PDA

View Full Version : Spindle rotor combination question??

Dirt36
08-24-2015, 06:44 PM
I'm sure this has been discussed before in older threads, but is there any way to use a metric rotor on a Camaro spindle? Maybe a bearing conversion of some kind, seems like with all the new reproduction style products out now, there could be something out there. Thanks

stock car driver
08-24-2015, 09:33 PM
no how would you bolt the caliper on?

Dirt36
08-24-2015, 09:42 PM
Speedway sells an adaptor for metric calipers on "big" spindles but it may or may not work with a smaller rotor. Just trying to obtain some info for a build to save some weight, thanks for the input

oldgold
08-25-2015, 06:31 AM
I'm sure this has been discussed before in older threads, but is there any way to use a metric rotor on a Camaro spindle? Maybe a bearing conversion of some kind, seems like with all the new reproduction style products out now, there could be something out there. Thanks why dont you run the camaro rotor?

stock car driver
08-25-2015, 10:44 AM
Speedway sells an adaptor for metric calipers on "big" spindles but it may or may not work with a smaller rotor. Just trying to obtain some info for a build to save some weight, thanks for the input

the adapter is for the caliper it still uses the BIG rotor clearly it wont work on a smaller diameter rotor you would need to move the caliper closer to centerline of the hub not just space in one bolt....

Dirt36
08-25-2015, 11:51 AM
To save weight and for the 4 3/4 pattern Oldgold, but I got something figured out, thanks for your input stock car