PDA

View Full Version : GRT Mount Locations

luv2pla
08-27-2015, 01:54 PM
On a 2003-era GRT, what is the distance from the center of they lower control arm to the strut rod mounting point at the front of the car? It appears to be around 20-1/2" but because of the "tweaking" It's not exactly obvious.

billetbirdcage
08-27-2015, 02:35 PM
On a 2003-era GRT, what is the distance from the center of they lower control arm to the strut rod mounting point at the front of the car? It appears to be around 20-1/2" but because of the "tweaking" It's not exactly obvious.

It's not really important front to back, but side to side is..... It should be in line with the lower control arm bolt. If it's off it will add caster gain or loss.

luv2pla
08-27-2015, 02:40 PM
It's not really important front to back, but side to side is..... It should be in line with the lower control arm bolt. If it's off it will add caster gain or loss.

I'm planning on going back with the one piece lower control arm and there is very little adjustment with that so I need to be at least close.

billetbirdcage
08-27-2015, 02:43 PM
I'm planning on going back with the one piece lower control arm and there is very little adjustment with that so I need to be at least close.

I thought about the one piece lowers right after I posted and thought that might be the reason you wanted it, my bad.

I don't have a measurement that is probably any more accurate then what you coming up with so I'm no help.

luv2pla
08-28-2015, 01:29 PM
Let's try this instead. Does anyone have a one piece GRT right front lower control arm that they can measure the distance from center to center of the heims?

rakracing
08-28-2015, 09:10 PM
I have 21-1/2 center to center from hiem to hiem , 18"hiem to center of ball joint and 27" center of hiem to center of balljoint that from the one on the car that hasn't been altered by the wall, if you no what I mean.

luv2pla
08-28-2015, 09:31 PM
That's exactly what I needed. Thanks very much!