way of knowing, but at times have a hard time disagreeing.

Pennsboro23
08-24-2015, 09:19 PM
It might just be me, but I think Pearson is currently way better than Eckert.

pink floyd
08-24-2015, 09:22 PM
Eckert sucked in the house car and we (me And pink Floyd) said josh would right the ship and I say he is well on the way !! Great 2 weekends josh !!! Give em' he!! Boy !!!!!

we were right dirtman

pink floyd
08-24-2015, 09:23 PM
It might just be me, but I think Pearson is currently way better than Eckert.

it's not even close

Kwd1253
08-24-2015, 09:24 PM
Pennsboro i 100% agree with you on that... i think someone should do avrg. On jd vs clanton and head to head racing each other... wait think it bloomer vs coconut or josh would be closer

pink floyd
08-24-2015, 09:32 PM

superman
kid rocket
bloomers
the duke of earl
the real deal
tmac/bshepp is a tie
one-man band
Frankie jr
little eddie
mr landers

lucas - 7 1/2
woo - 2 1/2

and the woo races that I have been to have been better than the lucas shows by far.

pink floyd
08-24-2015, 09:38 PM

it's in the front half of the car.

Highside Hustler25
08-24-2015, 09:48 PM
Well on there tour your 100% right josh is doing better than owns on winnings.... but josh vs owns racing against each other, so far this year. Dont care what happen to their car that night nor how far they came up in the pack.......... LUCAS East Bay josh 1st, owens 14th .....WoO Volusia 19th owens 9th, josh 19th... Volusia 20th josh 10th, owens 13th... Volusia 21st owens 2nd, josh 17th... Taz owens 2nd, josh 3rd... Farmer City 17th josh 5th, owens 9th... Farmer City 18th owens 6th, josh 16th..... Smokey Mt. Josh 6th, owens 8th.... Fairbury 24th josh 11th, owens 15th.... Fairbury 25th josh 4th, owens 6th..... Cadar Lake 30th ownes 5th, josh 14th.... Cadar Lake 1st owens 4th, josh 11th...... so far in head up they are 6 to 6, you can do the avrg. If you like up to that point... but the dream will hurt josh on this prelims and the one mean the most dream 100... josh @ dream dns, 6th, dns... ownes @ 5th, 7th, 9th.... Owens is 3 up on josh up to now head to head racing against each other... but one tour side of things, i rather be in josh shoes it looks better, even if i do believe lucas is stronger then WoO. 1st place is 1st place..... ill cut and clown all day on josh but i give him his wins... think really only reason i dis like, is because of the mods on here. they always delete thread about him if shows more hate of him..

It's easy. Just check their wallets.

Kwd1253
08-24-2015, 09:50 PM
1. Shane Clanton/Jonathan Davenport 2. Josh Richards/Jimmy Owens 3. Chub Frank/Scott Bloomquist (LOL) 4. Rick Eckert/Earl Pearson Jr. (This one is close) 5. Morgan Bagley/Don Oneal 6. Tim McCreadie/Brandon Sheppard (This one is also close) 7. Chase Junghans/Dennis Erb Jr. 8. Frank Heckenast Jr/Steve Francis 9. Eric Wells/Eddie Carrier Jr. 10. Brandon Overton/Jared Landers supermankid rocketbloomersthe duke of earlthe real dealtmac/bshepp is a tieone-man bandFrankie jrlittle eddiemr landerslucas - 7 1/2woo - 2 1/2and the woo races that I have been to have been better than the lucas shows by far.Pink we all know the real reason why you enjoy WoO more. It because lanagin not stinking up the the shows and cant win in his car lol. But its funny lanagin does better in his customer cars than his own car. He should buy couple of them back lol.

2old4this
08-24-2015, 09:53 PM
Heard a rumor That Richards bought out longhorn two weeks ago. That might be helping josh a little...

Kwd1253
08-24-2015, 09:58 PM
2old i guess chub about be screwed then, dissing on rocket sunday... i guess he will have goto a B.D./club 29 or capital

Josh Bayko
08-24-2015, 10:11 PM
Heard a rumor That Richards bought out longhorn two weeks ago. That might be helping josh a little...

This one has been shot down by various sources since that rumor got started.

kidrock
08-24-2015, 10:11 PM
I wonder why Josh just can't get credit for what he has accomplished the last 6 races. He goes out and win 5 in the last 6 against some pretty good competition but, some still want to give him chit. I feel jealousy in the air.

Josh Bayko
08-24-2015, 10:13 PM
I wonder why Josh just can't get credit for what he has accomplished the last 6 races. He goes out and win 5 in the last 6 against some pretty good competition but, some still want to give him chit. I feel jealousy in the air.

It took a while to knock the rust off. He's just now getting back to being completely comfortable in the car.

Kwd1253
08-24-2015, 10:33 PM
I wonder why Josh just can't get credit for what he has accomplished the last 6 races. He goes out and win 5 in the last 6 against some pretty good competition but, some still want to give him chit. I feel jealousy in the air.Its ok josh, maybe you get more when you go 6 for 6 lol jk bro.... i think its because he got over shadow, chris brown led 80+ laps at topless 100 then shannon, marlar and mcdowell gets 1,2,3... marlar beats scott then scott beats jd... we all know its josh or clanton going with them races.. in two wks josh pick up another win, unless lanagin comes out no where to win one or eckert might pull a lucky rabbit foot out that long horn. Chub not going to win, wait tmac did bad on his last race so that neans his next race he do good... unless scott skips lucas 4th,5th and races the firecrack reschedule.

mud duck
08-24-2015, 10:34 PM
Jealousy?? That's funny! And to blame it on rust?? Come on you guys know better!! Just like FOX news was that the talking points of the day issued by Team Rocket?? Maybe to divert attention from the new found design? Were you Rocketeers giving credit to Lanigan last year?? or what Clanton has done this year?? I'm betting they weren't getting credit for their good showings from the you guys who support Josh??

bleedblue55
08-25-2015, 04:14 AM

And I heard a rumor about your gullibility. What you been smoking?

Highside Hustler25
08-25-2015, 04:51 AM

Jealousy?? That's funny! And to blame it on rust?? Come on you guys know better!! Just like FOX news was that the talking points of the day issued by Team Rocket?? Maybe to divert attention from the new found design? Were you Rocketeers giving credit to Lanigan last year?? or what Clanton has done this year?? I'm betting they weren't getting credit for their good showings from the you guys who support Josh??

Ha, lol. Looks like you struck a nerve Kid:D

pink floyd
08-25-2015, 04:57 AM
Pink we all know the real reason why you enjoy WoO more. It because lanagin not stinking up the the shows and cant win in his car lol. But its funny lanagin does better in his customer cars than his own car. He should buy couple of them back lol.

yes, that part has been great to watch also!!!

kidrock
08-25-2015, 06:16 AM
Ha, lol. Looks like you struck a nerve Kid:D

I think your right lol

deez lug nuts
08-25-2015, 08:53 PM
Rocket Josh and the #1 team are bringing it. :cool:

Kwd1253
08-29-2015, 09:25 PM
Yeap josh can run with lucas top 5 hehe

huskerdirt
08-29-2015, 09:44 PM

He led some laps and finished 6th.

He can run with the Lucas boys better than some of the actual Lucas boys.

Kwd1253
08-29-2015, 10:01 PM
Husker dont rain on my party with facts "facts are against the rules on 4m" let me enjoy my poke at josh and some of his fans ;) ... i think he might would done better if they ran 1600s he might of won. But think lucas made good call on tires making it better for the fans..

Highside Hustler25
08-30-2015, 08:12 AM

Richards must have kicked sand in your face at the beach I'm guessin:rolleyes:

Kwd1253
08-30-2015, 07:43 PM
Richards must have kicked sand in your face at the beach I'm guessin:rolleyes:Nope, he slang clay in my face as drove by me. when i asked for autograph he slapped the tar out of me, told me " gator dont play that (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)" ;)

CrankedUp90
08-30-2015, 08:32 PM
And I heard a rumor about your gullibility. What you been smoking?

Your gonna be feeling stupid when the truth is revealed. He didnt just turn it up all of a sudden, theres more to it than that, much more!

bleedblue55
08-30-2015, 09:06 PM
Your gonna be feeling stupid when the truth is revealed. He didnt just turn it up all of a sudden, theres more to it than that, much more!
I feel stupid everyday about certain things. A conversation on this board will never be one of those.

mud duck
08-31-2015, 02:38 AM
My question, will the terms be disclosed? or was part of the deal to be kept hush?

UMPDream
08-31-2015, 07:49 AM

I agree Cranked. Only a matter of time before the new "business arrangement" comes out. And only a matter of time, before all the teams have it figured out. You can't pit together all weekend and not know certain things.....

MasterSbilt_Racer
08-31-2015, 08:26 AM
I agree Cranked. Only a matter of time before the new "business arrangement" comes out. And only a matter of time, before all the teams have it figured out. You can't pit together all weekend and not know certain things.....

I haven't been in the pits where Richards car was since February and I know they have the same thing or something relatively close.

hucktyson
08-31-2015, 08:53 AM
Some guy at Pittsburgh took at excellent pic of davenports left rear about to hit the track. It
Looks like he has roughly a 7" 400lb spring on the bottom and a 10" or soo extremely soft sprig that's completely coil bound on top at ride height. Then on the back side of the birdcage there's a Rayburn pullbar looking piece mounted to what look like shock mounts on the top and bottom of the cage. With the cage being solid this piece does absolutely nothing and with the neon colored bump rubbers on it I assume it's to distract attention. Then on top of the LR 4 link mount there's another bump rubber looking piece that MAY compress under acceleration adding angle to that rod but that might also be a placebo. As far as the 6 links on the left rear people were talking about they didn't exist. Davenport has an extremely fast race car ... Is it because of what I described above ? Who knows but I can say without a doubt that Jonathan Davenport can not come
Close to out driving Scott Bloomquist. Everyone better hope rumley never starts working for Bloomquist

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
08-31-2015, 10:00 AM
Some guy at Pittsburgh took at excellent pic of davenports left rear about to hit the track. It
Looks like he has roughly a 7" 400lb spring on the bottom and a 10" or soo extremely soft sprig that's completely coil bound on top at ride height. Then on the back side of the birdcage there's a Rayburn pullbar looking piece mounted to what look like shock mounts on the top and bottom of the cage. With the cage being solid this piece does absolutely nothing and with the neon colored bump rubbers on it I assume it's to distract attention. Then on top of the LR 4 link mount there's another bump rubber looking piece that MAY compress under acceleration adding angle to that rod but that might also be a placebo. As far as the 6 links on the left rear people were talking about they didn't exist. Davenport has an extremely fast race car ... Is it because of what I described above ? Who knows but I can say without a doubt that Jonathan Davenport can not come
Close to out driving Scott Bloomquist. Everyone better hope rumley never starts working for Bloomquist

Dont be fooled or fool yourself!

Kwd1253
08-31-2015, 11:25 AM
Kevin has alot going on with davenports car, most of the time by now everyone would had figure it all out. Atleast scott figure something out to run with jd. Huck if kevin teamed up with scott, they can just sign all the checks to scott. Scott, kevin, reese and sweets on the same team would be unfair lol.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
08-31-2015, 12:03 PM
Kevin will never work for scott and that u can bet on!

Kwd1253
08-31-2015, 12:20 PM
I agree with you sideways, that would be like if moyer teaming up with scott bahaha.

UMPDream
08-31-2015, 01:05 PM
Kevin will never work for scott and that u can bet on!

Why is that? Money buys everything. If Randy Sweet says, come work for me (with real benefits), How would that be any different that when at CV? Doesn't matter, someone else beat them to that idea anyway. Never say Never.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
08-31-2015, 01:23 PM
Why is that? Money buys everything. If Randy Sweet says, come work for me (with real benefits), How would that be any different that when at CV? Doesn't matter, someone else beat them to that idea anyway. Never say Never.

There are somethings that $$ cant buy and that is one of them.

bb14
08-31-2015, 01:48 PM
The arrangement is rumored the KR works at Rocket but K&L still runs the 6 with JD. There is a rumor as to why there was a fallout at Longhorn and if it is true I can see why he is leaving. Again rumors are rumors and it will be interesting if the rumors are true esp if the 6 outruns the house car.

Kevin is smart and will do well with whatever he chooses. His work has made this a year to remember or Scott would have won a lot of money.

25drtrkr
08-31-2015, 01:59 PM
The arrangement is rumored the KR works at Rocket but K&L still runs the 6 with JD. There is a rumor as to why there was a fallout at Longhorn and if it is true I can see why he is leaving. Again rumors are rumors and it will be interesting if the rumors are true esp if the 6 outruns the house car.

Kevin is smart and will do well with whatever he chooses. His work has made this a year to remember or Scott would have won a lot of money.

I believe it will be the $ame rea$on$ EPJ left. $ome people at Longhorn don't want to $pend what it take$ to field a competitive hou$e car team! jmo, of cour$e!

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
08-31-2015, 02:03 PM

So rumor would put jd in a rocket or rocket but out longhorn and they run longhorn?

Okfine
08-31-2015, 02:12 PM
Uhhh boy?????

Sounds like a rousing game of canasta............

I'll wait for the dvd.

bb14
08-31-2015, 02:47 PM
Rumor wasn't started about money. The 6 team has sponsors.

The 6 is a test car for the brand. Same as the 1 car for Rocket. You have to be selective who you sell to or it could end up somewhere being copied. I have heard of at least two builders measuring a LH. I am sure most have taken measurements.

Regardless, you may not want to sell to certain people but the owner is in a business to sell. I see both side and it is unfortunate. I would have rather see them stay than leave. Hopefully these are just rumors.

davis2902
08-31-2015, 03:12 PM

And where might this picture be located on the net?

hucktyson
08-31-2015, 03:32 PM
The picture wasn't on the net. The guy took it with his iPhone 6 in the pits that night. It was well lit and extremely clear. I gave a very detailed explanation in my above paragraph . I didn't even bother having the guy send me the pic .

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
08-31-2015, 03:43 PM
The picture wasn't on the net. The guy took it with his iPhone 6 in the pits that night. It was well lit and extremely clear. I gave a very detailed explanation in my above paragraph . I didn't even bother having the guy send me the pic .

So the guy took the pic for you right

hucktyson
08-31-2015, 03:56 PM
If I wanted a pic of it I would have went and got several . Some random local guy who goes in the pits kept reading all of the speculation and decided to find out for sure. He had no clue what it was so he showed me to see if I knew. I would like to dyno the shocks off that car though ...

davis2902
08-31-2015, 04:03 PM
If I wanted a pic of it I would have went and got several . Some random local guy who goes in the pits kept reading all of the speculation and decided to find out for sure. He had no clue what it was so he showed me to see if I knew. I would like to dyno the shocks off that car though ...

Unless you have a longhorn with the same spring package he has shock dyno numbers mean diddly!

hucktyson
08-31-2015, 04:14 PM
I disagree that nothing can be learned ... He's a shock guru with extensive access to data acquired through testing .. I would like to see how similar or dissimilar what he's running is to typical builds .

25drtrkr
08-31-2015, 05:03 PM
I disagree that nothing can be learned ... He's a shock guru with extensive access to data acquired through testing .. I would like to see how similar or dissimilar what he's running is to typical builds .

Huck, you do realize cars and shocks are just hunks of steel.....roll eyes.....lol!

Highside Hustler25
08-31-2015, 05:43 PM

Makes one wonder how many decoys are under the back of that hot rod with everyone gawking and taking pictures? The Rumleys know they have everyone's attention so lets #@%& with em.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
08-31-2015, 06:00 PM
Makes one wonder how many decoys are under the back of that hot rod with everyone gawking and taking pictures? The Rumleys know they have everyone's attention so lets #@%& with em.

There u go HH you got that right! Cant blame them one bit.

25drtrkr
08-31-2015, 06:20 PM

I guess Bloomer didn't fall for the decoys! lol

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
08-31-2015, 06:26 PM
I guess Bloomer didn't fall for the decoys! lol

He already had the fix to beat them. Hes been doing it for yrs.

25drtrkr
08-31-2015, 06:30 PM
He already had the fix to beat them. Hes been doing it for yrs.

Yep......its called the DRIVER!

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
08-31-2015, 06:33 PM
Yep......its called the DRIVER!

NOPE thats what it makes it look like but its called FUNNY TIRES!

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
08-31-2015, 06:34 PM
yep......its called the driver!

screwdriver?

25drtrkr
08-31-2015, 06:36 PM
screwdriver?

Well, he is sponsored by Ol Smoky!

Nasty55
08-31-2015, 06:57 PM
Back on subject... What happened to kid wreckit Saturday night? He wasn't so hot in the pittsburgher..... Sure he lead a few laps but he fell back to what 6 or 7th place....

Kwd1253
08-31-2015, 07:29 PM
Mark only bought package 1 from kevin, now he going have pay more money for package 2 to get 5th place finsh on lucas tour. Then if he wants to run 4th he going have to buy package 3. In order from him get a 2nd place going have buy package 4-5. To beat jd and scott he going have to buy package 6 which going cost him giving all rights of rocket chassis to kevin.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
08-31-2015, 07:34 PM
Mark only bought package 1 from kevin, now he going have pay more money for package 2 to get 5th place finsh on lucas tour. Then if he wants to run 4th he going have to buy package 3. In order from him get a 2nd place going have buy package 4-5. To beat jd and scott he going have to buy package 6 which going cost him giving all rights of rocket chassis to kevin.

Hope he saved his reciept for his purchase for that gadget on his car at the pittsburger.

mud duck
09-01-2015, 12:38 AM
Well, unfortunately package number one is enough to win on the WoO.

Okfine
09-01-2015, 07:21 AM
Well, unfortunately package number one is enough to win on the WoO.

And he is doing very nicely against the JV team now that you mention it........so is clanton.

Can't wait to see them move up to varsity.

onlyfacts
09-01-2015, 11:38 AM
And he is doing very nicely against the JV team now that you mention it........so is clanton. Can't wait to see them move up to varsity. You are an idiot. I would think someone close to a company like Longhorn would have more class especially with the Labontes owning it.

W2Racing09
09-01-2015, 11:57 AM
You are an idiot. I would think someone close to a company like Longhorn would have more class especially with the Labontes owning it.

Agreed,

To call WoO JV is ignorant at best. I can cite several (SEVERAL) times over the past few years when the WoO drivers won big events over the Lucas and WoO drivers.

Thanks,
Jeff.

onlyfacts
09-01-2015, 12:04 PM
Agreed, To call WoO JV is ignorant at best. I can cite several (SEVERAL) times over the past few years when the WoO drivers won big events over the Lucas and WoO drivers. Thanks, Jeff. When someone works for a company discredits others it reflects on that company.

Okfine
09-01-2015, 01:06 PM
When someone works for a company discredits others it reflects on that company.

Agreed........

Okfine
09-01-2015, 01:09 PM
You are an idiot. I would think someone close to a company like Longhorn would have more class especially with the Labontes owning it.

So your saying that I work with longhorn?????

And I'm the idiot????

I see that your screen name isnt exactly chocked full of words that you live by.

Okfine
09-01-2015, 01:23 PM
Agreed,

To call WoO JV is ignorant at best. I can cite several (SEVERAL) times over the past few years when the WoO drivers won big events over the Lucas and WoO drivers.

Thanks,
Jeff.

Jeff, I think we just went through this excersise...........top 10 versus top 10.........and even the diehard woo/Richards fan that you are came up with a very generous 7 to 3 route for the Lucas series over the woo series.

JV might come across harsh to some, but in reality it's what most people think.........woo is now the undercard in the latemodel series wars and they have done it to themselves.

If you really want to see a route and just how much further advanced in talent the Lucas series is.....do a top 15 versus a top 15, if you can even find 15 woo dedicated drivers.

After clanton, Richards......with an outside respectful nod to lanigan, who ya got?

Got some waiting in the wings with Overton, fergy maybe and a few other youngsters making some noise that may jump in and level the playing field, but for now the terms junior varsity and varsity aren't really that far off when describing the depth of talent between the two series.

And even though you will NEVER publicly come out and agree, it's ok to actually look at the records,drivers and series and internally admit that my description isn't that far off.

Josh Bayko
09-01-2015, 01:32 PM
Jeff, I think we just went through this excersise...........top 10 versus top 10.........and even the diehard woo/Richards fan that you are came up with a very generous 7 to 3 route for the Lucas series over the woo series.

JV might come across harsh to some, but in reality it's what most people think.........woo is now the undercard in the latemodel series wars and they have done it to themselves.

If you really want to see a route and just how much further advanced in talent the Lucas series is.....do a top 15 versus a top 15, if you can even find 15 woo dedicated drivers.

After clanton, Richards......with an outside respectful nod to lanigan, who ya got?

Got some waiting in the wings with Overton, fergy maybe and a few other youngsters making some noise that may jump in and level the playing field, but for now the terms junior varsity and varsity aren't really that far off when describing the depth of talent between the two series.

And even though you will NEVER publicly come out and agree, it's ok to actually look at the records,drivers and series and internally admit that my description isn't that far off.

This year, Lucas is better. Other years, WoO has been better. In the future, it'll continue to be this way. The balance of late model power will switch back and forth. It's the cyclical nature of racing. I think some people that are fans of one series or the other have a hard time admitting their series is on the low end when it is, in fact, on the low end.

Okfine
09-01-2015, 01:32 PM
Agreed,

Thanks,
Jeff.

And your right, there are several times your scenario has happened, But since you mentioned it......start citing.

But to be fair and completely unbiased..........list all the big races run over the last 3 years where both series were represented in a big race, list the top 5 in each of those races, count the number of Lucas guys in the top 5 versus the woo guys in the top 5 of each of those races....add them up.....report your findings to everyone.

I know the answer, so you really don't need to copy me on it.

Okfine
09-01-2015, 01:38 PM
This year, Lucas is better. Other years, WoO has been better. In the future, it'll continue to be this way. The balance of late model power will switch back and forth. It's the cyclical nature of racing. I think some people that are fans of one series or the other have a hard time admitting their series is on the low end when it is, in fact, on the low end.

Very polite way of saying that some people " can't handle the truth"......

Your post is spot on and like almost anything it's cyclical, but unbeknownst to the avid woo bears, that series is and has been on the low end of that cycle for several years now.

With the current leadership and direction , I don't really see that trend reversing itself anytime soon.

D. Tidrow
09-01-2015, 01:46 PM
Very polite way of saying that some people " can't handle the truth"......Your post is spot on and like almost anything it's cyclical, but unbeknownst to the avid woo bears, that series is and has been on the low end of that cycle for several years now.With the current leadership and direction , I don't really see that trend reversing itself anytime soon.All I can say is Okfine, is I agree with about 99% with what you say but your quote at the bottom says it all. Keep it going fine sir, that is all.

Okfine
09-01-2015, 01:54 PM
About the only thing I ever heard Mike Tyson say that amounted to much.............

Josh Bayko
09-01-2015, 01:54 PM
With the current leadership and direction , I don't really see that trend reversing itself anytime soon.

Hard to say, really. Let's say the whole Rumley/Rocket thing for 2016 and beyond is true. That would almost assuredly move Davenport over to the WoO. That significantly changes the power, because suddenly, you'd have the three biggest national touring winners on the same tour. And Bloomer is notorious for jumping off tours when it suits him (I could see this weekend being one of those instances), let's say he decides to go back to being a true outlaw racer.

Would a tour headlined by Owens, Carrier, Sheppard and Pearson be better than a tour headlined by Davenport, Richards, Clanton and Lanigan?

Nope.

Okfine
09-01-2015, 01:59 PM
Hard to say, really. Let's say the whole Rumley/Rocket thing for 2016 and beyond is true. That would almost assuredly move Davenport over to the WoO. That significantly changes the power, because suddenly, you'd have the three biggest national touring winners on the same tour. And Bloomer is notorious for jumping off tours when it suits him (I could see this weekend being one of those instances), let's say he decides to go back to being a true outlaw racer.

Is a tour headlined by Owens, Carrier, Sheppard and Pearson better than a tour headlined by Davenport, Richards, Clanton and Lanigan?

Nope.

Exactly why I love reading and interacting with your posts.......thought out, factual, insightful and completely ( un) rose colored.
We don't always agree, but on this .......we do.

And if it all works out like you say and it does happen exactly like that then woo can no longer be thought of as JV.........but until then, they can barely hold the Lucas jock straps.

Josh Bayko
09-01-2015, 02:05 PM
Exactly why I love reading and interacting with your posts.......thought out, factual, insightful and completely ( un) rose colored.
We don't always agree, but on this .......we do.

And if it all works out like you say and it does happen exactly like that then woo can no longer be thought of as JV.........but until then, they can barely hold the Lucas jock straps.

Would you feel the same if a WoO driver won Knoxville and the DTWC?

In reality, I think both series are very necessary, though. More drivers making more money is never a bad thing.

W2Racing09
09-01-2015, 02:23 PM

I think a top 15 would be kind of pointless, considering drivers such as Billy Moyer, Bobby Piece and Chris Simpson are listed in the top 15 for the Lucas Series. To my knowledge they have just 11 drivers running the full series with Moran having called it quits. By the same token the WoO only has 12 full timers. The top 10 was a good comparison, and keep in mind that top 10 comparison is probably a little bit different if you were to include Lanigan who ran the full tour and dropped off recently but has still missed just 6 events.

Thanks,
Jeff.

W2Racing09
09-01-2015, 02:29 PM
Very polite way of saying that some people " can't handle the truth"......

Your post is spot on and like almost anything it's cyclical, but unbeknownst to the avid woo bears, that series is and has been on the low end of that cycle for several years now.

Obviously the WoO is not the top tour in the land, but the difference is much smaller than that of V to JV. If the Lucas Series is a competition level of 100, then the WoO is 85 as it is right now. They are very close and as Josh illustrated, things can change in the blink of an eye.

Thanks,
Jeff.

Kwd1253
09-01-2015, 03:32 PM
Hard to say, really. Let's say the whole Rumley/Rocket thing for 2016 and beyond is true. That would almost assuredly move Davenport over to the WoO. That significantly changes the power, because suddenly, you'd have the three biggest national touring winners on the same tour. And Bloomer is notorious for jumping off tours when it suits him (I could see this weekend being one of those instances), let's say he decides to go back to being a true outlaw racer. Would a tour headlined by Owens, Carrier, Sheppard and Pearson be better than a tour headlined by Davenport, Richards, Clanton and Lanigan? Nope. Why would jd move to woo that make no since to me... special if josh in the house car, jd in another car not the star of kevins car. Not going happen. The smartest thing would be have jd run lucas and josh run Woo. Mark doesnt not need kevin be there. Mark just needs kevin design and brake down how everything works. Mark no dumba$$, he just needs kevin guild rocket in the right way. Having house car on two national tour and taking first in points would make more since.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
09-01-2015, 03:38 PM
Why would jd move to woo that make no since to me... special if josh in the house car, jd in another car not the star of kevins car. Not going happen. The smartest thing would be have jd run lucas and josh run Woo. Mark doesnt not need kevin be there. Mark just needs kevin design and brake down how everything works. Mark no dumba$$, he just needs kevin guild rocket in the right way. Having house car on two national tour and taking first in points would make more since.

Jd might not even run tour next yr.They wernt going to run this yr but with the sponsor they pickd up, they had to run all the tv races. Then they desided to run tour as they were leading points.

COKEandaSMILE
09-01-2015, 04:22 PM
Rumley/rocket thing??????

For conversation sake, makes zero sense for both to run the same series.

Two top dogs in one chassis, in one series, doesn't last long. To believe otherwise is foolish.

mud duck
09-01-2015, 05:58 PM
Ok fine is right!! Maybe a tad harsh on the JV thing but we get his point!! If the top five Lucas guys ran the WoO would Clanton have it locked up already? Would Josh have all his recent wins?? Would Chub be third in pts?? No!! But, give them credit they run against the competition that shows up each night!! So they deserve what they got!! But, I think anyone realistically "other then maybe Rocketboy" supporters can see the teams on the Lucas side are somewhat better. This year!!

Okfine
09-01-2015, 08:32 PM
Both series have their superstars and talented fields...........one just has more of both, that's all.

Barbecueboy
09-02-2015, 08:15 AM
Ok fine is right!! Maybe a tad harsh on the JV thing but we get his point!! If the top five Lucas guys ran the WoO would Clanton have it locked up already? Would Josh have all his recent wins?? Would Chub be third in pts?? No!! But, give them credit they run against the competition that shows up each night!! So they deserve what they got!! But, I think anyone realistically "other then maybe Rocketboy" supporters can see the teams on the Lucas side are somewhat better. This year!!

Exactly.........

Highside Hustler25
09-02-2015, 08:20 AM
Exactly.........

Welcome back Bro:)Where ya been?

Barbecueboy
09-02-2015, 08:51 AM
Welcome back Bro:)Where ya been?

Banned for telling the truth..........While perusing 4m , I wouldn't recommend it.

Just nod yes after every post, and your probably safe.

But to answer your question, oh, I've been around.

Barbecueboy
09-02-2015, 08:52 AM
I find this thread fascinating.........appears there are more than just me out here.